PDA

View Full Version : Notes on the game...

OpIv37
11-23-2004, 08:25 PM
-UNBELIEVABLE effort by the D. They showed no respect for the run game- most of the time they only had 4 on the LOS, then they'd blitz and drop one of the four into coverage. This meant 7 guys were in the defensive backfield and Bulger never knew where the pressure would come from. Jerry Gray deserves some props for this.

-Ever since that incident in Baltimore, Sam Adams has been on fire. Right now I'd have to say he's the defensive MVP

-McGee still struggled in coverage. He made up for it with the INT, but he makes me nervous because teams keep attacking him.

-Buffalo's special teams has had a remarkable turnaround the last two seasons. I used to dread every special teams play- now I can't wait to see what they can do.

-What's the deal with Eric Moulds? 3 stupid penalties and a drop- I don't think he ever recovered mentally or physically from last year's injury.

-McGahee is for real. He deserved a TD at the end, but it was a classy move by the coaches to not run up the score. This isn't college.

-The reason this team can't win on the road is because of the stupid mistakes. Bledsoe's fumble, dumb penalties- you can get away with this garbage at home in November against a dome team, but not on the road against good teams. If the Bills played all 16 games at home in November and December, they'd probably never lose.

OpIv37
11-23-2004, 08:33 PM
one more thing I forgot. Lindell has been great at field goals lately but his kickoffs are still coming up short. Hopefully the 0 and special teams can keep scoring so the pressure is off- I still have my doubts on anything over 45 from Lindell.

OpIv37
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
bump

G. Host
11-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Even players who some have said were busts played well. Denney had a great defense of a WR who looked extremely surprised that a 6'7" DE was covering him. I wonder how good Denney is at covering TE's with that wingspan?

OpIv37
11-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Even players who some have said were busts played well. Denney had a great defense of a WR who looked extremely surprised that a 6'7" DE was covering him. I wonder how good Denney is at covering TE's with that wingspan?

worth a shot to confuse the Offense- when the Bills' pass rush is working, the TE is an important dump-off man, and this type of coverage could keep them guessing. I just don't want to get burned for 20 yards in order to find out- how good is he at tackling in the open field once the reception is made?