PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's Coach of the Week - Bobby April

G. Host
11-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Buffalo special-teams coach Bobby April. One of the best special-teams coaches in the NFL for a long time, April didn't have his contract renewed by the Rams in the offseason and went looking for work. "You always have a little incentive against a team you worked for," he said after Buffalo's 37-17 win over the Rams, a victory in which his special teams unit had an 87-yard punt return for touchdown, a fumble-recovery on a St. Louis kick return, and a 53-yard punt return.
more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/11/22/mmqb.manning/index.html)

Oh and Bledsoe got AFC Offensive player of the week although from his comments I am not sure why he thinks he deserves it:
Offensive Player of the Week

Drew Bledsoe rebounded from a three-intereception performance in Week 10 to lead the Bills to victory on Sunday.

All of us in this business, on paper or in our heads, wrote Bledsoe's career obit last week, when he looked pathetic in a loss to the Patriots. What a difference a week makes. Against St. Louis, he looked totally in command, throwing three touchdown passes -- all to tight end Mark Campbell -- and engineering the Bills to a 37-17 win. Bledsoe was 15 of 24 for 185 yards, three touchdowns and an interception.

But later:
15. St. Louis (5-5). I suppose a loss at Buffalo in November is forgivable, but a defense that makes the 2004 Drew Bledsoe look like the 1997 Drew Bledsoe is not going to be playing for very long in January.

Bledsoe played well but not deserving of player of the week IMO but I did not see other games. I was rooting for Campbell.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Coach Of The Year - Marty Schottenhiemer

chernobylwraiths
11-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Coach Of The Year - Marty Schottenhiemer

I've always hoped that he could become our coach.

justasportsfan
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
He's not a "Yes Sir" type of coach. TD wouldn't want that.

EDS
11-22-2004, 03:11 PM

It is interesting that Schottenheimer is even mentioned as a potential coach of the year since he was close to losing his job last year. Amazing what a rejuvenated 4th year QB who was ready to be discarded can do for a coach.

EDS
11-22-2004, 03:12 PM
I think Cowher is going to be the frontrunner for coach of the year.