PDA

View Full Version : What young Bill's development are you impressd with?

Jeff1220
11-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I excluded those guys because they're a given. Here's a few other guys that are looking pretty good in the time they've been given:

Chris Kelsay
Ron Edwards
Jonathan (Fast Freddie) Smith

generalmills
11-25-2004, 12:24 PM
im really interested in the coming along of Ron Edwards..I think with the type of year this defense has had (eventhough Pat Williams has generally been silent) that there will be a market for Williams. Because of this I do not see the bills putting up the type of money that Williams will probably see on the open market. This would make Edwards the possible starter along side Sam Adams. He has had some big plays this year and certainly has the potential to be a monster stuffing the run.

I also am interested to see what becomes of Jason Peters...I think he is a weapon that can be very effective due to his hands and deceptive speed. :shocked: I know that he will never be the next best TE or Lineman for that matter...but what the bills brass decide to do with him should be very interesting

Jeff1220
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Peters is definitely interesting. After one game, I can't really judge his development, but given his versatilty and athleticism, combined with his size, he could develop into a very useful player.

generalmills
11-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I can remember at training camp the speed of Peters and particularly the catch he made at "open house" day at the stadium was great... He caught the ball about 15 years down field and won the race to the 30 yard line against kevin thomas and if it were a real situation would have taken it all the way... I was shocked at the speed of such a big man.. (kinda like the feeling we all got when Sam Adams had the TD return against NE)!!

Mad Bomber
11-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I can remember at training camp the speed of Peters and particularly the catch he made at "open house" day at the stadium was great... He caught the ball about 15 years down field and won the race to the 30 yard line against kevin thomas and if it were a real situation would have taken it all the way... I was shocked at the speed of such a big man.. (kinda like the feeling we all got when Sam Adams had the TD return against NE)!!

Sam Adams....speed? Didn't he get flagged for delay of game on that return? :D

BAM
11-25-2004, 05:48 PM
F. Smith gets my vote...

RedEyE
11-25-2004, 06:03 PM
I think that Ron Edwards play has been motiviation for Adams to get ****. Ever since he refused to come off the field, he has played 3x better. I think that it really bothers him that the younger guy is creeping up.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I've really like what I've seen out of Kelsay.

BillsFanInMass
11-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I think Sam Aiken might develop into a real stud reciever one day.

PUCKER
11-25-2004, 09:31 PM
I defintely like Kelsay,Edwards,and Aiken! :up:

Jan Reimers
11-26-2004, 07:02 AM
I also like Tim Euhus, Rashad Baker and Jabari Greer. I think they will make large contributions in the future.

The King
11-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Edwards, Kelsay. And even though they are not young how about Mark Campbell!? and even though hes a pro bowler Lawyer Milloy has played his heart out this year his game has improved ten fold from last season.

TigerJ
11-26-2004, 08:12 AM
I'll go with Kelsay, Euhus, and Baker. Ron Edwards has made a mark this year, but I'm not sure as a four year veteran if he still qualifies as a young Bills player anymore

tampabay25690
11-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Tim Euhus
Rashad Baker
Jason Peters

Buckets
11-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Rashad Baker

DraftBoy
11-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Baker, Peters, Greer, McGee, Kelsay

venis2k1
11-26-2004, 01:16 PM
j.p. losman and Uyi Osunde

Jayhawk
11-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I like Baker

BillsFever21
11-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Ron Edwards has been a stud. I still remember a month ago when some people were *****ing that Donahoe gave him a 1 year extension for next year for a little over 1 million dollars. I wish we would've signed him for a few years.

I'm not sure if Edwards will ever be a dominating force as the #1 but he is certainly a force to be reckoned with as the #3. He may get his shot next year though.

Kelsay has looked good the past month with 3 sacks over that span. You definitely can't dog him for lack of effort. The guy leaves everything on the field on every snap. He won't ever be a blue chip stud like Peppers, Strahan or Kearse, but he should be a solid player who can give us great effort along with 6+ sacks a year and maybe even double digits in the right situation.

Tim Euhus hasn't played enough for an opinion from me. Only time will tell for him.

Mark Cambell has 5 TD receptions the last 4 weeks. Gotta love that but I still don't think he's anything special. He's a good solid player and a guy I can live with but we could still use an upgrade if possible. Maybe Euhus will be that guy over time.

I don't understand the love affair with Baker. He hasn't overly impressed me enough to get excited. He's been burned a few times for deep plays. One that comes to mind was against the Raiders on 3rd and a mile when he made himself look like a fool on a 40 yard TD pass. It doesn't hurt to play him and give him a shot(like we are) though. Prioleau and Reese have already shown they're not the answer and never will be.

If Baker plays good the rest of the season then lets give him another shot next year. If he's just average I'd like to use our 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for a possible upgrade if one valued high enough was available at that time.

Opinions on other young players...

McGee- A good playmaker and has the tools to be a great KR weapon for us. He has flaws as a starting CB though. He has been a liability at times and we could definitely use an upgrade if the chance comes along next season. He makes a great Nickel back but not good enough to be on the island.

Peters- I don't think this guy will amount to anything. He's dumber then a pile of rocks. Although if used correctly he could be useful for a trick play when he's lined up as a blocker. He will never be a starter in this league though.

Greer- Just another dime a dozen Dime CB. Nothing special and could easily be replaced if needed.

Fast Freddie- Looked great the last 2 weeks in PR duties and if he stays there and is nowhere close to the field as a WR I'd be even more pleased.

Aiken- All hype by some Bills fans. Nothing more then another 3rd or 4th WR. There are plenty of Sam Aikens around this league. He's good enough to warrant a low tender when his time comes by as a restricted FA but would never get a long term deal unless it was very cheap with a low signing bonus. Hell he only has 6 receptions all season.

Evans- The guy has shown flashes at time but I don't think he'll ever be more then a #2 speed threat in this league. He will never be the #1 guy to carry the load.

Anderson- Has this guy even been active? What a waste of a 3rd round pick this might end up being.

Mad Bomber
11-27-2004, 12:43 PM
j.p. losman and Uyi Osunde

:rofl:

Kelsay - looks like he's starting to get a clue
Edwards - the big guy is getting it done
Freddie (I was ready to kill him after the first game, but in the last two he's been great)
Peters?...is it too soon to tell?

Michael82
11-27-2004, 02:39 PM
I think Sam Aiken might develop into a real stud reciever one day.
I knew I wasn't the only one. IMO, he's the future replacement for Eric Moulds. :pray:

:dance: