• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fushetti
    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
    • Feb 2003

ESPN.com article on the lockout affecting Buffalo

Two years ago, people wondered if Buffalo could support an NHL team. Turns out the city needs an NHL team.
    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

I HATE LOCKOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• Myers57
          Registered User and McLovin stunt double
          • Sep 2003

Thanks for the article link, it is now a source in my Senior Thesis!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

I can't get into the article because espn.com is banned from my office system, but I can imagine the impact it is having around the NHL cities. I also heard somone say something about the players that were playing in Europe that now are out of jobs because NHL players have taken theirs. NHLPA, get your heads out of your arses.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
              I can't get into the article because espn.com is banned from my office system, but I can imagine the impact it is having around the NHL cities. I also heard somone say something about the players that were playing in Europe that now are out of jobs because NHL players have taken theirs. NHLPA, get your heads out of your arses.
              I'd like to inform the author that the terrible things he wrote about schools, cops, firehouse, etc only affect the people living in the city for the most part.

Funny, he interviewed Marc Coppola...his father was part of the problem and so is he...I like how they make $50 a night sound like a life-saver...

but in reality...where are all those folks who say that pro sports doesn't impact the local ecomony??
              Last edited by Ebenezer; 11-29-2004, 11:44 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                • Feb 2003

Depressing
                "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                X