PDA

View Full Version : Rian Lindell

BillsFever21
11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
It's a good stat line but the guy still sucks. It shows we lack confidence in him when we punt the ball on the 32 yard line.

He has 7 FG's between 20-29 yards.

He has 5 FG's between 30-39 yards.

He has 1 FG between 40-49 yards.

He has 0 FG's 50+ yards.

He is a liability 40+ yards away. He rarely gets a shot at the FG from about 45+ yards away. He doesn't even get a 2nd thought at a 50 yd FG attempt.

Dozerdog
11-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I remember one miss against a horrible wind- it was like it hit an invisible wall. It was against Miami I think.

Tatonka
11-22-2004, 10:37 PM
he has done his job.. i dont understand how you can fault him unless he is given the chance to kick the ball and fails.

imbondz
11-22-2004, 11:14 PM
like in the first game.

NapalmDeath
11-22-2004, 11:36 PM
he has done his job.. i dont understand how you can fault him unless he is given the chance to kick the ball and fails.

The coaching staff has not given him the chance in alot of LONG situations.
But then again I can't blame them. Lindell has a weak leg.

Mad Max
11-22-2004, 11:45 PM
It's a good stat line but the guy still sucks.

I agree, he's an average kicker at best and at this point the weakest link on a very good ST unit. Any average kicker can make what he's made, the "good" kickers can be counted on to hit from 40+ with regularity, with enough leg to hit a 50 yarder on occasion.

BillsFever21
11-23-2004, 12:15 AM
I agree unless he isn't getting the chances because they have no faith he will consistently make them.

He has only hit about 60% of his kicks from 40+ in his career.

tampabay25690
11-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I remember one miss against a horrible wind- it was like it hit an invisible wall. It was against Miami I think.

It was and it was a terrible call by the coaches, we all knew he couldn't make it or and other kicker. Winds were 30+ If I remember

Jan Reimers
11-23-2004, 09:11 AM
He kicked 3 Sunday. What's the problem?

Charlieguide
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
The problem is, he isn't as reliable a kicker as you'd like in the NFL. Remember the faith the team had in Christie? He's one of the few K's in the league that, given the opportunity, probably could have tied/broken the 63 yard record. But more importantly, you could count on Steve in the clutch. In fact, the Giants still do.

Lindell makes the PAT's, and does an average job in the short-and mid-range kicks. But there's a lot of question about his range and consistency.

My hope: Ohio State's Mike Nugent. All-time leading scorer at OSU, and absolutely unflappable, with good range. There was actually a small campaign (but big enough to be addressed on ESPN's Collge Gameday) to get his name out there for the Heisman. :snicker: Seriously, I expect Nuge will be taken early in the April draft. People here in Columbus are talking first or second round . . . but I'm thinking 3d or 4th.

BuffaloRanger
11-23-2004, 10:19 AM
I enjoy his kickoffs to the 10 yd line with a 30 mph wind AT HIS BACK.

He, the Bills, and the fans have been lucky he hasn't had to attempt a 45 yd kick to win a game this year.

TigerJ
11-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Obviously the coaching staff does not have a lot of confidence in his ability to kick long FGs. I don't know whether that has to do with history or what he does in practice. I'd like to see him attempt something long just so I have something to go on.

There are several good kickers coming out of college this year. Buffalo won't get Nugent, who might be a first rounder, but one of the other ones might end up in Buffalo.

G. Host
11-23-2004, 01:08 PM
The problem is, he isn't as reliable a kicker as you'd like in the NFL. Remember the faith the team had in Christie? He's one of the few K's in the league that, given the opportunity, probably could have tied/broken the 63 yard record. But more importantly, you could count on Steve in the clutch. In fact, the Giants still do.

Christie was Donahoe's first major mistake IMO. He gets dinged just before opener for something which should healed in afew weeks and what does he do? IR him without talking to him first. I am glad we got Moorman but Donahoe's understanding of kicking game leaves something to be desired.

Charlieguide
11-23-2004, 07:01 PM
TD views every player as expendable, and makes decisions based on salary without considering the price of losing that player.

. . .

so why do we still have Lindell? :headscrat

zone
11-23-2004, 07:16 PM
At least his short kick offs help us create turnovers. Luckly we have a speedy cover team.