PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit, I'm cautiously optimistic for this team...

OpIv37
11-28-2004, 08:46 PM
5-2 after the 0-4 start. A huge road victory. Best ST in the NFL, great D even with injuries in the secondary, and rookie skill players who are developing nicely. Don't get me wrong- the Bills are still several steps away from the Pats/Eagles/Steelers level and I don't expect them to be 10-1 at this point next year. What I'm saying is that the pieces are finally falling into place. Donahoe has made some bad decisions, but it's starting to look like he made some good ones as well.

The Bills have let me down too many times in the past to get my hopes up, but I can't shake the feeling that the last few games are a sign of good things to come.

FTG
11-28-2004, 08:53 PM
They finally got over the hump of winning on the road and against a decent(although overated) team IMO. That gives me hope they may have turned the corner.

OpIv37
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
They finally got over the hump of winning on the road and against a decent(although overated) team IMO. That gives me hope they may have turned the corner.

Miami will be a big test next week- I'm sure the D will play well against Miami's crippled O. But I'm really curious to see if Drew and company can play well on the road two consecutive weeks, especially against a division opponent with a quality D. Miami had 8 sacks today.

helmetguy
11-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Miami had 8 sacks against an offense even worse than their own. Their defense has gone from very good to numbingly ordinary. The best thing about today's game was that, in spite of mistakes, the Bills didn't panic. The team, as an entire entity, is maturing under Mularkey.

TigerJ
11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
A bad offence will make a defense look worse than it really is because the bad offence puts the ball in the hands of the other team so much of the time. With more possessions, the yardage adds up and eventually the defense wears down.

Mad Bomber
11-29-2004, 06:46 AM
A bad offence will make a defense look worse than it really is because the bad offence puts the ball in the hands of the other team so much of the time. With more possessions, the yardage adds up and eventually the defense wears down.

That's what's going to happen to the fins next week, especially against our D! :gobills: