PDA

View Full Version : PFW on Losman - at 85%

G. Host
11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
PFW on Losman:

Buffalo

Bills fans hoping that the pro debut of rookie QB J.P. Losman late in the Week 10 loss at New England would indicate an immediate changing of the guard will be disappointed to learn that Losman is still not 100 percent healthy and likely won’t be named starter for a few more weeks. We hear that Losman’s fractured leg is about 85 percent healed and that he has yet to take a significant number of snaps in practice. With the Bills traveling to Seattle and Miami the next two weeks, the likely target date for Losman to make his first start is Dec. 12 at home vs. the Browns. Word is the Bills want Losman to play this season so they can determine how far along he is. As for Drew Bledsoe, if he’s asked to fill a backup role next season, it’s up in the air whether he’ll return, since he will count $4.33 million against the Bills’ 2005 salary cap. If he’s released after this season, he’ll count $6.51 million vs. the cap. PFW: The way we hear it (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afceast)

TigerJ
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Hmm, they really think the Bills are planning on having Losman start some games this season? I frankly have not been expecting that to happen.

Jeff1220
11-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Hmm, they really think the Bills are planning on having Losman start some games this season? I frankly have not been expecting that to happen.

I agree TJ - to a small extrent. If they continue to win, there is no way they make a change. But after 1 or 2 losses and the Bills are officially eliminated, then I'd expect to see some JP.

Tatonka
11-25-2004, 11:41 AM
why would you put someone in at 85%?

cordog
11-25-2004, 09:15 PM

From what i heard Mularkey just wanted to get him in there to get the butterflys out of his system. He just wanted to get JP out on the field, get in the huddle, look over the defense so next time he wont be nervous.

Demon
11-25-2004, 11:19 PM

I think Losman will play last 3 games of the season.

Why sit him all year, and next season when we're ready for a breakout season, we put in a unexpierenced QB into the fire? Makes little sense.

And i don't see any way of Bledsoe returning next season either, if that is you're arguement. No matter what happenes, if Bledsoe returns as starter and we start 0-2 or something bad, we'll have some beer throwing at the Ralph, all going towards Donahoe....

Jayhawk
11-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Losman at 85% is better than Drew right now, only because of the mobility.

Buckets
11-26-2004, 12:03 PM

WHY exacty? Why did MM put him in the New England game if he was only 80%? That was like feeding him to the wolves.