PDA

View Full Version : David Boston or Peerless Price ?

Alluro
11-17-2002, 09:54 AM
I noticed both players are free agents at the end of the year. IMO the bills would be better served to spend franchise receiver money on Boston as opposed to price. Boston is arguably the most talented receiver in the league.

clumping platelets
11-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Better to keep a player familar with the team......keep Price.

The_Philster
11-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Exactly....even though Boston may be a better overall player, there's no way of knowing if he'll be as productive in Gilbride's systems. We KNOW Peerless is.

JefftheBillsfan
11-17-2002, 10:16 AM
besides, I bet Boston will cost a lot more. And Price's speed is a great compliment to Mould's size. Boston and Moulds are too similar to compliment each other IMO.

Alluro
11-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Boston is bigger, faster, and stronger than peerless. He has proven he can be a marquee player in NFL without the benefit of playing with another all-pro. Is peerless really this good, or is moulds attracting a lot of attention away from him? It would be a bold move, but i believe that if we're going to pay franchise receiver money to a player, he better be a bona fide franchise guy. That player is David Boston

Dozerdog
11-17-2002, 10:20 AM
Boston might help the Bills keep price. Whomever signs Boston, that's one less team in need of a big $$ WR

DraftBoy
11-17-2002, 01:54 PM
I like Price better than Boston. Boston is goning to want to be the #1 guy we already have that in Moulds, it could create a problem in ball distribution.

SoCalBillsFan
11-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Boston is the better receiver.

that being said, keep price, he IS a better complement to moulds, and we know they can co-exist. Dont mess with good chemistry

Typ0
11-17-2002, 02:14 PM
I almost think we should let price go if need be and use the space to really prop up the D. Reed has been great every time he is being called on. It looks like he is really vieing for a number two spot. I like Price but if letting him go means we have room to get not just good DE, DT, LB but excellent DE, DT, LB then we need to consider taking a bit of a loss at the receiver position. If we can have our cake and eat it too of course that would be the best alternative.

lordofgun
11-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
Boston is bigger, faster, and stronger than peerless. He has proven he can be a marquee player in NFL without the benefit of playing with another all-pro. Is peerless really this good, or is moulds attracting a lot of attention away from him? It would be a bold move, but i believe that if we're going to pay franchise receiver money to a player, he better be a bona fide franchise guy. That player is David Boston

I agree completely...as long as Boston is healthy.

SoCalBillsFan
11-17-2002, 02:32 PM
I dont question that boston is a franchise guy. But do we need another franchise WR? Two on the same team? And thats a lot of money locked up in the WR spot.

I think peerless will be significantly less money, and will take a home team discount I hope. He LOVEs playing for drew, he can co-exist with Moulds, the offense as it is now is clicking well together, they enjoy playing together. I dont want to mess with that.

I'd rather keep peerless, who is very capable but not as good as boston, for a cheaper price and keep the chemistry, then spend more money on another wide receiver when it needs to be spent on defense. IMHO, of course...:D

clumping platelets
11-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Go for two when we score a TD

The_Philster
11-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Go for two when we score a TD

I think you're in the wrong thread. ;)

Bert102176
11-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Price knows the system, and is familiar with the other players you keep him over getting someone like Boston who doesn't know the familiararities of this team, plus Price will probably be cheaper than Boston, who knows if Boston will over come the injury he has
even.

Cntrygal
11-17-2002, 11:36 PM
I like Price... but he needs to keep his mouth shut! :madfire:

WG
11-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Price isn't even in Boston's league. WRs are a dime-a-dozen in FAcy.

It's the system that has allowed Price to succeed, not him that has made the system succeed. Offer him $2M/yr. He'll reject that. Let him go and grab another that will put up the same numbers. Besides, Josh Reed will be ready next year in case we need to borrow some time to bring a FA WR up to speed.

don137
11-18-2002, 08:39 AM
Boston is a great receiver. What scares me about him is that he suddenly bulked up tremendously last year. I obviously have no proof but to get that big in one offseason indicates he probably didn't do it naturally. It seems like players the "bulk" up so fast tend to get injury problems as they get older. I could do without that.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2002, 08:54 AM
Boston is good but injured this year. I wouldn't pay another receiver tons of money when our D is this bad.

Dozerdog
11-18-2002, 11:40 AM
Centers, JR, Bryson, Robinson, Jenkins are all going to be history next year. Reuben Brown's fat contract is not safe.

Plenty of money to resign Price at a more than fair contract , get Hollis taken care of, and get 3-4 defensive FA's.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Keep Price, no doubt. Boston is also injury prone. Price has developed a rapport with Bledsoe and Moulds so why mess around with what works?

Dozerdog
11-18-2002, 12:05 PM
I say we double whatever anyone else gives Boston.

The NFL has a rule that prohibits his dad from refereeing any games that his son is participating in. It would be worth every penny!

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I say we double whatever anyone else gives Boston.

The NFL has a rule that prohibits his dad from refereeing any games that his son is participating in. It would be worth every penny!

that would have kept that crew yesterday away from us. :lol: