PDA

View Full Version : Rams crying about cheapshots...

Michael82
11-21-2004, 09:30 PM
The St. Louis Rams' defensive backfield was depleted by injuries in a loss to Buffalo, with the most serious to backup cornerback DeJuan Groce, who hurt his left knee.

Coach Mike Martz said Groce could miss the next game, at Green Bay on Nov. 29.

He accused the Bills of taking cheap shots at his players during Buffalo's 37-17 victory.

Also hurt were starting cornerback Travis Fisher (left knee) and backup cornerback Kevin Garrett (concussion).

"The way two of them were lost was a little upsetting," Martz said, accusing Bills players of cutting Groce and Fisher at the knees. "Yes, absolutely, they were doing it intentionally. And they were trying to blow someone's knee out. There's no question about it."

Groce was hurt in the first quarter while blocking after Fisher made an interception. After remaining on the field for a few minutes, Groce limped off slowly with the help of a Rams trainer.

Fisher was hurt on the following series when he got caught up attempting to tackle Bills receiver Eric Moulds on a 12-yard reverse. Garrett was hurt in the third quarter and did not return.

Martz was so unhappy with the Bills that, following his postgame press conference, he made sure to point it out while shaking the hand of Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

"Two corners to the knees from behind," Martz was overheard telling Gray. "You'll see it on the tape."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/STL/7913664

BAM
11-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Let's see the tape. :up:

mush69
11-21-2004, 09:54 PM
:pir: Sing me another sad song! Welcome to the NFL! :cheers:

Denver has been doing it for years, but I guess St. Louis have never played them. By the way Mr. Marks way to prepare your special teams!

Hemlepp53
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Let's see the tape. :up:

:clap: Agreed... What a bunch of :horsecrap

:bf1: I agree Lets See The Tape... :nervous:

:violin: Yall Here That Sad Song!!!

ajsdx
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Dude...they might not be unjustified (they did lose three CB's). If the Bills players are doing that kinda thing on purpose, I'd be ashamed. That's cheating, plain and simple. I've always despised the cheap-shot artists (like the entire Denver organization) for that reason. Low blows are the sign of someone who isn't good enough to play fair. Stop the violins and roll the tape (like you all suggested).

ajsdx
11-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Dude...they might not be unjustified (they did lose three CB's). If the Bills players are doing that kinda thing on purpose, I'd be ashamed. That's cheating, plain and simple. I've always despised the cheap-shot artists (like the entire Denver organization) for that reason. Low blows are the sign of someone who isn't good enough to play fair. Stop the violins and roll the tape (like you all suggested).

I, however, really have no idea what I'm talking about because I live in NC and the game wasn't televised here. But I'm just saying, if it is true, then that sucks.

Tatonka
11-21-2004, 11:10 PM
they replayed a dirty shot that clements took at torry holts knees.. a cb doing a cut block?? it was bad.. real bad.. and martz didnt even mention that one..

but the announcers sure did..

sure you do what you need to to win.. but i thought it was dirty as hell.. if you have to play dirty and blatently cheat to win.. your gutless.. which is what nate clements did today.. dont know about the other players that got hurt though.

unpaid_bills
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
There were a couple low hits, but I dont think they were out of the ordinary "cheap shots" When they slow it down it may look like it, but they are going 100 MPH at odd angles. That is part of the game.

This was a different Bills team. They had a couple 15yd penalties but they set the tone for the game and were very physical.

Kramer
11-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I agree. I don't want my beloved Bills to have a repututation as cheap-shot artists.

Ebenezer
11-22-2004, 06:43 AM
they replayed a dirty shot that clements took at torry holts knees.. a cb doing a cut block?? it was bad.. real bad.. and martz didnt even mention that one..

but the announcers sure did..

sure you do what you need to to win.. but i thought it was dirty as hell.. if you have to play dirty and blatently cheat to win.. your gutless.. which is what nate clements did today.. dont know about the other players that got hurt though.
that was a "block" by a def player on an interception, no? Martz was complaining about the off players. def barely know how to block.

Earthquake Enyart
11-22-2004, 07:16 AM
I'll say it. The Clemmens "chop block" on Holt was a cheap shot. I didn't see the other 2.

Marino13Phins
11-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Dirtiest team in the nfl :mad:

chernobylwraiths
11-22-2004, 07:28 AM
I'll say it. The Clemmens "chop block" on Holt was a cheap shot. I didn't see the other 2.

:link:

pats-were-right
11-22-2004, 07:43 AM
Welcome to our world. Won't you come on in.

You shoulda heard the whining after SB 36.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-22-2004, 07:44 AM
I love all of the Bills fans saying that it was BS. If it were Mularky saying how the Rams took cheap shots, everyone would be saying how dirty the Rams are.

DraftBoy
11-22-2004, 08:24 AM
If we took cheap shots the players who commited them should be fined if not suspended, I as a fan will not stand for this crap, and neither should the organization.

justasportsfan
11-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Just like bills were whining about how Wilfork was playing dirty, now I don't see what the problem is if Martz complains too.

Both the Rams and bills should shut up.

Gunzlingr
11-22-2004, 08:38 AM
Martz complains because the loss was everybody's fault but his.

Ebenezer
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Martz complains because the loss was everybody's fault but his.
AMEN!

justasportsfan
11-22-2004, 09:49 AM
unhappy as Rams coach Mike Martz was with his team's performance, he was livid about what he called cheap shots by the Bills. The Rams lost three cornerbacks to injuries: starter Travis Fisher and backup DeJuan Groce to knee injuries in the first half, and backup Kevin Garrett to a concussion in the third quarter.

Rams receiver Torry Holt also accused Clements of trying to hurt him by going after his knees during a tackle in the third quarter.

"Absolutely, they were doing it intentionally," Martz said. "They are trying to blow somebody's knee out. There's no question about it. It worked."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20041121_STL@BUF

don137
11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
If the Bills are trying to take out someone's knees that is unacceptable and inexcusable. However, Martz is someone I have zero respect for as an NFL coach. He took over a dynasty and withered it to a slow death. Now that Wanny is out of the league I don't see any competition for worst coach in the league category...

Michael82
11-22-2004, 11:33 AM
If the Bills are trying to take out someone's knees that is unacceptable and inexcusable. However, Martz is someone I have zero respect for as an NFL coach. He took over a dynasty and withered it to a slow death. Now that Wanny is out of the league I don't see any competition for worst coach in the league category...
Haslett? :idunno:

DraftBoy
11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Haslett? :idunno:

Team quit on him and the owner is absolutely horrible....Martz singlehandidly is killing St. Louis.