PDA

View Full Version : What type of season can we expect from DREEEEEEEEEEEw.

Dozerdog
07-13-2002, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking 10-6, playoffs, and a pro bowl backup spot.....

Herdwatcher
07-14-2002, 05:28 PM
I see Drew making the best out of it, with that I mean he will be back in is old form. The past few seasons he has lost some ability to read the defense. why I don't know. but I think it's all nothing but a bumpy part of his career. he should be fine.

Pride
07-15-2002, 11:30 AM
I dont know if it was his ability to read defenses so much HW, I think it might be he got bored. There was never any excitement in NEngland. Moulds, Reed, and MWilliams brings some excitement, plus he was forced to move. That can do wonders for a person.

RedEyE
07-15-2002, 01:38 PM
I think the Bills will break the .500 mark, probably 9-7, no playoffs but Drew and 3 other Bills are chosen for the Pro-Bowl.

DrewBlue11
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
I think Drew's passion has been reignited. He got sidetracked with hatred for his coach (as lame as that sounds) and I don't believe he thought the organization was dedicated to getting him the tools to win. He lost some confidence and he lost the every sunday ability to get up for a game. That's what i saw happen. Now, he's starting over. If nothing else, his passion for the game should return in full force. That will take him a long way.

SoCalBillsFan
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
No playoffs, no pro-bowl

I think inconsistency is what we can expect from drew. Some games he will be a hero, other games the goat. Many bills fan will be dissapointed.

sorry, not trying to be the pessimist! But I just think that's whats gonna happen!

DrewBlue11
07-15-2002, 01:51 PM
I think if the O-LIne holds up and the running game has any kind of consistency, he'll return to old Drew Bledsoe form. He was never extra spectacular. He throws for a lot of yards and has near equal TDs and INTs. As long as the TDs outnumber the INTs, and he isn't the reason we lose games, he's doing his job.

John from Hemet
07-16-2002, 03:16 PM
I dont care how well Drew Bledsoe does statically as much as how well the team does....

I know that we have the talent in place at the key positions to have a monster year.....what I worry about is the staff's philosophy of the team. It is my sincere hope that this bills offense will use the THREAT of Drew Bledsoe as much as actually using Drew Bledsoe....

....when teams are stacking the box.....somebody is open down field

....when teams back off the stack....start running underneath and throwing the underneath routes...

I just dont want everyone standing around watching Bledsoe to see if he is going to win the game for us...and if our O-Line does block for a consistant 3 potatoe count...we have NO CHANCE

SoCalBillsFan
07-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Good post John, I agree. I think we could have done a better job of that last year too. RJ had a great arm, we could have opened it up a little more when defenses stacked the box.

With Drew at the helm and Moulds and PP at wideout, they shouldn't be able to stack the box too often. If they do, I expect gilbride to throw it downfield and take advantage of drew's arm.

SABURZFAN
07-16-2002, 03:24 PM
drew will re-gain his upper echelon status.i don't mean to sound pessemistic but i see him leading us to an 8-8 season.with a couple breaks-10-6.as for stats:

3700 yards passing-27 TD-17 INT

just a guess.

:gobills:

SoCalBillsFan
07-16-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

just a guess.

Oh, you were just guessing. I thought maybe you could see into the future or something. Thanks for clearin that up.

:D

SactoBillFan
07-16-2002, 03:30 PM
I think Drew will be just fine as long as the O-line is as good as we think they are going to be. 10-6 very possible 8-8 expected as the D is still suspect. I'm also rooting for Gregg Williams to mature and succeed as a HC.

Go Bills!!!!

Maylocks
07-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Drew will provide leadership for an improving young team and IF the O-line is as improved as it appears to be, the big question will be how well the defense and special teams play. It won't matter one bit whether Drew sucks or is the second coming of JK if we can't have decent kick returns, attain good field position for ourselves and not give it away to our oponents, score field goals and if our defense lets other teams score more than we score. The fans know all this, but they can't help being excited at what will be at least an 8-8 season...and quite possibly a play-off season.

WG
07-16-2002, 06:41 PM
LOL SoCal!

I'll be optimistic, but link Drew's success to the success of the running game.

Two scenarios:

A. Our running game is clicking; Drew has a 24/17 year w/ 3,700 yards.

B. Our running game is sorry; Drew repeats his last year essentially or thereabouts. I'll say 18/18 w/ 3,400 yards.

Drew isn't going to win games on his own. He's never done that. Having said that, if the running game is able to take the pressure off of him, then I think we can expect a better-than-average year out of him.

WG
07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
As to making the pro bowl, while he's been there 3 times, only once was not as a result of an injury to another. The other time, he was a backup.

I don't see him making the PB this year. I see...

Gannon, Manning, and Fiedler (if his surgery/injury heals) being the AFC reps. Possibly Testeverde as I see him having a good year.

Romes
07-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Drew isn't going to win games on his own. He's never done that. Having said that, if the running game is able to take the pressure off of him, then I think we can expect a better-than-average year out of him.

I agree. Of course Bledsoe isn't going to win games on his own. How many QB's in NFL history do you know of that could win games on their own? Not very many, and all that did are in the HoF for sure.

The great thing about Bledsoe, are his leadership skills and his arm strength and accuracy. That is why he is the best QB the Bills have had since JK.

It might be a stretch and maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think that if the running game clicks then Bledsoe can throw for 4,000 yds, 30/17. If not then somewhere around the numbers you posted Wys.

Bledsoe will make the Pro Bowl if the Bills win. If the Bills go 6-10 or 7-9 and Bledsoe still has good numbers but the Bills lose because of Defense and ST then Bledsoe will not make the Pro Bowl. If the Bills can win 10 I think that will gaurantee and Pro Bowl for Bledose, because he will undoubtedly contribute and have good numbers in those 10 wins. Having said that I think the bills will win 8 and Bledsoe probably won't make the Pro Bowl. Just because the defense hasn't reached the top 12 of the league.

gonzo1105
07-16-2002, 07:06 PM
He will be fine Henry should have 1,000 yards this season

WG
07-16-2002, 08:06 PM
IDK, Garcia made the PB when the Niners were 6-10.

Cal,

30 TDs? That's awfully optimistic since he's never done that. As much as those who've supported him in the past say he didn't have a team around him, it's awfully tough to dismiss the OL and Martin and Coates the year he pitched 27 and 28.

Henry ain't Martin and neither Moore or JR is Coates in his prime like that. Our OL is probably comparable at best with all the youth.

Unfortunately, as our team will trying to gel the youth and chemistry aspects of the unit, we'll have a tough first 5 games to do it in.

John from Hemet
07-16-2002, 08:21 PM
I think it is way to early to say things like "Henry" aint Martin...

We dont know how good Henry is going to be....how can we even know until we give them a comparable situation....Henry did not have the situation to show what he could do with a lethal passing attack to allow him to run under the middle of it.....he was too busy breaking tackles in his own backfield.....

As far as Reirisma and Moore being better then coates...once again I say...when was the last time that we had a offensive line that we could actually risk sending a TE out into a pass patter on a consistant basis.....

I anxiously await the season to see if my theories prove correct which are...

Travis Henry gains well over a thousand yards

Centers catches come down dramatically as we start going downtown

Bledsoe has a monster year...playing within the framework of the offense...and makes the pro bowl....

We lose in the AFC Championship game.....

How is THAT for predictions...:)

justasportsfan
07-16-2002, 08:26 PM
whether we make the playoffs or not, I don't know. I say 9-7.

I'm not sure either if DB will make pb but I think he'll definitely take the title back as the best qb in the AFCE.

colin
07-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Reimersma may not be Coats, and Martin is better than Henry, but we also have Moore, and when has New England had a reciever (besides Glenn of course) who could even start for our team?

Price, Moulds, Germany, Mc, Reed.

If we can get protection and single back production, we might be able to throw in some 4 wide and just out match the secondary.

Cntrygal
07-16-2002, 10:21 PM
WELCOME Maylocks!!!!!!!!! :)

THATHURMANATOR
07-16-2002, 10:27 PM
Fiedler in the Pro bowl WYS??? Are you serious?

BillsMan80
07-16-2002, 10:31 PM
That's a big joke Thurm...a huge Joke...

Dajesus
07-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Anything better than a 80 passer rating would surprise me. He has a lot of talent, and he has Moulds to throw to, but there is a lot against him. He has to learn a whole new system, witch really can't be underestimated. Not many qbs that changed team since FA started has put up great numbers. He has to get used to a whole new WR corps. It is very important to know how your WRs will react to every situation, this usually takes about half a season to get worked out. Your o-line is much improved, but you have a rookie RT, and a LT that is on his first year, you have to expect growing pains. The last would be his health. Drew has taken a serious beeting his past few seasons. 105 sacks in his last 34 starts, and countless hits. You have to wonder if he can continue to take the hits.

DrewBlue11
07-17-2002, 12:40 AM
I know Wys, come on...Testeverde...the old man, having a good year? And Fiedler in the Pro Bowl? Are you ok over there?

keithg
07-17-2002, 09:04 AM
I see us being more competitive in games this year, with the overall improvement made in the offseason. But, when you look at the talent level of the other AFC East teams, it is somewhat unrealistic, in my opinion, to think we will improve to a 10-6, 11-5, or 12-4 record. I feel a 9-7, 8-8, or 7-9 record is more likely with a young and improving squad ready for the playoffs in 2003. Drew should have a good year if the young O line comes together. It should be a lot more fun to be a Bills fan this year!!!!!!!!!

Player6600
07-17-2002, 09:07 AM
Drew will have a solid season. I'm just worried he might force to issue too much especially if we're behind. He has been known to throw the odd interception.

Butch
07-17-2002, 09:25 AM
I think Bledsoe will give us 3400 yards, 23 TDs and 15 INTs

The Undertaker #59
07-17-2002, 10:04 AM
My hope is that Bledsoe plays very well. Good enough that the Bills fans have much hope for the future, and that he feels that he proved himself.

As far as record for the Bills, I have no clue, but as a Pats fan, I'll say this - Whatever your record is, I hope its better than the Jets.

John from Hemet
07-17-2002, 11:09 AM
Just for clarification.....our Left Tackle is not in his first year....

Trey Teague started all 16 games for Denver last season....

This is the type of stuff that really gives me hope for this season....fans, media, sports prognosticators....all seem to have bits and pieces of what this team has done to improve itself but if they really had the entire picture...and compare it to the other teams in our division....they would be giving us a much better chance for making noise...there are some things that are undisputable about last years team:

- We were ravaged by salary cap, free agency, and injuries
- We had entirely new systems both offensively and defensively installed
- We pinned our hopes on a QB that gets hurt every 3rd play who is now somebodies backup on another team
- John Fina was regressing badly....but then BAM..he just seemed to get old in a day....when you LEFT TACKLE cannot block anybody then your offensive line is in shambles....at one point last season we had a rookie SIXTH ROUND PICK and a UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT with no experience as our starting offensive tackles...our center played with a separated shoulder

- People dont understand the dominance of a guy like Mike Williams. Yes he is a rookie...but he is a rookie in a draft year that had DOMINANT Tackles....and then 2 very good ones behind that. Barring injury.....most people....especially the sports media types....agree that Mike Williams is going to be a devestating blocker....I cant wait to see how he does against Miami

This team has not had a legit blocking tight end for a LONG time....we now have one

these are just a few of the improvements the team has made.

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:30 PM
I think Drew will have a pretty solid year. He's spent a lot of time this offseason learning the playbook and lots of time with Eric, Peeless, and the rest. The whole key lies in how the O-Line comes together. Sure we have the talent now but it all hinges on how well they work as a unit.

angneli
07-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Drew will be over 3500 yds and 20 TD's on the year.

Michael82
09-24-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Drew repeats his last year essentially or thereabouts. I'll say 18/18 w/ 3,400 yards.

Well, Wys....so far it looks like you have been wrong. :D

I brought this post back just to see if anyone's opinions are changing from the first three games or if they still feel the same way. BTW Wys....I LMAO when I read you say that Vinny Testaverde is gonna have a good year and possibly go to the pro-bowl. :lol:

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 08:46 AM
:D

...more of the same. The first three games are not a fluke (NOT Flutie). This is real and I love it!!!!!!

:coocoo: