PDA

View Full Version : So how much are they fudging Sam's weight now?

G. Host
11-24-2004, 09:44 AM
The 'Competition' newspaper in Seattle actually ask the question the local papers ought to:

How much does Sam Adams actually weigh? They don't call him "Big Papa The Show Stoppa" for nothing. The Bills list Adams as 335 pounds. But the rotund defensive tackle was listed at 300 when he played for the Seahawks. He was probably closer to 330 pounds in Seattle, so how much are the Bills fudging now?

# INJURY REPORT:
Wide receiver Josh Reed is doubtful because of a bruised knee. Cornerback Troy Vincent is questionable as he recovers from arthroscopic knee surgery. Center Trey Teague (knee) is out.
This is bad news IMO for Trey and Tucker is a better combo than Tucker and Smith.

BTW they are wrong about "Unsung Hero". That tune has been sung many, many times by the Pied Piper Rosenass and his rats.

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/200911_hnext24.html)

EDS
11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
There is an article on espn about the weights of all NFL teams. Bills have the heaviest offense in the AFC followed closely by the Ravens. Ironically, the article points oit, those are two of the worst offenses in the league. Hmm.

helmetguy
11-24-2004, 11:16 AM
I've been saying for quite a while that our offensive line needs to lose about 20 lbs. per man. With a guy like McGahee, we need a little quickness in order to run counters and such. This would stretch the defense laterally, and hopefully open up passing lanes as well as the rushing lanes. Works for Denver, right?

TigerJ
11-24-2004, 11:48 AM
I saw Grady Jackson in the Packers game the other day and he was huge, a whole lot fatter than Sam Adams. Jackson is listed at 6'2" and 340. Sam Adams is listed at 6'4" and 335. Either, Sam must be close to listed wieght or they're fudging the figures for Grady Jackson a whole lot more than they are for Sam.

From what I've heard, Mike Williams has continued to lose weight during the season and might be under 350 now. That would be the lightest he's played at in years, including at least part of his college career. If I were Rusty Jones, I'd want Mike Williams at about 340, Jonas Jennings at about 315 (he's listed at 325), Chris Villarrial and Ross Tucker at about the same. They're both a bit heavier now. I'd try to get Trey Teague UP to about 310 where he'd be a little stronger.

Buffalo also has a huge fullback in Damien Shelton, a big running back in Willis McGahee, a big QB in Drew, and a good sized TE in Mark Campbell. Their WRs are average. I don't know that size is that much of a factor in the offence's effectiveness. You can find other big linemen who are effective. The same is true of every position. Ben Roethlisberger is similar in size to Drew Bledsoe, and look what he's doing as a rookie.