PDA

View Full Version : I don't see Bledsoe in Buffalo next year if....

DB1111
11-26-2004, 10:44 PM
IF the team tells Drew that Losman is the starter for 2005 I do not see Drew staying in Buffalo as the #2 Qb... I feel he will ask to be traded or released..

Agree or Disagree??

BillsFever21
11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
He would never play as a #2(at least in Buffalo).

Although 80% of the world knows he's a washed up pile of dung I doubt his pride or ego would make himself realize he is.

If he did accept a backup role it would be with another team and not in Buffalo. Most players have to much pride to take a demotion with the team they were starting for. The only circumstances to change that is if they played there for years and knew they couldn't be a starter anywhere else it would be easier for them to accept a backup role. He's only been here 3 years. I doubt he has any diehard love for this franchise to accept a role like that.

No matter what the point is mute with the salary he's due next year. There's no way you pay a backup QB 6 million dollars to hold a clipboard. The highest paycut you're allowed to accept in the NFL is around 30% which means he'd still be making 3-4 million dollars which is still too much. If he's not the starter there is no chance he would be back.

BillsFever21
11-26-2004, 11:16 PM
One more thing to say on this subject...

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell we could ever trade Bledsoe. No team in their right minds would trade for a 33 year old QB who gets worse every year with the money he's due.

Donahoe made a HUGE mistake paying him that kind of money in a contract extension. Does anyone really think Bledsoe has earned the 8.5 million dollars he's gonna make this year or the 5+ million he's due over the next couple years of that contract?

We could've let this season play out and then dump him afterwards without a sliver of a salary cap hit. Now if we release him after this year we will have 4 million in dead money.

G. Host
11-26-2004, 11:24 PM
No matter what the point is mute with the salary he's due next year. There's no way you pay a backup QB 6 million dollars to hold a clipboard. The highest paycut you're allowed to accept in the NFL is around 30% which means he'd still be making 3-4 million dollars which is still too much. If he's not the starter there is no chance he would be back.

There is no such rule. There used to be such a rule in the old days but not now. There is the cap impact but this is a better question for Clump in Bills Salary Cap Zone.

I think Drew has made many connections via his foundation in Buffalo and at training camp in Rochester so may be inclined to stay IF he thinks he will be treated as a "elder spokesman" rather than as a leech.

Jayhawk
11-27-2004, 06:46 AM
thou there are always GM's looking to reserect players careers.

The King
11-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Dallas. No doubt in my mind Parcells goes after Drew... Parcells is a loyalty guy, and why Drew wasnt the happiest guy playing for him early on in his career I think Bill will be the only guy who gives him the opportunity to start. No matter what though wherever Drew goes there is going to be some kind of loyalty involved. If Drew goes to Dallas there is no doubt in my mind he will have a banner year. With 2 1st round picks Parcells can bring in some beef to support him. He has a good TE in Witten he re-unites with Glenn and they have a monster fullback and a 2nd year RB in Jones. Sounds to me like the same recipe the 96 Pats superbowl team was made of.

On another note. If Drew carries us into the playoffs how do you feel then? Do we still bring in the rook?

Jayhawk
11-27-2004, 07:23 AM
yup, one playoff run in my mind can't make up for the crap that we have gone throught

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-27-2004, 07:36 AM
I will say the Bills are going to have Drew back as there starter.

Michael82
11-27-2004, 10:30 AM
OMG, Cynical and the other Drew Haters would die if that happened. :snicker:

BAM
11-27-2004, 10:33 AM

I see that happening too. The few games he has been good in this year should be enough to keep him around for another year.

G. Host
11-27-2004, 10:44 AM
OMG, Cynical and the other Drew Haters would die if that happened. :snicker:

And the bad thing about that? :question:
A moderator can just copy an old post and repeat it; no one will notice difference.

The King
11-27-2004, 10:45 AM
The guy has proved he can operate this system and he was not at fault for the losses in our first couple of games. But the rest of the season will determine his fate.

He will restructure again too I bet if it allows us to bring in a solid line

zone
11-27-2004, 10:55 AM
yup, one playoff run in my mind can't make up for the crap that we have gone throught
You guys are smoking crack rocks if you think that if we make the playoffs drew will not be the starter next year. As long ass he plays to the same level the rest of the team is playing he will most likely be the starter in buffalo next year 10-6, 9-7, and maybee even 8-8 will grant him the nod. You guys think Eric will sit the bench because he has sucked big time this year? no he will get it worked out and keep playing, guys like drew will start until they decide they are done starting. He would never in a million years be a 2nd string qb.

TigerJ
11-27-2004, 11:25 AM
1. I don't think Drew will stay if he's not the starter.
2. I really can't read the thoughts of the Bills regarding Drew and next season, but I don't think he'll have the job handed to him without a competition between JP and Drew in preseason.
3. I think Buffalo probably can game plan to help Drew be effective against most opponents. I'm not sure they can versus the Patriots. The problem, of course is that the Patriots are on the schedule twice every year. I fear the Patriots will always stand between Buffalo and a division tile as long as Drew is the QB. That is intolerable IMHO, and I hope the Bills see things my way on that one.

Jayhawk
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
good points

The King
11-27-2004, 11:57 AM
1. I don't think Drew will stay if he's not the starter.
2. I really can't read the thoughts of the Bills regarding Drew and next season, but I don't think he'll have the job handed to him without a competition between JP and Drew in preseason.
3. I think Buffalo probably can game plan to help Drew be effective against most opponents. I'm not sure they can versus the Patriots. The problem, of course is that the Patriots are on the schedule twice every year. I fear the Patriots will always stand between Buffalo and a division tile as long as Drew is the QB. That is intolerable IMHO, and I hope the Bills see things my way on that one.

I agree....but my problem with the Patriots is coaching. They beat you because they are smarter... Mularkeys game plan vs the Pats the 2nd time was atrocious you will never beat them playing football that way.
But had Travis moved his monkey ass 2 yards foward in the first game there is a good chance we would be sitting 1-1. So I dont think its a given by anymeans.

The Predator
11-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Bledsoe Is Done In Buffalo.. His Days Are Numbered.. He-Is-Gone!!!

This Is The End Of Drew Bledsoe's Career As a Starter.

IMO, No Other Team In The NFL Would Start Bledsoe, I Don't Think Any Other Team Wants Bledsoe In the First Place.

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>04

colin
11-27-2004, 11:39 PM
i don't think the Bills or many fans feel JP is ready to start next year on day one.

i don't think bledsoe is anywhere near viable as a QB with his salary.

I think the bills will be in a very good position to ask drew to take a pay cut next year:
1 they stood by him
2 they can cut his ass and he knows it
3 he likes it here
4 he won't make much money elsewhere
5 him taking a cut and restructuring will allow us to get some good linemen and i think he wants us to win.

bottom line is we need a vet QB in here next season, drew brees might be a great pick up for us, but he will cost and WTF do we do with Losman? if losman needs more time we should give him more time, and drew closes out the season strong then we might want him back.

also, moulds resturcturing might let us bring in 2 or 3 O line studs, with our WRs, Running with MCgahee, and our D and special teams we might be pretty kick ass.

PUCKER
11-28-2004, 01:01 AM
He wont stay as a #2 here. I just dont see it.

DB1111
11-28-2004, 08:28 AM
He wont stay as a #2 here. I just dont see it.

No way...He will demand a release or trade first....

FTG
11-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Just wait until he drops another road bomb today. The talk of Bledsoe starting here next year will end again

Dozerdog
11-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I can see Bledsoe backing up Losman for 1 season. Beyond that though would be tough. He might even be effective in spots off the bench. It all depends on what veterans would be available. If you could get a veteran with a lot of quality starting experience somewhat cheap- like Tommy Maddox- then I'd say sayanora Drew.

Matthews is a vet - but I don't see him as the go-to guy if Losman flops or gets hurt again. Matthews is a good short term backup

G. Host
11-28-2004, 10:04 AM
The problem with Matthews is he has been shown ineffective during 2nd half of season when weather was bad which is why I wish we signed him post Game 1 so he could be cut when weather was bad. Bills might have too if Vincent had not injured Losman.

illusionone
11-28-2004, 10:41 AM
The problem with Matthews is he has been shown ineffective during 2nd half of season when weather was bad which is why I wish we signed him post Game 1 so he could be cut when weather was bad. Bills might have too if Vincent had not injured Losman.

1. Bledsoe hasn't shown to be a great QB in the 2nd half
2. Vincent barley touched Losman, It wasn't his fault
3. I don't envision Bledsoe playing back up anywhere. I don't think he would accept that role. I see him being a great QB coach though