PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to love the coaching staff

Crisis
11-28-2004, 07:29 PM
I love all the mis-guided plays, going for it on 4th, nice to know the guys on the sideline have a pair!

Coaching staff is definately progressing as the year goes on! Can't wait to see what we do the rest of the year.

Mad Bomber
11-28-2004, 07:37 PM
I love all the mis-guided plays, going for it on 4th, nice to know the guys on the sideline have a pair!

Coaching staff is definately progressing as the year goes on! Can't wait to see what we do the rest of the year.

:up: Do you mean misdirection?

Misguided is what we got last year from Killdrive (e.g. passing in almost all 3rd and short situations, etc.)

Jeff1220
11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I liked it too. The play caling today wasn't just cutesy trick plays - they were creative and used at the right moments. Good game planning today. Had it not been for the 3 ints (execution), it would've been even better.

colin
11-28-2004, 07:46 PM
our special teams, Drew not totally losing it, mcgahee and our o line being more solid, sam adams deciding to play great after the coaches had to put the foot down, and the great bounce back(s) from the NE and Balt losses make me think we are staffing soem sharp guys.

all we seem to be doing in our wins is getting the ball in a good position (D and special teams) scoring often enough when we are near the red zone, holding the ball for a while, and shutting down the opponent for at least most of the game.

this all points to a stout football team and a sold coaching staff, wich are the reasons teams like NE win superbowls and more spectacular teams like Indy fall apart in the play offs every year.

Demon
11-28-2004, 07:49 PM
I definetly like Mularkey. It took time for him to put Willis in, it took time for the line to get better, but i like what i see. And i LOVE Bobby April!!!!

Like i said in a different thread, playoffs or not, i'm still looking into next season with my head up high and very positive!

FTG
11-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I would not say love just yet but they seem to be getting better each week.

FTG
11-28-2004, 07:54 PM
The only question I had about the fake sneak was the timing. I would have saved a great play like that for when we really needed it in a close game......not when we were already up by 3 TD's

Mad Bomber
11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
I would not say love just yet but they seem to be getting better each week.

Which is something that couldn't be said during the GW years...

FTG
11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Which is something that couldn't be said during the GW years...
Very true. MM seems to learn from his mistakes. Thats all you can ask

FTG
11-28-2004, 08:02 PM
..............and for the most part he has cleaned up the moronic penalties that were killing us earlier in the year