PDA

View Full Version : Losman Trade: Which would you rather see?

BillsFever21
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Of course I'd rather see a later draft position since that would mean we finished the season out on a high note.

The other side is what if we don't? I'd rather have a higher drafting position but that would mean we gave Dallas a high 1st round pick in the trade.

Not taking into account how the wins/losses and final record would make you feel, what would make you feel the best about our draft day trade with Dallas.

Which would you rather see...

1. A lower draft position which means Dallas didn't get a high draft pick(Top 10) in the deal.

2. Screw what pick Dallas gets in the first. That trade is over with and beyond our control. I'd rather have a higher draft positions in rounds 2-7.

I choose #2. I would be pissed if we gave away a Top 10 pick in the draft. The lower draft pick Dallas gets the better the trade looks for us.

mypoorfriendme
11-23-2004, 02:12 AM
As picks get higher in the draft, they get exponentially more valuable. I'd much rather life with the comfort of knowing we traded a 16 and 45 overall for a 22 than a 5 and 45.

I think its safe to say that in any draft, there is going to be quite a drop off of talent from the top 1-5ish to the 10-30.

which is why i was so excited to see mcgahee as a bill because he was (is) definetely top 5 material.

Kramer
11-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Higher pick so that the remaining draft rounds are as high as possible. Of course I'd rather have the Bills win, and that would mean lower picks.

Ebenezer
11-23-2004, 07:46 AM
If the draft were today the Cowboys would get the 17th pick in the draft...I hope the Bills get as many wins as possible and give the Cowboys something around the 22nd or deeper.

TigerJ
11-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Once you drop out of the first round, the differences between player ratings shrink tremendously. There are few great playuers, but a lot of good ones, and even more average ones. It can make som difference between drafting in the middle of the second round versus the bottom third, but not nearly as much as droping from fifth to tenth in round one. If one good offensive lineman goes a couple picks before Buffalo drafts in round two, there should still be a good one on the board. Moreover, in later rounds, if there is a player you have really targeted and you're convinced he'll be gone when you pick, it costs a lot less to move up a few spots to get him.

Buffalo is far better off going for the best record possible. The advantages: momentum for next season, attractiveness to potential free agents from other teams, contentment among your own potential free agents, fan ticket sales, etc. far outweigh the single disadvantage: lower draft position in rounds two and lower. Big deal!

This is a no brainer.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I'd like to see us win every game possible. Why would anyone want us to lose, simply to enhance our draft position?

Always remember Walt Patulski and Eric Flowers, among others.

Ebenezer
11-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I'd like to see us win every game possible. Why would anyone want us to lose, simply to enhance our draft position?

I can see the rationale that JP needs the work but I'd rather see wins.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM

i agree.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
there will always be a good RB or white DE we can use a late second round pick on! :snicker:

don137
11-23-2004, 10:07 AM
The worse the Bills finish the lesser chance of the FA's would want to come here so there are other implications as well. I rather finish on a high note. I think 8-8 is very possible considering the schedule.