PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually expect the Bills to win this weekend?

OpIv37
11-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Seattle is up and down and I think the Bills have the talent to compete, but for some reason this team lacks the heart to play well on the road. The huge trek to the Left Coast won't help that either.

I think it will be a low-scoring, boring game, and the Bills will lose in the end.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
What is this, a joke? Of course we EXPECT the Bills to win, we are Bills fans aren't we? We just beat the living bejesus out of the Rams, why wouldn't we expect to do the same to the Seagulls?

Demon
11-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Bills have been really playing well. I expect them to be in this game. I'm hoping for a win. If the O-Line plays well, i definetly think we can win this game because their Pass defense is weak. I think Lee Evans might have a nice game. Over 100 yards recieving and a TD.

McGahee is a star, he can run on anybody it seems. So i expect him to have another big game also.

If all goes right, i definetly think we can win in Seattle.

FTG
11-24-2004, 09:29 PM
No I don't expect us to win. It's on the road.

FTG
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
What is this, a joke? Of course we EXPECT the Bills to win, we are Bills fans aren't we? We just beat the living bejesus out of the Rams, why wouldn't we expect to do the same to the Seagulls?

You don't have to expect them to win to be a Bills fan. There is a big differance between wanting/hoping and expecting

OpIv37
11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
You don't have to expect them to win to be a Bills fan. There is a big differance between wanting/hoping and expecting

Exactly. An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. Of course I WANT the Bills to win, but given Seattle's talent and Buffalo's poor road performances, I don't honestly think it will happen. If they win, I'll be happy and pleasantly surprised.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Exactly. An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. Of course I WANT the Bills to win, but given Seattle's talent and Buffalo's poor road performances, I don't honestly think it will happen. If they win, I'll be happy and pleasantly surprised.

Ahhh, ok, I understand. You don't want to get your hopes up. I guess I sort of feel the same way, but I just can't help expecting them to win, I don't know why...I even actually expected them to beat New England 2 weeks ago. At least we all WANT them to win, that's the main thing.

OpIv37
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Ahhh, ok, I understand. You don't want to get your hopes up. I guess I sort of feel the same way, but I just can't help expecting them to win, I don't know why...I even actually expected them to beat New England 2 weeks ago. At least we all WANT them to win, that's the main thing.

Yeah I expected them to beat the Pats too- this team has let me down too many times for me to get excited anymore, at least for this season.

BTW- nice avatar. I stole it for my Instant Messenger.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks!

Jeff1220
11-25-2004, 11:19 AM
If we lost last week, I'd probably say no. But the Bills were dominant vs the Rams. They seem really hungry to get the road monkey off their backs. Seattle is a playoff contender, but they're in the NFC, which means they probably aren't as good as their record. I expect a win and I expect the Bills to finish this season strong and with some momentum to carry over into next season.

Tatonka
11-25-2004, 11:39 AM
with the injury to hassleback.. robinson suspended.. anthony simmons on IR, chad brown out for the game.. engram, wr number 3, is dinged up.. rice, who is slower than dirt, is a starter now..

we just need to stop shawn alexander.. if we do, we will win..

Mad Bomber
11-25-2004, 11:47 AM
with the injury to hassleback.. robinson suspended.. anthony simmons on IR, chad brown out for the game.. engram, wr number 3, is dinged up.. rice, who is slower than dirt, is a starter now..

we just need to stop shawn alexander.. if we do, we will win..
:up: I agree.

We also need Drew to throw to people wearing Bills uniforms. Turnovers and stupid penalties have been killing us on the road.

generalmills
11-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I keep telling myself that the bills will not win on the road... but lets face it: This team has to grow up at some point and win away from the Ralph...The Hawks are ripe for the picking with the injury problems and they do not seem to be the force they were at the beginning of the year.
This will be the turning point for this group of guys... and the bills will win on the road!!! (hopefully hahaha) :pray:

northernbillfan
11-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Zero road wins in the last seven trips means they are due.

The Bills are 0-2 when I see them live, so I am due, since I only get to see them on average once every 6 years.

That coupled with what Tatonka had to say adds up to a Bills victory.

Billzz
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
I expect them to win every week.

G. Host
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Seattle is up and down and I think the Bills have the talent to compete, but for some reason this team lacks the heart to play well on the road. The huge trek to the Left Coast won't help that either.

I think it will be a low-scoring, boring game, and the Bills will lose in the end.

I expect they will for Miami only lost by 7 points and we are a lot better than Miami. I think Mularchy getting to Seattle is a good sign and having one key player from each team (Adams, Bledsoe and Lindell) being from or playing in Seattle before is a good incentive for each of them,

northernbillfan
11-25-2004, 03:07 PM
On the other side of that point, having Bledsoe when we play the Patsies doesn't help us.

G. Host
11-25-2004, 03:25 PM
On the other side of that point, having Bledsoe when we play the Patsies doesn't help us.

The Patriots know Bledsoe's tendancies far too well; he would have been the last QB I would have started at Fixboro as I stated before. Seattle is a completely different situation except for some.

finsrclowns
11-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Can we run on the Seattle D?

TigerJ
11-25-2004, 10:30 PM
I am generally optimistic, but have not picked the Bills for every game this season. I thought they would lose on the road to NE. That was a no brainer, I figured. I have picked them this Sunday on the premise that Seattle is a beatable team and Buffalo as an improving team is due to win on the road.

clumping platelets
11-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Yes...it's time to get out of the crib and start walking :mad:

The King
11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Its a must win on Sunday as mentioned seatle is beat up but so was NE when we played them. We need to execute our game plan and we need to keep shaun alexander inside. Look what Corey Dillon did to us running outside.. he just kept attacking Posey and Spikes would have to run accross the field to make the play but by the time he gets there its 6-8 yards later. We need to bite that crap in the ass early.

We need to attack the middle of the field and work our way out, this should be a balanced game offensively we should run 45% and pass 55%. I do think Seattles D is good but I think they are stupid. If we show them some different things they havent seen on film I think we should be all set....look for a reverse, a fake fg, flea flicker, or some kind of lateral.

As far expecting a win..... I believe in this team, so every week we have a game I believe we can win. That becomes a mind set... any loss is dissappointing some more so than others but I always believe we can get the W. Any Given Sunday.

BAM
11-26-2004, 10:28 AM
I DO! LET'S GO BUFFALO! :rockout:

Patti120
11-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Depends on whether we show up or not, and as previously mentioned we usually don't show up when we play away.

Nonetheless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. A win on the road would be a huge step towards the next level. :pray:

finsrclowns
11-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Can our OL and DL win the battles on the LOS away from RWS? Or if not, can they at least get a draw? If we get a draw or better on both sides of the ball I like our chances.