• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Maddox injured as Steelers fall to Titans

The Pittsburgh Steelers went home looking for answers, relieved that quarterback Tommy Maddox could move his arms and legs Sunday after being taken off the field in an ambulance.

In a 31-23 loss to Tennessee, Maddox was tripped up by safety Lance Schulters and tossed the ball to Antwaan Randle El as he fell forward. Linebacker Keith Bulluck hit Maddox's shoulder with his forearm, and Maddox rolled onto his head and did not move.

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • Jaded 7
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

I saw him go down yesterday. It was just awful! At first it didn't look that serious but he was on the field for 15 minutes! And when they drove the ambulance onto the field, you knew it was bad. If you hear of any updates on his condition, please post them. I pray he's going to be okay.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Any update? They were vague on NFL Primetime.

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

I watched that last night too, BF1 and I was surprised that they didn't talk much about it. I'm sure we'll hear something today.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaded 7
          I watched that last night too, BF1 and I was surprised that they didn't talk much about it. I'm sure we'll hear something today.
          I was dissapointed to see that the McNabb anckle injury was bigger news on the show.

As of last night, they did say that the team, hospital and his family have not yet issued any more news.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanOne

I was dissapointed to see that the McNabb anckle injury was bigger news on the show.

As of last night, they did say that the team, hospital and his family have not yet issued any more news.
            That's the downfall of the media....McNabb is the bigger star so they put more focus on him...even when he doesn't necessarily need it. Sure, he's done for the season, but it wasn't life-threatening or anything like that of Maddox.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Did you ever stop to consider the McNabb story is bigger because:

1) They really aren't sure of the extent of the Maddox injury.

2) He may play this week.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                • Jul 2002

-- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox is out of the hospital, fully recovered in less than two days from a spinal cord injury that easily could have been much worse.

How long it takes him to get over the emotional stress of the scary experience may determine how quickly he returns -- and how well he plays once he does.

The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  • Jul 2002

Maddox won't play under any circumstances

Tommy Maddox will likely return to the sidelines, but Steelers fans shouldn't expect much else.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher said the quarterback will be in uniform Sunday vs. the Bengals, but under no circumstances will Maddox play, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Friday.

Charlie Batch will back up starter Kordell Stewart, while Antwaan Randle-El will serve as the emergency quarterback.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher said the quarterback will be in uniform Sunday vs. the Bengals, but under no ircumstances will Tommy Maddox play.

Comment

Working...
                  X