X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Alex Van Pelt puts Bills first despite losing chance to start

"I think maybe if somebody else had come in, some of the free-agent guys that were out there, I would have been in a situation to compete," Van Pelt said this past week. "But anytime you can get a guy like Drew in on your team, you're only doing great things for your team. When that happened, yeah, I was a little disappointed obviously, but, more so than anything else, excited about working with him and what he's going to bring to the team."

To say Van Pelt was accepting of Bledsoe's arrival would understate his commitment to the Bills. When the Bledsoe rumors started swirling last spring, Van Pelt was among those with fingers crossed hoping the deal would get done. It made no difference that a trade would undermine his chance at becoming the No. 1 QB. What mattered to Van Pelt is that acquiring Bledsoe would be in the best interests of the franchise..........

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

If it wasn't for the Bills he would've been out of the NFL a few years ago. He should know he's nothing but a clipboard holder so why dispute it.

He's making about a million a year to do nothing. I could handle that.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'd take AVP as my starter over some of the regular starters in the NFL today
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
        • Jul 2002

Ditto

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

One thing Futile could never get through his head is how valuable an experienced backup is. Look at NE last season. If Bledsoe doesn't come in and mount a winning drive against Pitt they don't make it to the superbowl. Do you really thing Ray Lucas could have done that? No he would have turned the ball over every time he touched it. It's good we have Alex on the sideline he works well there and if we need him I bet he will be ready to play.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            I'd take AVP as my starter over some of the regular starters in the NFL today
            Kinta is about the only one I can think of.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
            X