• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NapalmDeath
    • Aug 2004

Ruben Brown Out for the season

Looks like Ruben is done for the year.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

You'd have a sore neck too if you kept having to whip your neck around quick after another DL ran by you!
    finsrclowns

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Its too bad to see that happen... Ruben was a decent player who mistakes were correctable.... to bad he's an ass.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Its too bad to see that happen... Ruben was a decent player who mistakes were correctable.... to bad he's an ass.
        He helped out the community as much as any Bill ever has...how is he an ass?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• solomon100
          • Jan 2004

rueben brown

Originally posted by The_Philster
          He helped out the community as much as any Bill ever has...how is he an ass?

I could not agree with you more-- Rueben was a good guy and he is still a good guy who I am sure is helping people outside of football in his local community.. sometimes these talk radio shows try their damndest to run a guy out of town with B.S. -- So what if tom donahoe and greg williams did not like rueben. It does not mean he is a bad guy.. you want to talk about stiffs ?? look at mike pucillo ...............ugh

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by solomon100
            I could not agree with you more-- Rueben was a good guy and he is still a good guy who I am sure is helping people outside of football in his local community.. sometimes these talk radio shows try their damndest to run a guy out of town with B.S. -- So what if tom donahoe and greg williams did not like rueben. It does not mean he is a bad guy.. you want to talk about stiffs ?? look at mike pucillo ...............ugh
            Ruben was an excellent player for Buffalo.And an excellent person, too...

Unfortunately, his skills diminished while his salary cap burden grew- It was time to move on.

Comment

• NapalmDeath
              • Aug 2004

Ruben may have been overated as a player, but all the things that he had done for the community, that truly makes him a great man.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Ruben Brown was a great example of how a football player ought to act off the field and expressed the same disgust with GW's and Gilbride's game plan many of us showed. He ought to thanked for his play by Bills fans not reviled by them.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                  Ruben Brown was a great example of how a football player ought to act off the field and expressed the same disgust with GW's and Gilbride's game plan many of us showed. He ought to thanked for his play by Bills fans not reviled by them.
                  That expression of disgust turned Ruben into last years scapegoat.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                    That expression of disgust turned Ruben into last years scapegoat.
                    That is what happened IMO as well. Too bad Chuck Dickerson did get a position as head coach of a new team so all of his moron disciples and their decendants could jump bandwagons.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

so would he still be making buffalo's line better on IR?
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        You know there would be no guarentee he would be IR if he still played for Buffalo. It is not like it was pre-existing injury.

Comment

• NapalmDeath
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka

Back on 9/12 ... I say yes. He would have made this OL better. Especially since he essentially (Spelling) lost his job not only because of the cap, but because of..... (Fill in the Blank)

Yes the OL is playing better but isn't kinda pathetic that a reserve DL plays better than the starting LG? (Bannan over Smith)

Plus look at this way, Ruben Brown is not on the the team. I was sad to see him go. But however, Coy Wire is.

So, Is Coy Wire making Buffalo's D better NOT on IR?
                          Last edited by NapalmDeath; 11-27-2004, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Hey guys being from Boston, I wasnt aware that Ruben was a good guy... I saw him in the united way commercial but that is about as far as it went.

I just had a thought... we should get that fat sweaty guy ruben from american idol to play OL.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
                              Back on 9/12 ... I say yes. He would have made this OL better. Especially since he essentially (Spelling) lost his job not only because of the cap, but because of..... (Fill in the Blank)

Yes the OL is playing better but isn't kinda pathetic that a reserve DL plays better than the starting LG? (Bannan over Smith)

Plus look at this way, Ruben Brown is not on the the team. I was sad to see him go. But however, Coy Wire is.

So, Is Coy Wire making Buffalo's D better NOT on IR?
                              what in gods name does coy wire have to do with this thread about ruben brown?
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X