• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Bobby April gets his revenge

He was run out of St. Louis for the Rams did not give him any players useful on special teams. In Buffalo he has rooks and veterns playing well. Tucker was on one special teams play and he leveled his man to spring the kicker. Same with Wire who cut across kick returner freeing kicker for more yards and then went down field and again gave a good block.

The Bills now have THREE dangerous kick returners - F. Smith, McGee and Clements - and teams will need to account for special teams or pay penality.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

That was huge today. April has to be feeling really good.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Bobby AprilMike Martz (who thinks ST doesn't matter)
      Last edited by Michael82; 11-21-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

April has done an absolutely incredible job with our special teams. Shades of Bruce Dehaven's units in the 90's? Martz does a pretty good job looking like an ass all on his own, but he really got his fill today. Well done Bills S.T.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Schemes have been very good and the players seem to recognize situations; probably the best thing has been lack of major injuries on special teams and willingness to try new players in new situations with players ASKING if they can play special teams! Great Shades of Marv Levy!

For St. Louis it looked like Danny Smith was coaching. That is not good.

I loved this quote from St. Louis today:
          -Why can’t the Rams locate players capable to covering and returning kicks? This team has solid punting and excellent place-kicking, but the rest of their special teams play is as bad as it can get.

Just how difficult is kick coverage? Sometimes you wonder if they are using corporate sponsors or cheerleaders on special teams. (Hey, they couldn’t do any worse, could they?)
          It certainly would be more fun for players if they got to tackle cheerleaders!

Comment

Working...
          X