PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Brown Out for the season

NapalmDeath
11-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Looks like Ruben is done for the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bears-browns&prov=ap&type=lgns

finsrclowns
11-26-2004, 01:15 PM
You'd have a sore neck too if you kept having to whip your neck around quick after another DL ran by you! :jk:

The King
11-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Its too bad to see that happen... Ruben was a decent player who mistakes were correctable.... to bad he's an ass.

The_Philster
11-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Its too bad to see that happen... Ruben was a decent player who mistakes were correctable.... to bad he's an ass.
:huh: He helped out the community as much as any Bill ever has...how is he an ass?

solomon100
11-26-2004, 07:10 PM
:huh: He helped out the community as much as any Bill ever has...how is he an ass?

I could not agree with you more-- Rueben was a good guy and he is still a good guy who I am sure is helping people outside of football in his local community.. sometimes these talk radio shows try their damndest to run a guy out of town with B.S. -- So what if tom donahoe and greg williams did not like rueben. It does not mean he is a bad guy.. you want to talk about stiffs ?? look at mike pucillo ...............ugh

Dozerdog
11-26-2004, 07:22 PM
I could not agree with you more-- Rueben was a good guy and he is still a good guy who I am sure is helping people outside of football in his local community.. sometimes these talk radio shows try their damndest to run a guy out of town with B.S. -- So what if tom donahoe and greg williams did not like rueben. It does not mean he is a bad guy.. you want to talk about stiffs ?? look at mike pucillo ...............ugh
Ruben was an excellent player for Buffalo.And an excellent person, too...

Unfortunately, his skills diminished while his salary cap burden grew- It was time to move on.

NapalmDeath
11-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Ruben may have been overated as a player, but all the things that he had done for the community, that truly makes him a great man.

G. Host
11-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Ruben Brown was a great example of how a football player ought to act off the field and expressed the same disgust with GW's and Gilbride's game plan many of us showed. He ought to thanked for his play by Bills fans not reviled by them.

juice
11-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Ruben Brown was a great example of how a football player ought to act off the field and expressed the same disgust with GW's and Gilbride's game plan many of us showed. He ought to thanked for his play by Bills fans not reviled by them.That expression of disgust turned Ruben into last years scapegoat.

G. Host
11-26-2004, 10:04 PM
That expression of disgust turned Ruben into last years scapegoat.
That is what happened IMO as well. Too bad Chuck Dickerson did get a position as head coach of a new team so all of his moron disciples and their decendants could jump bandwagons.

Tatonka
11-26-2004, 11:55 PM
so would he still be making buffalo's line better on IR?

G. Host
11-27-2004, 12:21 AM

You know there would be no guarentee he would be IR if he still played for Buffalo. It is not like it was pre-existing injury.

NapalmDeath
11-27-2004, 02:57 AM

Back on 9/12 ... I say yes. He would have made this OL better. Especially since he essentially (Spelling) lost his job not only because of the cap, but because of..... (Fill in the Blank)

Yes the OL is playing better but isn't kinda pathetic that a reserve DL plays better than the starting LG? (Bannan over Smith)

Plus look at this way, Ruben Brown is not on the the team. I was sad to see him go. But however, Coy Wire is.

So, Is Coy Wire making Buffalo's D better NOT on IR?

The King
11-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey guys being from Boston, I wasnt aware that Ruben was a good guy... I saw him in the united way commercial but that is about as far as it went.

I just had a thought... we should get that fat sweaty guy ruben from american idol to play OL.

Tatonka
11-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Back on 9/12 ... I say yes. He would have made this OL better. Especially since he essentially (Spelling) lost his job not only because of the cap, but because of..... (Fill in the Blank)

Yes the OL is playing better but isn't kinda pathetic that a reserve DL plays better than the starting LG? (Bannan over Smith)

Plus look at this way, Ruben Brown is not on the the team. I was sad to see him go. But however, Coy Wire is.

So, Is Coy Wire making Buffalo's D better NOT on IR?

what in gods name does coy wire have to do with this thread about ruben brown?

PUCKER
11-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey guys being from Boston, I wasnt aware that Ruben was a good guy... I saw him in the united way commercial but that is about as far as it went.

I just had a thought... we should get that fat sweaty guy ruben from american idol to play OL.
:funny:

NapalmDeath
11-28-2004, 02:32 AM

Coy Wire has nothing to do with this thread. but neither does your post

Remember Ruben doesn't play for the Bills anymore?

colin
11-28-2004, 04:44 AM
i really thought that we cut ruben because we could get someone better, but that was for sure wrong.

juice was right, we should have kept him.

i think if he was here, and especially if Milloy was healthy to start the season (he is tearing it up and we are so freakin exposed without him back there) we would have won 2 or 3 more games and be sitting pretty for the play offs.

ruben alone should have made a 2 game diff (punching holes in the red zone and keeping our line togther a bit) because we have been so close.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-28-2004, 06:00 AM

Why do some of you guys always say things like this. If a guy, especially a rookie gets hurt, you say something like, good thing we didn't take that guy. How in the world do you know the guy would have gotten hurt in Buffalo?

SABURZFAN
11-28-2004, 06:19 AM
to bad he's an ass.

that's a neg rep. :mad:

:snicker:

SABURZFAN
11-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Ruben may have been overated as a player, but all the things that he had done for the community, that truly makes him a great man.

that gets a pos rep. :up:

SABURZFAN
11-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Too bad Chuck Dickerson did get a position as head coach of a new team so all of his moron disciples and their decendants could jump bandwagons.

WHO?????? :huh:

Dozerdog
11-28-2004, 08:46 AM
WHO?????? :huh:
Ex Bills coach during the early Levy era who got fired (Remember the Bickering Bills?) then made an ass out of himself for the next 10 years on WGR-55 being an ill- informed inflamitory sports talk show host.

Dozerdog
11-28-2004, 08:51 AM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/RubenBrown5013.jpg

juice
11-28-2004, 09:22 AM
juice was right, we should have kept him.

ruben alone should have made a 2 game diff (punching holes in the red zone and keeping our line togther a bit) because we have been so close.TD was dead wrong for cutting the Line Captain without addressing the position via the draft or Free Agency.. He knew he had a Pocket passer who lacked mobility, why wouldn't he field a Line that could create a Pocket? Pussillo and L. Smith should be no higer on the depth chart than a 2nd option.

The two game difference that Brown would have made would have put this team at .500 and in prime position for a second half run at the Playoffs.. The Two headed beast of TH and WM would have been an effective Combo during the season instead of a season long distraction.

SABURZFAN
11-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Ex Bills coach during the early Levy era who got fired (Remember the Bickering Bills?) then made an ass out of himself for the next 10 years on WGR-55 being an ill- informed inflamitory sports talk show host.

i was being sarcastic.i remember hearing "Coach" a couple times when i was back in buffalo.i was like,"who the hell is this know-nothing?"

The_Philster
11-29-2004, 12:06 PM
i was being sarcastic.i remember hearing "Coach" a couple times when i was back in buffalo.i was like,"who the hell is this know-nothing?"
some idiot who procliamed himself some great fountain of football knowledge but when he was a defensive coordinator in college, let his team give up over 70 points to a team like Minnesota or something :snicker: