PDA

View Full Version : This one is on Drew

Novacane
11-17-2002, 03:07 PM
He was bad today. Twice peerless was wide open long and he threw underthrew him. The Moulds TD that was called back would have been an easy TD on a well thrown ball.

What happend to our red zone offense? First and goal on the 5 and 3 passes! 150 yards in penalties! I am so pissed right now. This is the most pissed I have been after any loss this year because we beat ourselves!

casdhf
11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Well, once you settle down and pull your head out of your a$$, you'll notice this game was lost by the run defense.

RedEyE
11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
The defense is a piece of crap.

Novacane
11-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Pull your head out of your ass CASDH! The run D was bad but they would have won anyway if the Offense could score in the redzone!

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-17-2002, 03:11 PM
The defense didn't lose this game. They held the Chiefs to 17 points.

You can't hold them the entire game. Sooner or later they will get it together and get points. While we were holding them we were kicking FG's. That's what lost us the game.

SoCalBillsFan
11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
on drew? give me a break!!!

13 penalties for 139 yards. 139 YARDS!!!!

we couldnt stop them at the end. WE had to settelf ro field goals. Hardly drew's fault entirely. Maybe he didnt have his best day, but he is not to blame for this loss.

casdhf
11-17-2002, 03:14 PM
Moulds would have caught that ball for a TD.

Novacane
11-17-2002, 03:14 PM
I do not blame him entirely SCBF! The penalties were killer yes. Drew did not have a good game though. He was not sharp

don137
11-17-2002, 03:16 PM
It was a team loss. When it mattered most the defense did not stop KC. KC got the ball with 4 minutes left and they ran out the clock. Bledsoe had a couple bad throws. Penalties hurt them. How many times did penalties KC keep drives alive? Too many...Price did his typical impression of Warren Sapp and trash talked his way to a costly personal foul penalty.

The_Philster
11-17-2002, 03:16 PM
BTOr6 is right. It wasn't all Drew's fault but he WAS overthrowing receivers a lot. When's the last time he DIDN'T overthrow Phillip Crosby?

RedEyE
11-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
The defense didn't lose this game. They held the Chiefs to 17 points.

You can't hold them the entire game. Sooner or later they will get it together and get points. While we were holding them we were kicking FG's. That's what lost us the game.

Did you see the last drive?

Bert102176
11-17-2002, 03:27 PM
The ones to blame were the refs, Moulds would have taken the ball in the endzone if the Chiefs wouldn't have pushed him down before the ball got there it was one of many screw ups by the refs, and Drew for throwing the Int., then our D at the end of the game, Grey has to go

The Natrix
11-17-2002, 04:05 PM
put down the Crack pipe Bledsoe2Reed4-6. Bledose played very well today. He made numerous good throws with intense pressure in his face. He was 8 for 8 on the last scoring drive for f's sake.

"this one is on Drew" I really hope you swallow your pride and take this one back

LMAO

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-17-2002, 04:12 PM
When you hold the Chiefs to 17 points you should win the game. We shouldn't have even had to worry about trying to stop them to get the ball back. The game should've already been sealed.

I guess it's the defenses fault we had 3 Red Zone FG's? With a TD on any of them FG's we win this game. The INT turns into a time warping drive to finish off the game.

RedEyE
11-17-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
When you hold the Chiefs to 17 points you should win the game. We shouldn't have even had to worry about trying to stop them to get the ball back. The game should've already been sealed.

I guess it's the defenses fault we had 3 Red Zone FG's? With a TD on any of them FG's we win this game. The INT turns into a time warping drive to finish off the game.

I understand your point, but the defense choked on that last drive and that negates anything else they accomplished today.
That last KC drive cost the Bills the game. Before that drive, Holmes had only 70 yards rushing. In the final minutes of the game (precious minutes) he gained 34 yards on just 4 carries. In my opinion that's piss poor D. They knew they were going to run the ball and they were still unable to stop Holmes. Trust me, I'm not just pointing a finger in the direction of the D. There was a lot of inconsistancies on the field today.

The Natrix
11-17-2002, 04:18 PM
I never said the D deserves all the blame. I just think starting a thread entitled "This one is on Drew" is absurd and uncalled for. That is all.

WCoastFin
11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
As the season goes on I can see people are finally starting to agree with me that Bledsoe sucks!.... It was about time you woke up people! this guy is the 2nd (if not 1st) most sacked QB, only next to D.CARR!....Its obvious that this loser shouldve got thrown out of the AFCE and sent to the Bengals where he belongs....A Loser on a Losing team.

Tatonka
11-17-2002, 07:38 PM
you guys are assuming that if your defense stopped kc at the end of the game that we would have scored.. drew had his chance to score.. he threw a PICK... KG had his chance to call a drive that would run off 4 minutes of the clock while getting a field goal or td and winning the game..

if you would have been told that our DEFENSE would hold the chiefs offense to 17 points, would you have been happy? HELL YES YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN.. to say the defense lost the game while it was the offense, KG and DB that called bad plays in the red zone (3 FOOKING PASSES IN A ROW FROM THE 5????) and made horrible passes... DB missed peerless on TWO sure tds had he not thrown the ball over his back shoulder and led him instead.

i am just discusted at the team as a whole at the moment.. it was frustrating to watch the defense give up that last 4 minutes, to give up the trent green td scramble, and the first down scramble at the end... but like i said, if you told me that OUR defense would hold them to 17, i would have said PERFECT!!! WE WIN!!..

i guess i would have been wrong.

WG
11-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
As the season goes on I can see people are finally starting to agree with me that Bledsoe sucks!.... It was about time you woke up people! this guy is the 2nd (if not 1st) most sacked QB, only next to D.CARR!....Its obvious that this loser shouldve got thrown out of the AFCE and sent to the Bengals where he belongs....A Loser on a Losing team.

Interesting you say that. But it's a tough argument to say that he's winning games for us. At this rate, he'll finish the season w/ only 24 TDs. That's unacceptable IMO. That wouldn't even match his three best and only decent seasons in N.E. Given that he's got an O.C. that plays right into his hands of throwing the ball and given the fact that "he's got more tools here in Buffalo than he's ever had", something sure has to change over the next 6 games.

This production of 1 TD per game for barely over 15 points is killing us.

shelby
11-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

I understand your point, but the defense choked on that last drive and that negates anything else they accomplished today.
That last KC drive cost the Bills the game. Before that drive, Holmes had only 70 yards rushing. In the final minutes of the game (precious minutes) he gained 34 yards on just 4 carries. In my opinion that's piss poor D. They knew they were going to run the ball and they were still unable to stop Holmes. Trust me, I'm not just pointing a finger in the direction of the D. There was a lot of inconsistancies on the field today.

What he said.

ublinkwescore
11-17-2002, 09:42 PM
"KG had his chance to call a drive that would run off 4 minutes of the clock while getting a field goal or td and winning the game.."

- Tatonka

I've got to agree with that - why in the he!! didn't we run Travis Henry on them in the last four minutes, run out the clock, and if we couldn't get in to the endzone, settle for a field goal. If that doesn't make you question Gilbride's playcalling, I don't know what will. We went out and got too aggressive for no reason.

Travis Henry was eating them alive - I think he went over the 100 yard mark in the first half alone.

WG
11-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Yup!!!

Voltron
11-18-2002, 07:53 AM
And No fumbles by Henry!!!!

TedMock
11-18-2002, 08:00 AM
Henry did have a good game and they should've ran him way more in the end. Drew did have a bad pick but his overall game was still pretty good and the Defense played well until the end where they gave the game away by letting KC get one 1st down after another on the last drive and a couple of penalties just to make sure that KC would have enough left to win. Worst of all, Penalties! To lose like that just pisses me off.

LtBillsFan66
11-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Penalties killed us. That's it.

WCoastFin
11-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
And No fumbles by Henry!!!!

When its not Henry its Drew....when it doesnt rain, it pours!

Novacane
11-22-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I never said the D deserves all the blame. I just think starting a thread entitled "This one is on Drew" is absurd and uncalled for. That is all.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was in Washington D.C. all week and did not get a chance to respond to this.

Drew is not imune to being critisized Natrix. At least not by me. He was not sharp last Sunday. Despite all the stupid penalties, the D peeing their pants in the 4th Quarter and KG stupid play calling they still would have benn in great shape to win if Bledsoe had thrown a good pass on the interception. Should have been a TD. Price had the guy beaten and Drew threw a bad pass.

Sorry if you can't take Drew being critisized!

WG
11-22-2002, 10:22 AM
You hit that nail right on the head. All of Drew's yardage records supercede anything else that he's done, hasn't done, or is doing. He gets a pass on most everything simply for that.

Several people have mentioned that he had a good game on Sunday. It's funny, b/c if any other QB tosses for only 225 yards w/ only 1 TD and an INT to effectively end the game when otherwise his team would have won, it would be considered fair at best. Factor in that he only led his team to 16 offensive points.

If anyone suggested that this Sunday against the Jets he'd have 225 yards, 1 TD, a key INT, and lead the offense to only 16 points, would anyone be impressed or hopeful that we would win the game?

I think not! So why is it that he was considered to have a good game vs. the Chiefs and Miami?

There's clearly a bias towards him that makes an objective evaluation nearly impossible. Fans would be ecstatic if he got the passing title even if it only meant 25 TDs. I don't nor ever will understand that.

The Natrix
11-22-2002, 11:09 AM
critisizing drew is one thing. giving a thread the title, "This one is on Drew" is another.