What type of season can we expect from DREEEEEEEEEEEw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

What type of season can we expect from DREEEEEEEEEEEw.

I'm thinking 10-6, playoffs, and a pro bowl backup spot.....
  • Herdwatcher
    One out of many
    • Jul 2002

I see Drew making the best out of it, with that I mean he will be back in is old form. The past few seasons he has lost some ability to read the defense. why I don't know. but I think it's all nothing but a bumpy part of his career. he should be fine.
    Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I dont know if it was his ability to read defenses so much HW, I think it might be he got bored. There was never any excitement in NEngland. Moulds, Reed, and MWilliams brings some excitement, plus he was forced to move. That can do wonders for a person.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I think the Bills will break the .500 mark, probably 9-7, no playoffs but Drew and 3 other Bills are chosen for the Pro-Bowl.

Comment

• DrewBlue11
          Jeffblue19, True Blue fan
          • Jul 2002

I think Drew's passion has been reignited. He got sidetracked with hatred for his coach (as lame as that sounds) and I don't believe he thought the organization was dedicated to getting him the tools to win. He lost some confidence and he lost the every sunday ability to get up for a game. That's what i saw happen. Now, he's starting over. If nothing else, his passion for the game should return in full force. That will take him a long way.
          Mark My Word...This team is building...they're on their way up...they're coming back. Buffalo Bills...2003 AFC East Champions.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

No playoffs, no pro-bowl

I think inconsistency is what we can expect from drew. Some games he will be a hero, other games the goat. Many bills fan will be dissapointed.

sorry, not trying to be the pessimist! But I just think that's whats gonna happen!

Comment

• DrewBlue11
              Jeffblue19, True Blue fan
              • Jul 2002

I think if the O-LIne holds up and the running game has any kind of consistency, he'll return to old Drew Bledsoe form. He was never extra spectacular. He throws for a lot of yards and has near equal TDs and INTs. As long as the TDs outnumber the INTs, and he isn't the reason we lose games, he's doing his job.
              Mark My Word...This team is building...they're on their way up...they're coming back. Buffalo Bills...2003 AFC East Champions.

Comment

• John from Hemet
                • Jul 2002

I dont care how well Drew Bledsoe does statically as much as how well the team does....

I know that we have the talent in place at the key positions to have a monster year.....what I worry about is the staff's philosophy of the team. It is my sincere hope that this bills offense will use the THREAT of Drew Bledsoe as much as actually using Drew Bledsoe....

....when teams are stacking the box.....somebody is open down field

....when teams back off the stack....start running underneath and throwing the underneath routes...

I just dont want everyone standing around watching Bledsoe to see if he is going to win the game for us...and if our O-Line does block for a consistant 3 potatoe count...we have NO CHANCE
                The Polarbear

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

Good post John, I agree. I think we could have done a better job of that last year too. RJ had a great arm, we could have opened it up a little more when defenses stacked the box.

With Drew at the helm and Moulds and PP at wideout, they shouldn't be able to stack the box too often. If they do, I expect gilbride to throw it downfield and take advantage of drew's arm.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

drew will re-gain his upper echelon status.i don't mean to sound pessemistic but i see him leading us to an 8-8 season.with a couple breaks-10-6.as for stats:

3700 yards passing-27 TD-17 INT

just a guess.

Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                      Expert on Experts
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

just a guess.

Oh, you were just guessing. I thought maybe you could see into the future or something. Thanks for clearin that up.

Comment

• SactoBillFan
                        • Jul 2002

I think Drew will be just fine as long as the O-line is as good as we think they are going to be. 10-6 very possible 8-8 expected as the D is still suspect. I'm also rooting for Gregg Williams to mature and succeed as a HC.

Go Bills!!!!

Comment

• Maylocks
                          • Jul 2002

Drew will provide leadership for an improving young team and IF the O-line is as improved as it appears to be, the big question will be how well the defense and special teams play. It won't matter one bit whether Drew sucks or is the second coming of JK if we can't have decent kick returns, attain good field position for ourselves and not give it away to our oponents, score field goals and if our defense lets other teams score more than we score. The fans know all this, but they can't help being excited at what will be at least an 8-8 season...and quite possibly a play-off season.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

LOL SoCal!

I'll be optimistic, but link Drew's success to the success of the running game.

Two scenarios:

A. Our running game is clicking; Drew has a 24/17 year w/ 3,700 yards.

B. Our running game is sorry; Drew repeats his last year essentially or thereabouts. I'll say 18/18 w/ 3,400 yards.

Drew isn't going to win games on his own. He's never done that. Having said that, if the running game is able to take the pressure off of him, then I think we can expect a better-than-average year out of him.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

As to making the pro bowl, while he's been there 3 times, only once was not as a result of an injury to another. The other time, he was a backup.

I don't see him making the PB this year. I see...

Gannon, Manning, and Fiedler (if his surgery/injury heals) being the AFC reps. Possibly Testeverde as I see him having a good year.
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X