• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i believe it's time for some of y'all

...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

well....some of those penalties were complete BS but you're right on every other point
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• losman2evans
      • Aug 2002

i'll say 9-7 wins the division

Comment

• Sabre Ally
        • Jul 2002

Couldn't we still theoretically win the division?

Comment

• AG75
          My buns are weiner friendly
          • Oct 2002

I am about as pessimistic as they come(I get it from my father), but I do not believe we are done. Not until next week. I think we have a good enough team to win games, but it's the stupid playcalling and penalties that kill us. If we could work on that I think we can be very much in it. If we can win in the Meadowlands next week than I do NOT think we are out. That would put us ahead of the Jets and N.E is losing right now.

However, if we lose next week than I think we are in serious trouble. I guess we will see.
          Aimee

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

If we lose next week, we'd have to win out in order to make the playoffs. I just don't see 9-7 making it.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
              Couldn't we still theoretically win the division?
              i suppose we could....

Dolphins 6-4
              Bills 5-5
              Patsies 5-5
              Jest 5-5

i will gladly take this season over the 3-13 disgrace of last year. My point is, we tend to be a bit overly optomistic...the Bills are much improved, but there are still glaring problems which need to be dealt with....especially with coaching, our D, and the amount of penalties we incur each week.

We should be able to beat the Jets next week, and if the fish lose to SD and the Patriots lose to the Viqueens, we will continue to be in the mix. i haven't given up on the Bills, i just don't see them realistically being in the postseason. Regardless....this year is much better than last.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

I agree with y'all.

The main problem is that we lose the tiebreakers to KC, Den, Oak since we lost to them all, and 9-7 probably won't win the division outright. And we are going to have a helluva time getting to 9 from here.

But there are still 3 division games, a game with the Bengals, a meaningless (for them) game with the Pack, and what may be a very important game with SD. Their destiny is still in their own hands, and after 10 games, theat's better than I thought we'd be. Y'all. :cowboy:

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

We should win 5 of our next 6.

Comment

• Phins054
                    Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                    • Jul 2002

Right now all divisions are up for grabs (except Green Bays). Any team can win this division. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets start to climb. They are probably playing the best ball in the division right now.
                    Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

9-7!

I think we'll be able to thank our lucky stars if we hit 8-8. I see us going 2-4 down the stretch. I have no idea who we're gonna beat besides Cincy if we can't beat the Jets this week.

I got news for ya all, the Jets have quietly become a better team than K.C. after a very shaky start. Martin is running well, their passing game is clicking, and their D is also playing well. That's what we have to face in NY next week.

Drew has never played well vs. the Jets. He's 2-6 since '97 and has thrown only 9 TDs to 14 INTs during that stretch. I know the "party line" here now, but it hasn't been carrying any weight over the past 4 games.

Meanwhile, the Jets, after dropping 4 of their first five while they struggled to find their groove, have won 4 of their last 5 in largely convincing fashions by putting up 129 points or 26 PPG over their last 5 against better teams than us.

I'm highly concerned about this game. We lost to a team w/ half this potency early on at home as their only win during their first horrible five games. Now we face them on the road in a game in which the winner takes possession of 2nd place in the AFCE.

This ain't gonna be pretty possibly. The Jets now have Martin and Jordan too which is gonna be difficult enough.

But winning more than a game or two from N.E., G.B., and the Jets all on the road or Miami or S.D. even at home, I think is a stretch.
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

You may be right, but it is in their destiny is in their own hands for now. That's my point.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

True.

I'm sure that doesn't warm your cockles however, eh!

I guess I just see little sense of hoping for something that won't happen regardless.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

I think it's a reasonable conclusion that we're just not good enough this year to go far. We're young, inexperienced, and have some terrible coaching.

Come next year (if we finally get some decent coaching), we should be contenders. But this year is out as far as any extended playoff stint goes.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Judge
                              • Aug 2002

Re: i believe it's time for some of y'all

Originally posted by shelby
                              ...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.
                              Ridiculous. If the Bills win their next 3 against the AFC East, the Bills win the division.

It's possible. Maybe not likely, but possible.
                              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

Working...
                              X