PDA

View Full Version : All playoffs talk stops now

Butch
11-17-2002, 03:24 PM
I expected an 8-8 record this year but obviously was hoping for better, that hope was destroyed today. Playoffs team win games like this, and we didn't.

We have a defense that can't make any plays, whether it is turnovers, sacks, or making a stop when they have to.

We have an offense that stalls in the red zone. You win games by scoring TDs, not by kicking 30 yard field goals. I love Drew, but put the ball in the damn end zone. It doesn't mean crap if you throw for 300 yards between our 20 and their 20.

We have an undisciplined team because of bad coaching. 130 yards in penalties? We stop a team for 3 quarters but then get dominated in the 4th, unbelievable. Our offense is playing well, but when we pass 90% of the time on 2nd and 1, 2nd and 2, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 it makes me sick. We have a RB who is getting over 4.5 yards a carry, USE HIM!

Greg Williams and Jerry Gray have 6 games to prove they belong in this league as a HC and DC.

WCoastFin
11-17-2002, 07:32 PM
They did use Henry...check his stats, and even that wasnt even enough to win!...also remember this is one of the worst defenses in the league! ....and only 16 points Id say youre offense sucks as well.

WG
11-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Fin,

Gilbride totally abandoned running Henry in the 4th on that last drive that we needed him the most. Instead, w/ many minutes left, we, AGAIN, go for all the marbles and BLOW IT!

GULP!!!

Butch,

Very nicely stated. I couldn't agree more!

;)

shelby
11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Wys...does Gilbride have you on "ignore" or what??!!??
;)

Tatonka
11-17-2002, 07:39 PM
most of us have him on ignore.

Ð
11-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Can we post that stat? Most ignored BFZ'er :rofl:

Butch
11-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
They did use Henry...check his stats, and even that wasnt even enough to win!...also remember this is one of the worst defenses in the league! ....and only 16 points Id say youre offense sucks as well.

How manny carries did Henry get in the red zone? How many carries did Henry get in the second half? Let me know and then YOU tell me if we used Henry enough.

WG
11-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Henry got 8 carries in the 2nd half. We only had three drives in the second half.

But at 4:45 or so, when we start a drive at our own 44 while Henry has average over 5 YPC, Gilbride must be an idiot to pass the ball.

The ideal thing would have been to move the ball while taking ALL the time off the clock and then kicking a FG or simply punching it in. But NOOOO! Gilbride, in the consumation of all his genious today, which is there every week OH BTW, decides that it's in our best interests to run 5 plays in 30 seconds and risk INTs, that did materialize! The man is either overworked or a moron! I'm sorry, there is no other explanation. Ahhh, wait, there is another explanation and that is that he's so wrapped up in trying to be the one that can be credited for Drew having additional passing records of some sort on Gilbride's watch.

Even if Price had caught that ball for a TD, that still would have left over 4 minutes on the clock for K.C. to get down to our EZ. The way our D had been playing at that point, is there seriously anyone on these MBs who honestly thinks that K.C. would not have scored?

Nonetheless, the point is moot. The sensible thing to do is to dish the ball off to your RB who has averaged 5+ YPC and to take the clock down as low as you can get it. Score a TD or take the FG whichever is the option when the clock is down to the last seconds or when it's 4th down. But heck, all we needed was about 30 yards to get well within Hollis' range for FG try on a nice day!

Unbelieveable! Absolutely unbelieveable!

Sabre Ally
11-17-2002, 11:43 PM
How can you not agree with Wys on the points he makes about that last drive? We had plenty of time to run the clock out and put up the necessary points, and had the necessary weapon (Henry) to do just that.

WG
11-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Butch

How manny carries did Henry get in the red zone? How many carries did Henry get in the second half? Let me know and then YOU tell me if we used Henry enough.

Henry had 3 carries for 21 yards in the red zone, but from the 14, 15, and 20 yard lines. Close in they didn't use him.

don137
11-18-2002, 05:19 AM
I agree they should of used Henry more in the red zone and in 4th quarter against the wind.
As far as the playoffs I won't pull a Wade Phillips and give up on them. I'm a realist and know they face a tumultuous task of qualifying for the post-season but I won't give up especially with games against the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots. We need to win all three. The divison is too close right now to throw in the towel.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 05:21 AM
The way it looks right now....if we lose ANY game other than Green Bay, we're out of the playoff picture.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-18-2002, 05:55 AM
All good points about Henry. Gilbride pulled a boner there.I must stand by my opinion in 1 thing though. Those 2 bombs (1 for interception) were very pooryl thrown. Peerless had his man beat easily to the inside and Drew just through it behind him. I know its hindsight, however if Drew puts that ball where he should of its 6 points. But again maybe the play should have never been called.

mybills
11-18-2002, 07:16 AM
So what if we don't make the playoffs? We're still rebuilding. Why would we want to go into the playoffs if they haven't finished fixing our defense? Should we go just to be embarrassed? It's best to see what happens in the draft, and to use the extra time to come back next year and blow the socks off the 3 other teams.
I never expected playoffs this year. I can wait.

SABURZFAN
11-18-2002, 07:26 AM
this coaching staff is the ONLY reason that we wouldn't make the playoffs.Wys' stats about the Red Zone,the last drive,etc..are about accurate if you give or take a yard or 2.i'm glad to see that i wasn't the only one bellyaching about these matters.

this coaching staff blows.