PDA

View Full Version : i believe it's time for some of y'all

shelby
11-17-2002, 04:44 PM
...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.
:wail:

The_Philster
11-17-2002, 04:46 PM
well....some of those penalties were complete BS but you're right on every other point

losman2evans
11-17-2002, 10:27 PM
i'll say 9-7 wins the division

Sabre Ally
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Couldn't we still theoretically win the division?

AG75
11-17-2002, 10:43 PM
I am about as pessimistic as they come(I get it from my father), but I do not believe we are done. Not until next week. I think we have a good enough team to win games, but it's the stupid playcalling and penalties that kill us. If we could work on that I think we can be very much in it. If we can win in the Meadowlands next week than I do NOT think we are out. That would put us ahead of the Jets and N.E is losing right now.

However, if we lose next week than I think we are in serious trouble. I guess we will see.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 04:46 AM
If we lose next week, we'd have to win out in order to make the playoffs. I just don't see 9-7 making it.

shelby
11-18-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

i suppose we could....

Dolphins :chair: 6-4
Bills 5-5
Patsies 5-5
Jest 5-5

i will gladly take this season over the 3-13 disgrace of last year. My point is, we tend to be a bit overly optomistic...the Bills are much improved, but there are still glaring problems which need to be dealt with....especially with coaching, our D, and the amount of penalties we incur each week.

We should be able to beat the Jets next week, and if the fish lose to SD and the Patriots lose to the Viqueens, we will continue to be in the mix. i haven't given up on the Bills, i just don't see them realistically being in the postseason. Regardless....this year is much better than last.:D

Earthquake Enyart
11-18-2002, 09:54 AM
I agree with y'all. :eek:

The main problem is that we lose the tiebreakers to KC, Den, Oak since we lost to them all, and 9-7 probably won't win the division outright. And we are going to have a helluva time getting to 9 from here.

But there are still 3 division games, a game with the Bengals, a meaningless (for them) game with the Pack, and what may be a very important game with SD. Their destiny is still in their own hands, and after 10 games, theat's better than I thought we'd be. Y'all. :cowboy:

colin
11-18-2002, 10:36 AM
We should win 5 of our next 6.

Phins054
11-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Right now all divisions are up for grabs (except Green Bays). Any team can win this division. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets start to climb. They are probably playing the best ball in the division right now.

WG
11-18-2002, 11:19 AM
9-7!

I think we'll be able to thank our lucky stars if we hit 8-8. I see us going 2-4 down the stretch. I have no idea who we're gonna beat besides Cincy if we can't beat the Jets this week.

I got news for ya all, the Jets have quietly become a better team than K.C. after a very shaky start. Martin is running well, their passing game is clicking, and their D is also playing well. That's what we have to face in NY next week.

Drew has never played well vs. the Jets. He's 2-6 since '97 and has thrown only 9 TDs to 14 INTs during that stretch. I know the "party line" here now, but it hasn't been carrying any weight over the past 4 games.

Meanwhile, the Jets, after dropping 4 of their first five while they struggled to find their groove, have won 4 of their last 5 in largely convincing fashions by putting up 129 points or 26 PPG over their last 5 against better teams than us.

I'm highly concerned about this game. We lost to a team w/ half this potency early on at home as their only win during their first horrible five games. Now we face them on the road in a game in which the winner takes possession of 2nd place in the AFCE.

This ain't gonna be pretty possibly. The Jets now have Martin and Jordan too which is gonna be difficult enough.

But winning more than a game or two from N.E., G.B., and the Jets all on the road or Miami or S.D. even at home, I think is a stretch.

Earthquake Enyart
11-18-2002, 11:33 AM
You may be right, but it is in their destiny is in their own hands for now. That's my point.

WG
11-18-2002, 11:35 AM
True.

I'm sure that doesn't warm your cockles however, eh! ;)

I guess I just see little sense of hoping for something that won't happen regardless.

lordofgun
11-18-2002, 11:36 AM
I think it's a reasonable conclusion that we're just not good enough this year to go far. We're young, inexperienced, and have some terrible coaching.

Come next year (if we finally get some decent coaching), we should be contenders. But this year is out as far as any extended playoff stint goes.

Judge
11-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by shelby
...to admit that Wys was correct in his analysis of our Bills. Today's game erased any hopes of our making it into the playoffs....are we allowed to criticize now?

i don't know about y'all...but what i saw was key mistakes by Drew, abandonment of the running game by Gilbride, and huge gaps in the defense. Fourteen penalties is a disgrace. Bring me Teddy Cottrell!!!!

Sorry to be so negative...i still say 9-7...but we will have no postseason.
:wail:

Ridiculous. If the Bills win their next 3 against the AFC East, the Bills win the division.

It's possible. Maybe not likely, but possible.

WCoastFin
11-18-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
Right now all divisions are up for grabs (except Green Bays). Any team can win this division. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets start to climb. They are probably playing the best ball in the division right now.

cmon now phins054, you honestly belive that!? listen to yourself! the J-E-T-S! ....pluh-ease! You know we beat them with Lucas at QB, and the Lions took a lead on them in the 3rd Qtr..... this team is a pretender and was exposed in the beggening....if theres anybody who will push us in the race it will be N.England....and we're better than them.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2002, 12:03 PM
I'm still sore about the TERRIBLE reffing in the game yesterday. I should've won that game. We played way better than KC. Imagine if the refs weren't on KC's payroll, we'd be tied at the division lead and be much more optimistic about the season.

WG
11-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Yeah, and just imagine if we could have scored 20 or more points against a D ranked:

32nd in yards
31st in scoring
32nd in passing
18th in rushing

Nah! Forget it. I suppose that's too far a stretch here...

;)

Judge
11-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, and just imagine if we could have scored 20 or more points against a D ranked:

32nd in yards
31st in scoring
32nd in passing
18th in rushing

Nah! Forget it. I suppose that's too far a stretch here...

;)

Statistics are for losers.

WG
11-18-2002, 12:37 PM
I love ya man!

That's not a nice thing to say to all those who've posted the degree of our success on those stats though.

;)

Phins054
11-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

cmon now phins054, you honestly belive that!? listen to yourself! the J-E-T-S! ....pluh-ease! You know we beat them with Lucas at QB, and the Lions took a lead on them in the 3rd Qtr..... this team is a pretender and was exposed in the beggening....if theres anybody who will push us in the race it will be N.England....and we're better than them.

WCF...just calling it like I see it. I am not saying the Jets are better than we are. BUT. they did beat us in Jersey last week. Lucas or not, they made the plays to win that game. Yes we had bull***** calls in that game (Chambers DID catch a TD). But bottom line is that they have a W in the column for that game. They whipped up on SD at home and Detroit yesterday. Don't you understand that it doesn't matter if its the 1st quarter or the 4th when you put a team away. As long as you put them away. The Jets have been doing a lot more lately than any other team in the division. I hate to say it and wish that it wasn't the case, but do you really think I am wrong???

BillsMan80
11-18-2002, 04:39 PM
This division is surely up for grabs. This team with a little discipline and a little fair officiating would be 6-4. This is a Jets team we SHOULD beat. Their offense is not as good as Kansas City, and their defense is below average. Our offensive line should blow the undersized Jets line off the ball all game. Travis should have a huge day. Run to set up the pass Gilbride. This game is a game we should win and one we need.

SABURZFAN
11-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally

it's possible but this so-called coaching staff will find a way to blow it.

SABURZFAN
11-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by colin
We should win 5 of our next 6.

:huh: you're more optimistic about this than i am.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

:huh: you're more optimistic about this than i am.

I just think we HAVE to win 5 of our last 6.

shelby
11-18-2002, 06:22 PM
The way things have been going, to expect us to beat five of the next six teams isn't realistic, imo.
i agree with log.:eek:

EE....:rofl:

Earthquake Enyart
11-18-2002, 06:23 PM
:cowboy:

WG
11-18-2002, 06:40 PM
The Jets are on a major roll. They've been scoring an average of 26 PPG and their D has played respectably. We had trouble when they were w/o a QB and Martin.

It's in the Meadowlands in a very meaningful game for them. This is going to be a tough game that they will be favored in. The Martin/Jordan one-two punch may be too much for us. Don't expect this kind of D each week. That was with two weeks to prepare and rest.

Besides, we haven't beaten a team of the Jets caliber all season. Don't expect Pennington to hand us the ball 5 or 6 times.

shelby
11-18-2002, 06:42 PM
if the Jest sweep us, i will be completely disgusted. i prefer to believe we can win this one, til i am proven wrong.

Mad Bomber
11-18-2002, 07:13 PM
The Jest, after a run where they were outscored 103-13 in 3 games, have played really good ball. The Bills, on the other hand, are going the opposite direction. We have been pathetic in our last two games, mainly because we beat ourselves with untimely penalties.

We will be playing this week on the worst playing surface in the NFL. The one thing we can hope for is the Jets' inevitable overconfidence when they get into a situation like this...Remember last year when the 2-12 Bills went into Giants stadium and beat them!!!!!