PDA

View Full Version : Team Identity

WG
07-31-2002, 07:56 AM
What will the identity of our team be this season?

Patrick76777
07-31-2002, 08:06 AM
I say we call it BOB

bduff54
07-31-2002, 08:06 AM
i say we have an above average offensive, but our D stil lscares me. No matter what any of yo usay i know our D-line is very weak. and we have 2 of the best backs in the league running against us this year. Martin/williams

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2002, 08:40 AM
This poll is too hard. I used to have a social studies teacher that said when in doubt, take the longest answer.

WG
07-31-2002, 08:41 AM
LOL 76777. Nicknamed squarepants of course!

Duff, don't forget the likes of Tomlinson, Thomas, Green, Dillon, Denver's RB, and even Antowain who put up a combined 195 against us in two games last year.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Antowain came to camp a fat pansie.

SABURZFAN
07-31-2002, 08:57 AM
our offense is well-balanced.we should move the ball more than last year.that'll be less time on the field for defense.those 3 and outs really killed us.

bduff54
07-31-2002, 08:58 AM
no he didnt' earthquake. he has done this like 3 times before. he is still ripped! Yea hWys if we cant' control those backs we will be lucky to go 6-10

WG
07-31-2002, 09:10 AM
I think Henry's gonna have a breakout year and join the ranks of the top 10 RBs. That will bode well for Drew who should then put up solid numbers, hopefully w/ some consistency and against the better teams as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're gonna be able to stop the run, but as camp progresses, I'm remaining optimistic based on some of the reports like Flowers being #2 now. I'm also optimistic that some of our youth will develop this year in spades.

We'll see though. It's just camp and the competition is real yet. The Jets will be a good team to open against in a way. They don't have the toughest D and if Cowart is out or less than 100%, that'll be huge for us. I expect our O to find it's identity right from the get-go.

Martin will have his day, but as long as we can counter, and contain their passing attack, we have a great chance of winning that game. Our pass D should be rock-solid!

justasportsfan
07-31-2002, 09:54 AM
We will be the toughest team to throw against, however, our run stuffing D may not be that great but we won't be as bad as last year. I am however looking forward to a punishing, hard hitting D reminicent(sp) of the D we had when we knocked the helmet out of Brady. We may have lost that game but we sure banged the hell out of the Pats that day. I hope that will be consistent throughout the year. I have full trust in GW when it comes to the D.

Our O will be well balanced and above average.

bduff54
07-31-2002, 09:55 AM
i think the dolphins are better on Defense by a mile. we can match up with corners and thats it!

Kicker22705
07-31-2002, 11:05 AM
i think the bills will pass early and often to quickly take the lead. then try to control the game with a strong running attack with henry with occacasional playaction. this should allow our defense to stay off the field and attack with intensity teeing off on the QB whenever they are on the field since the opponent will be passing to catchup. this will create lots of turnovers leading to more tds. eventually bledsoe will throw 55 tds, henry will rush for 2,100 yards, and the bills will beat the rams in the superbowl 49-52. wouldnt' that be nice :)

WG
07-31-2002, 11:43 AM
I actually had DB tossing only 53 w/ Henry coming in at around only 2,075, w/ a 6-3 victory over the Rams in the SB...

:D

Kicker22705
07-31-2002, 12:28 PM
i guess great minds do think alike wys!

northernbillfan
07-31-2002, 12:47 PM
The team/fan slogan should be...

"We Believe"

The Shadow
07-31-2002, 02:30 PM
Balanced team. The Defense is going to be better then expected.

WCoastFin
07-31-2002, 04:47 PM
None of the above!!!! Damn I couldnt vote!

northernbillfan
07-31-2002, 06:20 PM
WCoast, you don't think we'd have a poll where you'd be allowed to vote now do you?

alloutblitz
07-31-2002, 09:11 PM
:punchu: The identity will be. The bills will physically punish their opponent. They will be the most physical team in the AFC!

John Doe
07-31-2002, 09:41 PM
The personality of the team will be based on our strength: the O-line. We will have one of the biggest, strongest and most athletic fronts in the league and the focal point will be Big Mike's bone crushing blocks.

lordofgun
07-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Let it be so!!!

John from Hemet
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
I envision this team to be a mirror of the good Jacksonville Jaguar teams....

I mean...look at it....

Quality QB with a cannon attached to the side of his body (minus the scrambling ability)

- An offensive line that looks like it is starting to get very talented.....

- Quality pass catching TE, quality wideouts who can spread the field

- A running back with great field vision

I see this team having a dynamic offense...which will mask some of the problems that the defensive side of the ball is having....it is easy to play defense when you keep scoring touchdowns on offense.....because they have to leave their running game behind and start passing to catch up....

PS...how many top ten running backs do we face this season? How do you negate them? Make the opposing team have to quit running the ball because we are running up the score....

WG
08-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Exactly JfH. But the $1M question is what happens if they do it first? Then we're on the ropes, and w/ our rush D, teams that can run will likely pound our DL into submission for 4 Qs.

That's my fear...

A1
08-01-2002, 07:44 PM
we're going to get crushed against the run again which will again cause our DB to look like doo doo. Too many outstanding running teams on our schedule and we didn't help out the DL enough. I expect we will light up the endzone pretty steadily from the air to hopefully make up for the defficiencies.

TigerJ
08-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Best case, we are the last choice, worst case we are the third choice. Number three, unfortunately, looks a little more likely unless Levra does one of his best line coaching jobs ever in his swan song season.