• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

The REFEREES WON THAT GAME FOR KC

Anyone else saw that game? The pass interference call on Chris Watson was COMPLETELY BOGUS. He never even had a hand on the guy. Turned around to look at the ball and had incidental contact bumping into the receiver. That was 36 yards that led to the winning TD.

Within the next 5 minutes, when we had possession, that KC corner Warfield flatout forearm checked Peerless Price, but no call at all.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

The referees won that game for the Chiefs. They didn't earn it at all. That was Bu!!*****.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

That was one of the worst performances by ref's i have ever seen.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Terry McAulay is the most over-officious ref in the league. He's the one who called pass interference on the Hail Mary in Foxboro in 1998. The thing is, at least Dick Hantak (the former holder of the over-officious title) was at least consistent with his calls.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

The Interference call was a joke, and the lack of calls on the chefs was inexcusable!
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Kansas City payroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

We have to be good enough to take them out of the game.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

i agree with Typ0...but that being said...did we have the same crew that officiated for NE 2 wks ago?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Kicking Field Goals in the Red Zone is what lost us the game. You gotta put 7 on the board.

Comment

• CalBillsFan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Kicking Field Goals in the Red Zone is what lost us the game. You gotta put 7 on the board.
                  Exactly, I don't think we can really complain about the refs because we should have been up to a point where a bad call does not affect our chances of winning. We lost because of bad redzone play.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

We scored 16 points against a weak, weak K.C. D! As weak as our or weaker supposedly.

If this had been 38-37, then I could see this. But come on, let's wake up here and realize that 16 points on the boards is abysmal considering the ToP that we had in differential and all the rushing and passing yards we had.

Face it, we can move the ball but have struggled for 4 weeks now, and not always against decent defenses, to even put any points on the boards. We're averaging less than 16 points per game here and it's not the refs fault.

As usualy, not one single part of the team showed up for all 4 Qs! Penalties out the wazoo, mostly deserved! More coaching issues!

Playoffs will not happen. We'll be lucky to win more than two more games from now 'til the end of the season. At this rate, @ G.B., @ N.E., and S.D. even at home will be losses. IMO there's no way that we will win @ Jets, and both Miami and Cincy at home. It just isn't going to happen.

If we hit 8-8 then we should all be very happy that we didn't go 7-9.

Face it, it's time to start addressing some questions and issues so that we come out running at the beginning of next season.

Henry played well.
                    The secondary played fairly well w/ some lapses.
                    The DL played fairly well thru 3 Qs and fair to poor in the 4th.
                    STs played fairly well.

Bledsoe was average.
                    Moulds/Price average.

LBs poor.

OL well.

We are struggling mightily on offense. The question is "what's wrong" and "how can we fix it!"

As usual, Gilbride doesn't run Henry when we need the yardage the most in the 4th Q. I don't know about y'all, but I'm gettin' a little miffed at Gilbride for not running Henry when he's running like the hottest runner playing on Sunday. Especially when it costs us the game.

If he doesn't know how to effectively utilize the running game, then let's find an O.C. that does! Unbelieveable.

BTW, that last pick was a HORRIBLE toss by Drew. Totally underthrown!

The refs didn't blow this game for us, we did!

16 points leaves little room for blaming anyone but the offense, the O.C., or the rest of the coaching somehow.

Refs my left stone!
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                      i agree with Typ0...but that being said...did we have the same crew that officiated for NE 2 wks ago?
                      Our officiating crew today:
                      Referee: Terry McAulay (77)
                      Line Judge: Byron Boston (18)
                      Field Judge: Scott Steenson (88) Umpire: Ed Coukart (71)
                      Side Judge: Tommy Moore (60)
                      Replay Official: Gary Lane Head Linesman: Jerry Bergman (91)
                      Back Judge: Billy Smith (2 )

having Byron Boston scares me...he was the guy out of position for the throwback in Tennessee

our officiating crew 2 weeks ago:
                      Referee: Dick Hantak (105)
                      Line Judge: Darryll Lewis (130)
                      Field Judge: Jim Saracino (58) Umpire: Carl Madsen (92)
                      Side Judge: Mike Weatherford (116)
                      Replay Official: Al Hynes Head Linesman: George Hayward (54)
                      Back Judge: Don Dorkowski (113)

kinda funny.....we went from the formerly most over-officious ref in the league in Dick Hantak to the new title-holder in Terry McAulay
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• tomohawk4949
                        • Nov 2002

the refs won the game???!!! i guees that damn ref threw a pick to Eric Warfield...i guees that ref ran wild all over your D in the forth Quarter....and the ref was they guy who let trent green run for the winning touchdown. BILLS LOST THE GAME>>>not the refs...there were a few bad calls but there always is. seriosly guys i thought bills fans were better than this.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

I thought that the two penalties on the game-winning drive were called properly. Watson clearly interfered w/ Kennison and Robinson very clearly had held Holmes, both prior to the ball getting there.

Watson simply wasn't looking and ran into Kennison. He had gotten burned and was 2-3 yards behind him. He tried to make up that ground as the ball was underway. He made a sorry move to make it look good, but a day late and a dollar short. He clearly affected Kennison's catching that ball.

If there was a penalty that I thought was silly, it was that roughing the passer penalty on Edwards early in the 3rd Q to completely change the field position for the rest of the half. That was bogus, but then again, that's what the officials seem to be calling this season.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Sorry, Wys....but that was clearly incidental contact between Watson and Kennison. There are only two officiating crews that would call that...McAulay's and Hantak's....the two most heavy-handed crews in the game.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I'm guessing the calls most Bills fans are upset about is the interference call to Watson and the non-call when Moulds was interferred with the play before the interception. I agree the call on Watson was a bad call and Warfield clearly interferred with Moulds. Even on sportcenter they talked about the Watson penalty being a bad call BUT Buffalo had there chances to win and they didn't. The way our defense played in KC's last drive I feel KC could of scored if they wanted. When it came to crunch time the D did not stand up. Most of the calls were deserved and KC was the beneficiary of bad officiating but that is not why we lost the game. Bad red-zone offense, bad discipline and our defense letting up in the 4th quarter is why we lost.

I believe this was the officiating crew that officiated the Music City Miracle.

Comment

Working...
                              X