So do you all still hate "Fast Freddie"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

So do you all still hate "Fast Freddie"?

Plenty of people were ready to take his head off after game one..

Pretty sure he can help the team in some capacity after seeing games 2 and 3.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

yeah some people jumped the gun on that. He got thrown into a tough situation that first game.

On the play where Bledsoe fumbled, he was in as a Running back- I think the ball was supposed to go to him. After those two returns, I don't blame Mularkey for trying to get him involved more.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

I just dissed him for his nic at first :/

I heard though that he just wants to be called Johnathan now though.

His "Fast Freddie" nic came from the fact that he used to watch The Flintstones all the time as a kid and they called him Freddie. Then it evolved into "Fast Freddie" and it stuck so he stayed with it. Now he just wants to use his given name.

He had a nice game this past weekend
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

I thought he needed a lot of work since in preseason he was "Fumbling Freddie" but so far it appears he has learned to hang on the ball. It remains to be seen if he was a blip due to opposing teams not have scouting info on him or will be an asset.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I'll admit I was puzzled we drafted this kid - when we had all that depth at WR

But it appears it's a 7th round pick worth it's while.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Buffalo Bills fans jumping the gun on someone? NO WAY!!!!

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

His spin move on that return.... was just amazing.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Some Zoners already hate Losman, too, likening him to RJ. It's really not surprising, then, that Smith would be condemned after one game.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Fast Freddie is Fabulous!

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I thought it was probably a wasted draft choice. When he made a bonehead error in his first game, I was upset, but didn't read more into it than that. He obviously has some special teams ability. For that he's worth a 7th round pick. I don't think he'll ever contribute at WR or RB.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

As long as we keep him on Special Teams I'm ok with it.

He's shown some good signs as a returner but his receiving skills are terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X