Williams giving up on retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Suprised this has not been put out there- if it has and I missed it I apologize- still on the road-

Williams must approve the deal. (AP) Ricky Williams will be back. According to his lawyer, the former Dolphins running back will serve a four-game suspension next month and then be reinstated with Miami. The league says an agreement has not been finalized.

• juice
    • Aug 2003

Ricky the Rat is trade bait.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• PUCKER
      • Sep 2004

He would be a perfect fit with the Raiders...
      Zapper's Hit List:
      SABURZFAN -
      SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
      Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
      http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Maybe Miami trades Ricky to the Raiders, Edge might be destined for MIA, and Indy gives us a Lineman and a pick for Travis.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

This is going to be interesting. Obviously, some team is going to consider taking him. It won't be Miami.

I'm curious as to which team is going to make the move to trade for him. But I'm even more intrigued by the terms of that trade and even more by the terms of the contract modifications that this new team will require to safeguard against Ricky bolting back to Weed World in the next year or two.

If anyone gives up anything serious in trade and does not get some sort of safe guard, their flat out stupid.
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

This hasn't been finalized yet, and Ricky hasn't approved it. It is no sure thing he still wants to return. If he agrees to the following:

1) Ricky is reinstated for the week's final 4 games.
            2) Ricky serves out a 4-games suspension for previous violations of the NFL's drug policy during those games. Thus, he can play again after this season.
            3) Ricky is immediately subject to testing under the NFL's drug program, which means he will be tested about 10 times a month starting in December.

The guy still has to want to come back. The NFL, NFLPA and the Dolphins have all agreed to it. It will be interesting to see if Ricky can stay clean starting next month.

The Dolphins will trade him, but it will have to be some sort of conditional trade with a contract amendment, similar to what the Chargers-Dolphins did in trading David Boston.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Ricky has 8 million reasons why he wants to come back...Grab him if he is available in any keeper fantasy league...

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                • Aug 2004

can't this story die!
                http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I read yesterday that ricky is going back to school to study Indian Medicine he is taking a 17 mos course.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                      • Aug 2004

isn't also true that he is an alien?
                      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

If it happens the NFL league office is a total friggin joke.

He retired. He admitted to using masking agents. He tested positive again. Why is the NFL bending over and grabbing their ankles for this guy?

They need to send a message. They shouldn't let him back. At the very least they should make him serve his 4 game suspension next season.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                          I read yesterday that ricky is going back to school to study Indian Medicine he is taking a 17 mos course.
                          That was also mentioned by Colin Cowherd on his show (ESPN carried locally by WGR). Cowherd also mentioned that Williams has no intention of coming back. This is all supposed to be maneuvering by Williams' agent and lawyers to try and keep their cash cow alive. I don't think Williams is an alien, but I wouldn't be surprised if he talks to them.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X