PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson is the ONLY Bill who made it to the 25 semi-finalists...

Michael82
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Former All-Pro quarterbacks Dan Marino and Steve Young are among the several first-year eligible players who head the list of 25 semi-finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2005. The semi-finalists were chosen by the Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors from the recently announced list of 90 preliminary nominees.

The list of 25 semi-finalists will be reduced by mail ballot to 13 modern-era candidates. That list will then increase to 15 finalist nominees with the inclusion of the two recommended candidates of the Hall of Fame's Senior Committee. This year's Seniors Committee nominees, who were announced in August, are two of pro football's early pioneers - Benny Friedman and Fritz Pollard. The Seniors Committee reviews the qualifications of those players, coaches, and contributors whose careers took place more than 25 years ago. The list of 15 finalists for the Class of 2005 will be announced in mid-January.

http://www.profootballhof.com//enshrinement//release.jsp?release_id=1338

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2004, 02:56 PM
If Bob Kuchenberg makes it, I'm gonna drive to Canton and throw tomatos at him.

Michael82
11-19-2004, 02:58 PM
If Bob Kuchenberg makes it, I'm gonna drive to Canton and throw tomatos at him.
:rofl:

Michael82
11-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Ralph has no chance in this group? :( :sadwalk:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2004, 04:07 PM
my picks....

ralph wilson
dan marino
steve young
art monk
ray guy

The King
11-19-2004, 04:13 PM
I think Zimmerman Haley Doleman will all get in but not first year.

I am gonna say

Marino
Monk
Irvin
Thomas
Steve Young

I bet Thomas gets in cause hes dead... RIP

RedEyE
11-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I think Wilson makes it this year. Marino and Young are shoe-ins.

clumping platelets
11-19-2004, 10:37 PM
my picks....

ralph wilson
dan marino
steve young
art monk
ray guy

I would substitute CB Lester Hayes for Steve Young........Steve Young did not define the QB position. Lester Hayes truly contributed to redefining the CB position

chernobylwraiths
11-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I would substitute CB Lester Hayes for Steve Young........Steve Young did not define the QB position. Lester Hayes truly contributed to redefining the CB position

Steve Yound will definitely make it. He along with Randel made the scrambling QB come back into vogue. Now EVERYONE wants a scrambling QB. He also won a SB and had tons of yardage. He will be in. I don't know about Lester. He was a big name but the day the outlawed stickem, he was a ton less productive. It might have been near the end of his career, but I think the Raider mystique did more for Lester than anything he did on the field. I also don't think Art Monk will make it again. He will have to go in on a thin year and this year doesn't look like it.

I would hate to see another old Dolphin make it. I still don't know how Bob Griese made it in.

Dozerdog
11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
He's only the higest rated passer in NFL history

A couple of seasons with 100+ rating as well.

SABURZFAN
11-20-2004, 02:32 PM
I still don't know how Bob Griese made it in.

i'm wondering how bob waterfield made it.

Mr. Cynical
11-21-2004, 04:00 AM
I just think given Wilson's age they really ought to get him in there asap.