PDA

View Full Version : OK Drew Bledsoe bashers

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh that's right you can't can you :sucker:'s :funny:

Mr. Cynical
11-21-2004, 06:42 PM
It's amazing how one game makes some people think he is still the answer. All I can say is keep clinging to that hope, but you only have a few games left. He's gone after the season. :up:

Iehoshua
11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
One thing? Throwing over Evans for the INT. Other than that he was good. I have no complaints. As Mr. C said though, he's still done.

Get your head out of his butt.

FTG
11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh Boy! Drew had a good game. We're going to the super Bowl :crazy:

don137
11-21-2004, 06:58 PM
If Drew could play like today in 8 out of the 10 games YTDthen there wouldn't be Drew bashing however he has 0 TD passes and 7 INT's his last two road games...Some people have a short memory...

TacklingDummy
11-21-2004, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Darth Buffalo]One thing? Throwing over Evans for the INT. Other than that he was good. QUOTE]

Didn't Evans tip the ball right to the CB? As much Evans fault as it was DB. Not making excuses for him cause DB still sucks. RJ Losman won't be any better tho.

FTG
11-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh that's right you can't can you :sucker:'s :funny:

We'll talk next week.

chernobylwraiths
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Drew Bledsoe is the greatest QB in the NFL and you guys just can't see it. :D

BAM
11-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Good game today by Drew. This is all he had to do all season to keep his job. (Notice I said "had". ;) )

mybills
11-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Didn't Evans tip the ball right to the CB? As much Evans fault as it was DB. Not making excuses for him cause DB still sucks.
If he didn't throw it it twenty thousand feet over his head, there wouldn't have been an int. That's on Drew, not Evans.

FTG
11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
RJ Losman won't be any better tho.
:rolleyes:

mybills
11-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Drew Bledsoe is the greatest QB in the NFL and you guys just can't see it. :D
My rose colored glasses are at the repair shop.

chernobylwraiths
11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
My rose colored glasses are at the repair shop.

Get em back quick. They would make Coy Wire and Mike Pucillo look good.

Drive 4 Five
11-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Oh Boy! Drew had a good game. We're going to the super Bowl :crazy:

:funny:

Actually, I am sorry to say that I did not watch this game. I swore that I would not watch another game with Bledsoe leading this team. I was surprised they won, but this is only delaying the inevitable. If we lose one more game, we will be out of playoff contention, and the Drew Bledsoe error will finally be over. I am not going to set myself up again...

mybills
11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
I stayed in my pj's till 12:45 and decided at the last second to go watch the game. By the time I got to the bar there was 8 mins left in the 1st. I really wasn't going to watch this game either..because of last week. :shakeno:

DaBills
11-21-2004, 08:51 PM
"Oh that's right you can't can you"

Actually, I can. Before you say I'm a hater, I give props to the team for the win. But I was wondering how long it would take for one of these threads to pop up.

Well, since you asked...

He is still doing the same things when we lose as when we win. Only difference is the teams that beat us know how to make Drew pay when he plays this way. We can't afford to wait until the second quarter to get going. Every stalled drive is a missed opportunity.

Before Drew is pronounced 'cured,' the Rams shot themselves in the foot today as much as our D stepped up. Because if that was Indy, no way we match them score for score. It would match one of their TDs' for every one of our FGs. Oh wait, that already happened last week vs. NE! My bad.

Drew threw basically the same pattern to Campbell 3 times. The Rams secondary had more holes in those situations than a screen door and couldn't defend it. Exception for us, not the norm.

I gave Drew credit for finding Mark during the game, since it looked like he had gotten into a groove. But why is that same groove missing with Moulds or the rest of the O?

But that ain't even 1/2 of it:

1) On MOST drives though, he resorted to his usual Drew self. DB played almost exactly the same way last week. A run to the right, maybe for 2 yards, 3 tops. Next play, Drew chucks it deep. Incomplete. Now we have a third and long. Boom, we run right again, or he tries another deep route. Punt. Over and over and over.

Doing that against better teams gets you beat. This will let any team back in a game.

2) He is unable at this point to consistantly do the little things needed to sustain drives, like throw a simple screen. Bolger did. Tom Brady does it. Pennington does. Should I go on?

He threw one that I could see where the WR's took off deep, drawing the secondary with them. The screen to the left was very successful in that case. Yet we don't see it the rest of the game, let alone during the season nearly enough.

3) He didn't take off and run when under pressure.

4) On the 3-and-out drives, he didn't look off receivers in favor of someone else. Too many times he had someone out in the left flat wide open as an outlet, yet he went deep almost exclusively. He's bought into the 'I have to go deep to bail us out' hype.

Somehow, he had good relationship with Larry Centers as his go to outlet out of the backfield. The result produced career numbers for Centers. Knowing he needs that go-to guy, why doesn't Joe Burns become that guy? Or Evans? or Henry?

5) His clock management skills suck. If he bought a lottery ticket, I bet he'd win but claim the ticket on the day after the 1-year deadline expired. He's a drive killer. How many times inside the red zone when we have defenses on their heels, does he call a TO because he can't get a play off? "Hey, wait, that's because the play comes in from the sideline."

Which leads to:

6) Drew was supposed to have more freedom to audible and call his own plays this year. He isn't showing any of that in those situations. The no-huddle is practically non-existant. It's obviously they have to hold his hand a LOT. What, another formation he doesn't recognize? Hasn't he seen it all by now in his stellar career? (Hey, Drew they're going to line up and blitz. No secret there.)

Which leads to:

7) Lack of leadership and confidence. How can players be confident in this guy if he kills drives, takes sacks and throws INT's? I'll bet that Moulds hopes someone else starts. I bet the rest of the line does too. I imagine thee's a whole bunch of dudes that are saying to themselves we have to make it happen for ourselves because Drew ain't getting it done.

WM or TH don't care either. All they need is someone who won't trip handing off the ball to him, which...

8) ...he does a lot. I know a big QB is a good thing, but does he have to have Frankenstein's feet to go along with his height?

8a) He throws more tipped balls than Doug Flutie. Watch him. His arm motion comes over the top and throws downward. WTF is that?

9) He has as much grace and subtlety with a close touch pass as Howie Long does in a dramatic role.

(this is fun btw, thanks for the thread starter!)

10) He can't take the team on his back and take over a game in a positive manner when they are struggling — they carry HIM. Too many elements on the team need to be perfect or almost perfect for him to have success. Special teams has to score.

11) Special teams has given this guy unprecedented starting field position to work with in many games this year:

Inside opponents' 20 several times (FG), inside their 30 (FG) Oh, wait, delay of game Drew, push us back out of even FG range. Inside the 10, (FG), and so on. If the NFL had a stat for assists on FG's, he'd be right behind the holder.

Drew can even line up on the 1 and fail to get in consistantly. What, he can't sneak it in, or run a bootleg? We kicked ass on D but could only capitalize with FGs???????? 3 of those FG's should have been TD's today, THAT's how you put teams away. But what if the D or ST doesn't step up today? That's 21-17, not to mention his INT that gives the Rams a real chance to win.

Have Drew fix all those things mentioned above. He does that, we might actually blow teams away on a regular basis like the good ole days and I'll glady STFU about him.

:shocked:

BAM
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
:shocker:

ryjam282
11-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Yano, it's amazing when Drew was considered a "great" QB, was when he used his tight end extensively (Ben Coates). Think of all the games this season where Campbell has had the ball thrown his way. Drew has looked halfway decent right? Obviously teams know that all they have to do is load the box to try and stop McGahee and double cover Moulds and take their chances with Evans and that is it....They obviously forget about Campbell. He is a very good receiver.

Bledsoe should look at some of his old tapes,he was a very competent QB early in his career when he used the TE and he has looked good this year when using him...HMMMM, maybe I'm onto something. I just hope Bledsoe can figure this out...It is really common sense.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
3) He didn't take off and run when under pressure.

That's a shocker!! :shocked: :roflmao:

Tatonka
11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
If he didn't throw it it twenty thousand feet over his head, there wouldn't have been an int. That's on Drew, not Evans.

pretty bad when a woman has to point these things out.. :jk:

:up:

Mr. Cynical
11-22-2004, 01:34 AM
The Rams defense is ranked 29th in the league. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with his performance today.

Tatonka
11-22-2004, 08:48 AM
29th ranked defense BEFORE they lost their starting cornerbacks and had to use their 4th stringer.

alohabillsfan
11-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Quick re-sign Drew to a long term deal so he cannot leave us!!!

Wait! Maybe we could get some team to give us a first round draft pick for him????

THATHURMANATOR
11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=Darth Buffalo]One thing? Throwing over Evans for the INT. Other than that he was good. QUOTE]

Didn't Evans tip the ball right to the CB? As much Evans fault as it was DB. Not making excuses for him cause DB still sucks. RJ Losman won't be any better tho.

you know what I agree with you. I think we should cut Losman and Bledsoe and draft another qb next year.

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 12:46 PM
you know what I agree with you. I think we should cut Losman and Bledsoe and draft another qb next year.

:crazy:
:dance:

:darth:

DaBills
11-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Maybe we can sign Drew to a long-term 'mentoring' deal? He can stay with the team as long as he promises to stay off the field and hold a clipboard.

Who's in? C'mon!

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Let's bring Flutie back to do all the QB run plays to teach JP, then Drew can teach JP arm strength, then Kelly can return to help JP with composure, then we can bring back Ferguson to teach JP helmet colors. Anyone I'm missing?

Kramer
11-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Ever notice that when Drew plays bad certain people shut up but when he has a decent game they are screaming DREW IS BACK!!

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Ever notice that when Drew plays bad certain people shut up but when he has a decent game they are screaming DREW IS BACK!!

All the time...
:rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
11-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Drew played well yesterday and he will be gone at the end of the year. Why can't we just leave it at that?

TedMock
11-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Wow, this thread is really something else. We all watched the same game, yet we go from "Drew made no mistakes" to "Drew didn't really play that well." Both these viewpoints are extremely incorrect, imo. Did he make mistakes? How about the interception? The ball was thrown way too high, and Evan barely got a hand on it. What about two bad balls thrown to Moulds? On the other hand; he didn't really play that well? 63% completions and 3 TD's is playing pretty well. I don't give a rats a** about yards either. Yes, it's one game. Yes, he's played poorly most of the year. Yes, I question if he'll have another good game. However, no matter how much you pick it apart, one thing remains true. The guy played a very good game, overall, YESTERDAY. Not all year. Yesterday. Perfect? NO! That's just as ridiculous as saying that he he played "average." Peyton Manning threw for 211 and 4 TD's, maybe that's just a smidge above average? This is like Ted Kennedy versus Pat Buchanon for god's sake.

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Wow, this thread is really something else. We all watched the same game, yet we go from "Drew made no mistakes" to "Drew didn't really play that well." Both these viewpoints are extremely incorrect, imo. Did he make mistakes? How about the interception? The ball was thrown way too high, and Evan barely got a hand on it. What about two bad balls thrown to Moulds? On the other hand; he didn't really play that well? 63% completions and 3 TD's is playing pretty well. I don't give a rats a** about yards either. Yes, it's one game. Yes, he's played poorly most of the year. Yes, I question if he'll have another good game. However, no matter how much you pick it apart, one thing remains true. The guy played a very good game, overall, YESTERDAY. Not all year. Yesterday. Perfect? NO! That's just as ridiculous as saying that he he played "average." Peyton Manning threw for 211 and 4 TD's, maybe that's just a smidge above average? This is like Ted Kennedy versus Pat Buchanon for god's sake.

Give me Patty B. any day of the week! :up:

I agree with everything you say. My only point is this game changes NOTHING. It isn't like "uh-oh, he's back!" like some are saying or "see, he can still perform!" my contention remains that he is done. He is SERVICABLE at home, and yesterday he proved that correct, but totally inept on the road, which he will prove again I am sure.

DaBills
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM
I hear ya' Ted, but from the cheap seats here, Drew played pretty much the same way he has all along. It's a very good effort in so much as we compare it to his recent outings. But very good when compared to other QBs? I can't say that.

IMO, he was able to fall into a groove with Campbell and connect, that's the difference yesterday. Otherwise, 3 TDs/1 INT and around 180 yards IS average. Same as 'good' to me. (Great to me is over 300 and no turnovers.) And, I'd say, since Moulds and Drew seemed to be the prom King and Queen Least Likely to Succeed, maybe Campbell should become a larger part of the the offense? Drew did very well when Larry Centers was back there two seasons ago. (Doubt though that our swift staff will notice it and capitalize on it.)

I could live with yesterday's performance IF I knew that's what I'd get each week, AND the D could hold teams to under 3 TDs. Watching him at other times during the game though, he's still doing many of the things teams we lost to have capitalized on. We should have OWNED the 4th quarter and not even given the Rams a chance to get back on the field.

Regardless of yesterday, I have zero confidence watching him that one of our games is ever put away until the clock reads 00:00 in the 4th and we have more points than the other guys.

mybills
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
"Oh that's right you can't can you"

I'll bet that Moulds hopes someone else starts. I bet the rest of the line does too. I imagine there's a whole bunch of dudes that are saying to themselves we have to make it happen for ourselves because Drew ain't getting it done.

:up: My thoughts exactly!

justasportsfan
11-22-2004, 03:04 PM
The out of bounds hit by Moulds tells me he's getting frustrated.

EDS
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM

Ever notice how there is much more activity on this board after a loss - particularly one in which Bledsoe plays poorly - then when the team plays a solid game and beats a team which is in the playoff hunt.

For the record I do not think Drew has played well since game two last year. I want Losman to get a few starts this year and be the clear starter heading in to next season.

Bledsoe did what he needed to help the Bills to a victory. The defense, special teams and McGahee did the rest. Is Bledsoe back - absolutely not, but there appears to be more people screaming about how much he sucks after playing a solid game then people saying he is back. You could do a statistical analysis if you want to prove me wrong.

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Ever notice how there is much more activity on this board after a loss - particularly one in which Bledsoe plays poorly - then when the team plays a solid game and beats a team which is in the playoff hunt.

For the record I do not think Drew has played well since game two last year. I want Losman to get a few starts this year and be the clear starter heading in to next season.

Bledsoe did what he needed to help the Bills to a victory. The defense, special teams and McGahee did the rest. Is Bledsoe back - absolutely not, but there appears to be more people screaming about how much he sucks after playing a solid game then people saying he is back. You could do a statistical analysis if you want to prove me wrong.

You DREW LOVER!
:jk:

EDS
11-22-2004, 03:53 PM
You DREW LOVER!
:jk:

If Drew played better he is the type of person I would support. I still support him since he is the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills - but I will be more excited to see Losman get some time. I just choose not be negative all the time. Life is hard enough.

Tatonka
11-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Drew played well yesterday and he will be gone at the end of the year. Why can't we just leave it at that?

for the same reason that some cant help but already judge our future qb, losman, and piss and moan about us making a bad choice already after 6 minutes of playing time against the world champs, who had already owned the rest of our team for 54 minutes.

Iehoshua
11-22-2004, 03:59 PM
If Drew played better he is the type of person I would support. I still support him since he is the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills - but I will be more excited to see Losman get some time. I just choose not be negative all the time. Life is hard enough.

Indeed, everyone who has ever been negative should be boiled in molten hot alfredo sauce!