PDA

View Full Version : Balls/Goats

casdhf
11-17-2002, 03:05 PM
what ya think?

casdhf
11-17-2002, 03:06 PM
I give my ball to Travis Henry.

Goats: Officials, Peerless "I talk to much" Price, and Nate Clements.

Bert102176
11-17-2002, 03:15 PM
my ball goes to Henry
Goats are
refs
Drew

Novacane
11-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Balls.........Henry

Goats.........

Gilbride......first and goal on the 5 and no running plays! Stupid. Wys was right!

Drew.........the int would have been a TD on a well thrown ball

GW................someone has to take the blame for all these stupid penalties

casdhf
11-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

GW................someone has to take the blame for all these stupid penalties

How about the players that made the mistake?

TacklingDummy
11-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Balls:

1. Offensive play calling until we got in the redzone.

2. Offense: They kept our defense off the field as much as they could. But not enough.

Goats.

1) Head Coaching: Penalties are direct result of poor head coaching.

2) Defense: The only reason they looked decent was because they were on the sidelines most of the game. No pass rush, no Presure on the QB, cant stop the run when it mattered.

3) Head Coaching: With 4 minutes left in the game we were down by 1. I kept on saying to myself they have to let KC score. Don't let them run the clock out. Give them a TD and hopefully we could score a TD and go for 2. If we would have let them score we would have had 3 something minutes left to work with.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Drew missed 2 passes that any second stringer could of thrown for touchdowns in that game. Couple that with a red zone offence that will sicken ya. It all adds up to another apology thread to Wys for seeing this team for what it really is.
PS. What a pathetic D line, Green had so much time in the pocket, it was rediculous.

Captain gameboy
11-17-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't think all penalties are the result of head coaching. I think some are the result of being stupid.
Hence:
Balls.
1. The offensive line.
2. T Henry. A lot of yards after initial hit.

Goats.
1. The officials. A home job if I've ever seen one. The call on Watson in the fourth quarter pretty much tells me the NFL wants it to be impossible to play pass D on an underthrown ball. It was a cheap BS call, and it had nothing to do with head coaching.
2. Price. This guy is close to an unsportsmanlike conduct call every week. I've always doubted whether he has enough maturity or intelligence to be a big time receiver. I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I think he will always need a number one guy to play off, and a QB with a great arm. I'm very displeased with him.

BillyT92679
11-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Peerless' passion is worth the risk; if anything it shows he is more determined than last year when he did quit on the play against the Steelers.

Travis rules and we don't use him. Gregg Williams really has to go now. He is the Paul Pasqualoni of the NFL.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
what ya think?

i think these goats have no balls.

venis2k1
11-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Ball: Henry, Bledsoe, Reed, Hollis, Wire, O-Line

goat: Big Pat Williams for quitting on that play when Green rushed for the first down near the end of the game. Big pat got knocked down and didn't even try to get back up, as a result Green ran right by him and got the critical first.

Hollis because he kicked ANOTHER out of bounds on kickoff

shelby
11-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Balls go to Henry, Wire, and Winfield {great return despite the bad penalty}.

:chair:s go to GW, Gilbride, and Gray.....Price, for acting like a dumb :angry:....and, of course, the officials, for piss poor play calling.

Typ0
11-17-2002, 08:36 PM
ROFLMAO

WG
11-17-2002, 10:51 PM
venis,

How on earth does Bledsoe get a ball???

As far as I'm concerned, he's got some digging out to do. If this is all he's gonna do against the good teams on our schedule, then we'll have gotten screwed in this trade. He's had 4 TDs in our last 4 games that the offense has averaged less than 16 points a game. The honeymoon is over. I want to start seeing some 2 & 3 TD games outta him. All this crap over yardage, who cares if he has 1,000 yards a game if he can't move the ball in the red zone and score more than a TD a game!

As to lunatic, thanks for having the gumption to be honest!!! I wish you had some more company after the shredder that I've been exposed to.

Lastly, my ranking per the topic of this thread:

GOAT BALLS!!!

OpIv37
11-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Game Balls
1. Special teams- decent production, no big mistakes, and the bravest Bills play all year with that onside kick.
2. Henry and the offense for the first 3 quarters
3. Defense for the first 3 quarters- they shut down Holmes for most of the game

Goats-
1. Offense in the 4th quarter
2. Price for that ridiculous personal foul- he had a right to be mad because of the BS holding call, but he has to control himself.
3. Refs- I won't give the Bills an excuse because they made a lot of mistakes, but nothing can overcome bad officials.

WG
11-18-2002, 09:11 AM
The officials get "goats" in 5 out of 14 games every week. That's nothing new. Every team is affected by them at some point or another. They need to be replaced, at least 1/3 or more of them do.

Until then, it's a known fact that we have to play such that one or two bad calls don't change the game all that much. The way to do that is to bury the other team. But you just don't do that on 16 points, or 7 points, or 24 points against a team like Detroit.

This team has to learn how to score points and lots of them in short order. All we hear about is passing yards by Bledsoe. Then I get ridculed for implying that perhaps it isn't yards that win games, but points on the boards. Last week I was lambasted by a poster that I won't mention when I stated that 7 points sucked. The counter to the argument was that Drew put up 302 yards!

Well wow-wee, rip me liver and split me tongue! As soon as they begin to award "Ws" at the end of games by adding up yardage totals, at last glance, it was points on the board and peformance in the red zone that wins games.

Could be me though! Maybe I'm "just not getting it!"

;)

Bert102176
11-19-2002, 04:48 PM
no way should Bledsoe get a ball