PDA

View Full Version : Now aren't you glad that we didn't trade for Henson

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-26-2004, 12:14 AM
BILLS did the right thing trading for J.P. Losman and not Drew Henson he's terrible he was 4/12 and he sat the bench in the second 1/2 after he threw a terrible interception to R.W. McQuarters (what a terrible pass) Drew Henson will be the next Ryan Leaf in the NFL I guarantee it!!!
He couldn't cut it in MLB and he won't cut it in the NFL!!! :clap: :funny: :loser: :roflmao:

Demon
11-26-2004, 12:18 AM
BILLS did the right thing trading for J.P. Losman and not Drew Henson he's terrible he was 4/12 and he sat the bench in the second 1/2 after he threw a terrible interception to R.W. McQuarters (what a terrible pass) Drew Henson will be the next Ryan Leaf in the NFL I guarantee it!!!

I agree with you, i'd prefer Losman over Henson, but to play devils advocate, how is it fair to pick on a QB who played last week (at one point went 6 for 6 and a TD) and before then he didn't play in like 4 years, when our QB comes to play in New England, gets 5 plays and gets 2 turnovers out of those 5 plays.

If you just wanna judge both players ONLY BASED on what we've seen so far, neither guy will ever lead his team to the playoffs. However, i think Losman will be a solid NFL qb, but i think Henson, has a career in the NFL also. He might not be a star, but i think he'll be good enough to remain a starter for years.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2004, 05:32 AM

the Bills DIDN'T do the right thing trading for losman.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2004, 06:57 AM
It is pathologically premature to write off either Henson or Losman this early in their careers.

cordog
11-26-2004, 07:06 AM

I love how people can write off two young talented guys on 20 throws between the both of them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah, Henson did look like Losman yesterday.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm glad we didn't have a chance at Eli or Rivers, either. Jeez, those guys really suck.

Philagape
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Yes, I hereby declare that Losman and Henson will be putrid busts for the rest of their careers. I don't need to see any more of them. What they do now is entirely indicative of anything they will ever do. What I've seen is enough. It's time for judgment.

:rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
11-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, I hereby declare that Losman and Henson will be putrid busts for the rest of their careers. I don't need to see any more of them. What they do now is entirely indicative of anything they will ever do. What I've seen is enough. It's time for judgment.

:rolleyes:
I believe that Eli Manning should be consigned to your scrap heap of putrid busts as well, based on his insipid one game career.

finsrclowns
11-26-2004, 11:02 AM
FACT 1: Other than Ben Roethlisberger, who has a top 5 OL, a top 5 set of WR's, a top 5 D and whose team runs 2/3 of the time, and Dan Marino, I can't think of one single example of a rookie QB who did not struggle in his first season, never mind first half of play. Over 20+ years what does that make the odds of immediate success? In fact, it usually takes 3 years before an NFL QB blossoms. To make proclamations about Drew Henson after 1/2 of one game, especially since he only played a year and a half in college as a starter and hasn't played at all in almost 4 years is plain stupid.

Fact 2: The Bills did not pass on Henson because they did not like him as a player. In fact the Bills were the only team to send their HC, QB coach and GM to watch him work out. The reason the Bills passed on Henson was money, pure and simple. They did not want to pay him a ton this year to sit and watch, which up to now is what he's done in Dallas.

If this thread is any indication of the threads bashing Losman after a small sample of play (and I'm certain it is) fasten your seat belts boys and prepare to have your minds numbed. :shocked:

G. Host
11-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Fact 2: The Bills did not pass on Henson because they did not like him as a player. In fact the Bills were the only team to send their HC, QB coach and GM to watch him work out. The reason the Bills passed on Henson was money, pure and simple. They did not want to pay him a ton this year to sit and watch, which up to now is what he's done in Dallas.

Don't forget that Henson's agent is another primadonna like McGahee's demanding to paid as if he was a top player even though he did not show anything in NFL yet. The Bills may have decided that dealing with one primadonna was enough.

rtconner
11-26-2004, 11:53 AM
because Losman played so well in his first outing????

finsrclowns
11-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Don't forget that Henson's agent is another primadonna like McGahee's demanding to paid as if he was a top player even though he did not show anything in NFL yet. The Bills may have decided that dealing with one primadonna was enough.

The Bills knew pretty much what they were going to need to pay when they drafted McGahee. They also were well aware of the fact that he was a medical risk and that he wouldn't play for a year. The fact is that ALL draft picks have not shown anything in the NFL yet many are paid as if they are already stars. The difference between McGahee's deal and Henson's no-deal is the Bills found middle ground with McGahee and they couldn't with Henson. Bottom line? Rosenhaus is a pompous ass but IMO Henson's agent was worse, at least from the Bills standpoint.

SABURZFAN
11-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I love how people can write off two young talented guys on 20 throws between the both of them.

i wasn't writing them off.i just didn't agree with how we got him.

Kenny
11-26-2004, 10:39 PM
i wasn't writing them off.i just didn't agree with how we got him.
I felt the same way earlier in the season, when we were looking at a possible top5 pick in the upcoming draft.

But it looks like we're probably giving Dallas a pick somewhere between 10-20, and looking at the upcoming draft, I just dont see any QBs worth taking after Rodgers (who'll definately be a top10 pick). That and our definate need for a future QB for next season (can you imagine if Bledsoe was our starter again next season?) I really dont mind what we gave up for Losman.

SABURZFAN
11-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I felt the same way earlier in the season, when we were looking at a possible top5 pick in the upcoming draft.

i wasn't happy at the draft party about it.i got Bufftp as my witness.

Liverpoolkev
11-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I agree with you, i'd prefer Losman over Henson, but to play devils advocate, how is it fair to pick on a QB who played last week (at one point went 6 for 6 and a TD) and before then he didn't play in like 4 years, when our QB comes to play in New England, gets 5 plays and gets 2 turnovers out of those 5 plays.

If you just wanna judge both players ONLY BASED on what we've seen so far, neither guy will ever lead his team to the playoffs. However, i think Losman will be a solid NFL qb, but i think Henson, has a career in the NFL also. He might not be a star, but i think he'll be good enough to remain a starter for years. The Difference is that Henson got to practice every day since training camp Losman did not. Henson knew that he was going to start that game and losman was threw in there the last 14 mmin of a losing game unaware that the Emergency QB would jump past the 2nd String and play.I for one is glad that Henson Is on the Cowboys that led to Quincy Carter getting released and 40 something Q.B. to replace him. They Cowboys is going down hill fast with our 1st round pick included. good place for it this will not hurt us at all.