PDA

View Full Version : Scoring Issues?

WG
11-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Apart from putting up only 63 offensive points over the last 4 games, we have only managed to put up 13 offensive points in the second halves of the last 4 games with 10 of those having been in the Lions game.

Why?

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-17-2002, 11:55 PM
Ever since the Raiders game our offense has been on a downward spiral. Whether it's Drew, the WR's, coaches or whatever else there has to be a reason.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 04:51 AM
Maybe Gilbride is running out of ideas and is becoming more predictable. Fewer half-time adjustments and the opposition is able to handle what he throws at them easier.

DIHARD2
11-18-2002, 06:28 AM
What I heard was a game that the luck falling in wrong direction decided the game it was anybody's game.

The fact is our defense shut down a high-powered offense.

Although we didn't win the game because we could not score a touchdown when we were in the red zone. Could that have been because the other team defense came to play, or poor play calling, or possibly poor execution by the offense? I would have to say it was a little of each when we were in the red zone. Again I didn't see the game I only listen to it, so I'm going on what I heard.

We still have issues with discipline, but this is a young team on average and mental mistakes unfortunately are part of the game of a young team. Although four calls were questionable, the other 10 were not, and those are the ones we need to address.

The question was asked by wys last week; " what was needed for this team to beat the Chiefs?" My answer last week was that the young players had to come out after being demoralized the week before by New England. Also I stated that we cannot give up first downs to the Chiefs, through penalties, like we have in the past.

I believe half of that, was answered. This young team came out and play like you would expect a future Super Bowl team would. The fact that an embarrassing game did not demoralized them. Unfortunately they still haven't figured out how not to give up important field position through stupid penalties.

I believe in time that will be corrected through replacement of certain players, and experience by others. This won't be corrected totally until next off-season.

Replacing the coaching; I myself am still question that decision. Only because, either way we're going to lose another season it will take one season for the players to adjust to a new coach.

But using that philosophy, is it worth keeping the coaching staff we have, and possibly losing the two season because of poor coaching? I'm glad I don't have to make that decision this off-season.

Again, is the cup half full or half empty? I live by the half full philosophy.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Typ0
11-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Because Gilbride is not a good coach. When we were having success in the red zone we got down there and ran the ball. Now we get down there and throw three incomplete passes and kick a field goal. You figure it out.

SABURZFAN
11-18-2002, 07:18 AM
the playcalling has been horrible.our coaches suck.last week,i was giving gilbride the benefit of the doubt.now,i'm more sure that he has to go with the rest of these clowns.what the hell are we doing throwing the ball to look for a quick 6 when we're near midfield and under 4 minutes?if we're going to throw the ball,wouldn't slant passes be more effective? our WR corp is athetic enough to turn a 5 yard slant pass into 10-12 yards.i'm not saying that it'll happen every time but KC's defense is not a top defensive unit.wasn't henry getting 5 yards a carry?has the coaching staff lost confidence in hollis??has the coaching staff lost confidence in the OL in the Red Zone?this coaching staff has raised a lot of questions and when they attempt to answer for their actions,they raise even more questions.