• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Bledsoe to Moulds

Does he think Eric is fifteen freakin' feet tall?
    Every throw to Cambell was right at the numbers. WhyTF couldn't he do that for Moulds?
    For those who are jumping all over Moulds chit, take a closer look at what he has to deal with!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

*crickets chirping*
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mybills
      Does he think Eric is fifteen freakin' feet tall?
      Every throw to Cambell was right at the numbers. WhyTF couldn't he do that for Moulds?
      For those who are jumping all over Moulds chit, take a closer look at what he has to deal with!
      I'm not saying they were all perfect to him, but I saw one to him that was right in his mitts and he dropped it. As some and myself have said though. We like to say that Eric is a legitamite number one and a top receiver in this game and he just doesn't make the plays that the truely top receivers make. At least not lately.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

There's only one player on this team (Campbell) today, that I truly believe doesn't mind playing with Drew. The rest DO mind and it shows on their faces.

Comment

• BillyT92679
          • Jul 2002

There's only one player on this team (Campbell) today, that I truly believe doesn't mind playing with Drew. The rest DO mind and it shows on their faces.
          Although I am no Drew fan, he played well today. Moulds did not play well.
          Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Wow, Moulds was garbage today, and its Drew's fault?

C'mon, not everything is his fault.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Of course it is. It is always Drew's fault.

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

It was freakin Drews fault Moulds had that false start and late hit too
                Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Moulds had 3 or 4 penalties and his gimme drop again. I think he is still a very good receiver but i do not think he is a top 10 WR.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I counted only 2 penalties against him. One bad drop, the rest were twenty thousand feet over his head.

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                      Wow, Moulds was garbage today, and its Drew's fault?

C'mon, not everything is his fault.
                      The rules clearly state that all mistakes go back to the QB. He's the leader, everything begins and ends with the QB. If a receiver drops a ball that hits him in the hands, it HAD to be a crap throw. Sorry, but a rule is a rule!
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

If Moulds didn't disrupt the underthrown ball to him by Drew at the endzone, that would've been another INT. All Drew has to do is trust his players to make plays just like the one he threw to Evans. That was a very Flutielike throw that usually works. Instead of attemting to zip the ball right at the nos. where Drew usually get's picked off, he should make more of those throws,. He should lob the ball high instead of zipping the ball high where it almost always get's picked off.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DaBills
                          • Sep 2004

Exactly Just. Anyone can blame Moulds if they want when he drops it, but I think the dude is actually surprised the ball is a in a place he can catch it. Ususally, they're at his feet or behind him, or sailing overhead like the Goodyear blimp.

Drew has to put them where ONLY his guy can catch it. I'm not talking about throwing into two-man coverage with a thread the needle type pass, (I've seen Drew make maybe one of those this year,) but leading his guy to the outside where a CB can't touch it, such as a fade route.

For whatever reason, I think the Drew/Moulds combo is one of the bigger dissappointments in the league. We all had visions of Montana/Rice, Bradshaw/Swan, Culpepper/Rice when Drew signed, me too, and for that first year, they looked the part. Great! Moulds now has the big arm to make things happen for him!

But WTF happened? In a year and a half since, they're both on pace to be, well, average at best in some categories and lousy at worst in others. Maybe Moulds doesn't get along with dudes over 5' 9"? I Don't know. Remember when RJ and him were going to work offseason in CA? Yeah, THAT worked out fine. Now Bledwoe.

Three things I think have made Moulds far less effective/active in this O:

1) Larry Centers leaving and no one to fill that exact role. (That being STRICTLY a go-to guy for Bledsoe out of the BACKFIELD that defenses HAD to respect, freeing up Moulds for the deep ball.) Because of that, Drew now almost exclusively looks to the deep routes or passes in the 10-yard range (beyond the LOS), and D's know this, so they adjust accordingly.

2) Peerless going to Atlanta. I don't see Moulds 'gellin like a felon' with this corps of WRs. I heard the talk about Peerless and his asking price, but say what you will, Price had the ability to free up pressure off Moulds so that he could make the big play.

3) And because of that, Moulds now has taken what appears to be the lion's share of WR grunt work. Blocking, going over the middle, hand-off reverses - (1 every week β€” you can count on it,) quick slants. Andre Reed made a career out of that type of playing, Moulds doesn't seem to want to.

He's a big play guy and I think the ego ain't letting him think otherwise. But then again, so does Drew's.

;-P

Flame away sportsfans!
                          Last edited by DaBills; 11-22-2004, 09:06 AM.
                          β€œThe Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                            Exactly Just. Anyone can blame Moulds if they want when he drops it, but I think the dude is actually surprised the ball is a in a place he can catch it. Ususally, they're at his feet or behind him, or sailing overhead like the Goodyear blimp.

Drew has to put them where ONLY his guy can catch it. I'm not talking about throwing into two-man coverage with a thread the needle type pass, (I've seen Drew make maybe one of those this year,) but leading his guy to the outside where a CB can't touch it, such as a fade route.

For whatever reason, I think the Drew/Moulds combo is one of the bigger dissappointments in the league. We all had visions of Montana/Rice, Bradshaw/Swan, Culpepper/Rice when Drew signed, me too, and for that first year, they looked the part. Great! Moulds now has the big arm to make things happen for him!

But WTF happened? In a year and a half since, they're both on pace to be, well, average at best in some categories and lousy at worst in others. Maybe Moulds doesn't get along with dudes over 5' 9"? I Don't know. Remember when RJ and him were going to work offseason in CA? Yeah, THAT worked out fine. Now Bledwoe.

Three things I think have made Moulds far less effective/active in this O:

1) Larry Centers leaving and no one to fill that exact role. (That being STRICTLY a go-to guy for Bledsoe out of the BACKFIELD that defenses HAD to respect, freeing up Moulds for the deep ball.) Because of that, Drew now almost exclusively looks to the deep routes or passes in the 10-yard range (beyond the LOS), and D's know this, so they adjust accordingly.

2) Peerless going to Atlanta. I don't see Moulds 'gellin like a felon' with this corps of WRs. I heard the talk about Peerless and his asking price, but say what you will, Price had the ability to free up pressure off Moulds so that he could make the big play.

3) And because of that, Moulds now has taken what appears to be the lion's share of WR grunt work. Blocking, going over the middle, hand-off reverses - (1 every week β€” you can count on it,) quick slants. Andre Reed made a career out of that type of playing, Moulds doesn't seem to want to.

He's a big play guy and I think the ego ain't letting him think otherwise. But then again, so does Drew's.

;-P

Flame away sportsfans!
                            Moulds was very impressive gaining yards after the catch even when it it was Rob or Flutie throwing to him. They could usually hit Moulds on the stride. Other than the first half of the 1st season Drew was with us, everyone has a problem catching Drews short passes. Reed was sure handed up the middle , even he has had problems since then. Willis and henry are not exempt either from drops.

I'm not sure if it's Drew zipping the ball too hard to our players combined w/ ocassional zipped overthrows that leads to our recievers not being able to get insync or get the timing w/ Drews passes.

Moulds is an arm catcher. Campbell is a type of catcher that uses his body to catch the ball. This is how he benefited from the 3 td's. If he had to reach for those balls I doubt he could caught those td's w/ the velocity that Drew throws behing his passes.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

I counted only 2 penalties against him. One bad drop, the rest were twenty thousand feet over his head.
                              3 penalties- motion, personal foul, offensive pass interference. And tell me he didn't turn the wrong way on the fade play in the end zone. Has anyone ever heard of a fade pattern thrown to the INSIDE before? If Moulds turns outside it's an easy 6. I saw one bad overthrow to Moulds. Was there more than one? Moulds is playing as distracted as T Hen, God knows why. BTW, did anyone notice T Hen's one run? He looked to be running 3/4 speed and stumbling like he had his bowling shoes on again.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X