PDA

View Full Version : NFL Replay

The King
11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
I noticed quite a few things I missed yesterday when I watched the NFL Replay this morning.
The pass to Evan was completely missed played.. Evans jumped at it when all he had to do was keep running. At first it looked like it was just over thrown but I suggest you all check it out on the replay you'll see that Evans just makes a bad read on the pass.

Milloy Milloy Milloy! He is the best thing we have on defense it just seems like anytime McGee or Thomas or Greer made a mistake Milloy was there to save their asses... he had a fantastic game.

I really liked the play calling for the game also I think this was the best coached game of Mularkeys season. Also a lot of credit has to go to the coaches for heping the team recover after last weeks beating. The Flea Flicker was one of the ugliest I have ever seen but that bomb was one of the best Drew has thrown since we had Peerless.

If this special teams unit continues to get us points I really think we will be in a position to dominate every single game.

Its just a great week for all of us... It puts confidence back into us the team and there still may be light at the end of the tunnel.... its flickering but its there. If we play football like we did yesterday we can beat anyone. All in all it was a great sunday!!

Michael82
11-22-2004, 11:49 AM
I noticed quite a few things I missed yesterday when I watched the NFL Replay this morning.
The pass to Evan was completely missed played.. Evans jumped at it when all he had to do was keep running. At first it looked like it was just over thrown but I suggest you all check it out on the replay you'll see that Evans just makes a bad read on the pass.

Milloy Milloy Milloy! He is the best thing we have on defense it just seems like anytime McGee or Thomas or Greer made a mistake Milloy was there to save their asses... he had a fantastic game.

I really liked the play calling for the game also I think this was the best coached game of Mularkeys season. Also a lot of credit has to go to the coaches for heping the team recover after last weeks beating. The Flea Flicker was one of the ugliest I have ever seen but that bomb was one of the best Drew has thrown since we had Peerless.

If this special teams unit continues to get us points I really think we will be in a position to dominate every single game.

Its just a great week for all of us... It puts confidence back into us the team and there still may be light at the end of the tunnel.... its flickering but its there. If we play football like we did yesterday we can beat anyone. All in all it was a great sunday!!
Good post! :bf1:

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Great points, the only problem I see is them being on the road the next 4 of 5.

DraftBoy
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM

I agree with most points but the playcalling still troubles me to a certain degree, it was 4th quarter and we were in our own end after the Sam Adams pick and we threw the ball in a sure fire 3 down run the ball grind the clock type time. Our DB's are still backed off, and at times our OL looks good and then at others looks horrendous like it doesnt know the plays.

finsrclowns
11-22-2004, 01:19 PM
This team has enough talent, particularly on D, to give you a feeling of confidence against anyone at home. I'm waiting to see this translate to the road. It starts with the line of scrimmage. We have yet to play a game this year on the road where we looked really good on the OL or DL away, especially the OL. On the other hand we've won the battle at the LOS for every home game except Jacksonville and NE (I'd give us draws in those games- and those were both winnable games)- and we won the others.

I know the QB is an important piece of the equation, but people need to fixate less on the QB. In the NE game Drew was terrible, but we also could not run, the receivers did not get open, and we got no pressure at all on Brady. This week the OL protected very well, made holes for McGahee and the D had 6 sacks and 3 int's. Total team effort, but mad props to the big uglies. That's the kind of effort it takes to win on the road. Are we up for it? I think so but we will see. :question:

ScottLawrence
11-22-2004, 01:35 PM
This team has enough talent, particularly on D, to give you a feeling of confidence against anyone at home. I'm waiting to see this translate to the road. It starts with the line of scrimmage. We have yet to play a game this year on the road where we looked really good on the OL or DL away, especially the OL. On the other hand we've won the battle at the LOS for every home game except Jacksonville and NE (I'd give us draws in those games- and those were both winnable games)- and we won the others.

I know the QB is an important piece of the equation, but people need to fixate less on the QB. In the NE game Drew was terrible, but we also could not run, the receivers did not get open, and we got no pressure at all on Brady. This week the OL protected very well, made holes for McGahee and the D had 6 sacks and 3 int's. Total team effort, but mad props to the big uglies. That's the kind of effort it takes to win on the road. Are we up for it? I think so but we will see. :question:

I thought the O-Line looks great against the Patriots.

WE couldn't run because we gave up on it to early. McGahee only had 14 carries for about 40 yards which isn't that bad.

BuffRanger
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Just a quick Question. What replay are you talking about?

finsrclowns
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
I thought the O-Line looks great against the Patriots.

WE couldn't run because we gave up on it to early. McGahee only had 14 carries for about 40 yards which isn't that bad.

No, great was what you saw on the other side of the ball with Dillon having huge lanes to run through and Brady in a rocking chair. We are not a team that can play from much of a deficit because we have trouble protecting when the opponent knows we have to throw. It also makes our 3rd and long conversion rate horrible. On the other side of the ball our D has big problems with 3rd and long because we can't get pressure unless we blitz.

The only throw all night that Bledsoe held the ball for close to 4 seconds was the deep ball to Evans that was intercepted by Wilson. The Patriots made a decision not to blitz much, jump the short routes and double the deep ball. We tried to do what we had been doing, which was throw short and quick, or max protect and throw long. NE was prepared for that. So to say the line played well is hard to gauge in one sense. If we had gone for the intermediate routes, which should have been open, and Bledsoe still had time to throw, then that would have been an indicator the line had played well. As it was, the quick throws require very little pass protection and we only went deep once. Maybe the running game would have come around but it wasn't there early when we needed it other than one 11 yard run on the first drive.

Remember we went to the short/quick or long/max protect style of play after we played NE the first time and allowed 7 sacks, which followed 7 sacks allowed in the Oakland game. There's no debating Bledsoe had a bad game against NE but they were completely ready for what we wanted to do and they have the players to execute the strategy. On the other hand, our line simply isn't good enough to give Drew or Losman or whoever 4 solid seconds consistently against a good pass rush. Until this line can do that or we get a line that can we will look bad against better teams.