PDA

View Full Version : jonas jennings

nuklz2594
11-23-2004, 01:24 PM
can we safely say he is going to leave via fre agency? i don't see us shelling out big bucks for him. anyone think jason peters can take over for him? he is a tight end so he has speed and agility. he is a diamond in the rough. don't be urprised if this pans out.

your thoughts

LtBillsFan66
11-23-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think he'll be back either. He's hurt half the time anyway. He has said few times he wants to go to Atlanta.

THATHURMANATOR
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
I hope we don't replace our starting Left Tackle with a College tight end who wasn't even drafted.

Earthquake Enyart
11-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I hope we don't replace our starting Left Tackle with a College tight end who wasn't even drafted.
I truly don't understand the Jason Peter's love.

He didn't even make one play during the preseason.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
He has said few times he wants to go to Atlanta.

man, i get tired of hearing this..

link?

he said it one time on an atlanta radio station while he was being asked about the peerless price trade.. it was well over a year ago.. they said you want to come to atlanta when your a free agent.. he said, yeah, sure..

people put too much stock in that.. and keep bringing it up like he was quoted as saying he cant wait to get out of buffalo and get to atlanta.. when that is completely untrue.

he was also quoted as saying that he would love to stay in buffalo on a buffalo radio station.. AFTER the atlanta comment.. guess that means he is a lock to stay?

nfl players will go where the money is. period..

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-23-2004, 01:49 PM

:idunno:

ryjam282
11-23-2004, 01:50 PM

Oh so very true...Although, Ricky Williams is the exception to that rule :winkpunch

I am really indifferent towards him. He is decent LT and I would not be upset if we "UPGRADED" him. Not a replacement, and upgrade. I don't see Jennings staying here for what we are going to offer though.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
ps.. i dont know if he is worth the big bucks or not.. but he has been our best olineman for a long time.

i personally would love to see him moved back to right tackle.. mike williams moved to left guard, and a FA or drafted LT.

ryjam282
11-23-2004, 02:16 PM
I couldn't envision a better lineup if I tried....Plus, I like Tucker at C, maybe they could try Teague back at Tackle no?

THATHURMANATOR
11-23-2004, 02:17 PM
ps.. i dont know if he is worth the big bucks or not.. but he has been our best olineman for a long time.

i personally would love to see him moved back to right tackle.. mike williams moved to left guard, and a FA or drafted LT.

That would be ideal.

Ed
11-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I wonder what Jennings value would be on the open market? I can't really imagine him getting huge offers from other teams, but then again everyone seems so desperate recently for decent O-lineman that they're willing to overpay.

I like Jennings and think he's good, I just don't know how good. His injuries are a concern too.

I guess the better question is who would you rather re-sign, Jennings or Pat Williams? I really like big Pat too, but I don't know how much the team would be willing to shell out for both.

LtBillsFan66
11-23-2004, 02:56 PM

link?

he said it one time on an atlanta radio station while he was being asked about the peerless price trade.. it was well over a year ago.. they said you want to come to atlanta when your a free agent.. he said, yeah, sure..

people put too much stock in that.. and keep bringing it up like he was quoted as saying he cant wait to get out of buffalo and get to atlanta.. when that is completely untrue.

he was also quoted as saying that he would love to stay in buffalo on a buffalo radio station.. AFTER the atlanta comment.. guess that means he is a lock to stay?

He said it a few times. Sorry about not having a link to appease you.

DraftBoy
11-23-2004, 05:22 PM

he said it once and it has been reported numerous times, take it from somebody in Atlanta, your wrong my friend.

venis2k1
11-23-2004, 05:26 PM

the be fair, he did alot of good sunday against the rams, a ST tackle, a fumble recovery and a key block on willis's 40 yard run.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 05:31 PM

it is not about appeasing me.. but apparently you want to get a little attitude and act like i was trying to call you out.. i wasnt..

i was simply stating that what you said was a common misperception that i have seen several times.. sorry that i dont just go with "he said it several times" and believe that the guy is as good as gone.

he will go where the money is. period.

do you even know what atlanta's LT situation is? are they trying to get a new LT?

Marvelous
11-23-2004, 05:34 PM

link?

During that time(ATL radio) i heard several comments about his peerless ATL love etc. No link needed as it's not a big deal.

imo

TigerJ
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm not going to worry about it until or unless it happens.

finsrclowns
11-23-2004, 08:00 PM
The Bills made him an offer. Apparently he and his agent thought so little of it they never came back to TD with a counteroffer. He's gone.

Tatonka
11-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Frank (Charlotte, NC): Are we going to try and re-sign Jonas Jennings or do you see us going after a Walter Jones, or Orlando Pace in the off-season? Or do you find Dylan McFarland or Marcus Price as the man protecting our QB's backside?

TD: We like Jonas Jennings a great deal as a player and as a person, and we will make every effort to keep him as a Buffalo Bill. Our coaches believe that Jonas can develop into a very good player in our particular style of offense, especially under the coaching of Jim McNally. All personnel decisions with regard to our roster will be made at the conclusion of our season.

Marvelous
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Our coaches believe that Jonas can develop into a very good player in our particular style of offense, especially under the coaching of Jim McNally.

How long is that going to take?
Jonas shows signs but is always hurt and refuses to take LT to the next level.
At one time after a Miami game i'm sure, I thought he was gonna be something.
CYA Jonas
CYA Pat