PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be fixed this offseason?

Pride
11-18-2002, 07:15 AM
After this season is over, no matter how it turns out. Which of the 3 do we need to fix?

Changes in Coaching Staff?
Dramatically Better Defensive Personnel?
Simply tweak the D and scrap the 46?

SABURZFAN
11-18-2002, 07:28 AM
all of the above.

i voted to get rid of these so-called coaches.

Voltron
11-18-2002, 07:39 AM
I say all the above but I am not crazy about getting rid of coaches yet. We have already improved from last year. I say GW get at least 1 more year. Gray should go. Gilbride needs to learn when to run and when to pass. You think after the amount of time in the league he has had he would figure that out.

Our D needs some serious upgrades at DT and LB along with CB. So many needs and so little draft picks. I hope we utilize the Cap as well as last year.

casdhf
11-18-2002, 08:24 AM
We need better players. Ron Edwards is a bum. Eddie Robinson couldn't stop a run play if we told him where the hole would be. Schobel is better as a pass rusher, and neither end can get pressure more than 3 times a game.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 03:43 PM
All of the above.
Some of the coaches have no clue what they are doing and we're already losing John Levra next year to retirement.
We need a WLB and an UT at least as an improvement over what we have.
2 years in the 46 and they still don't get it. Put in an easier-to-learn system with solid players and we'll do much better, IMO.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Keep Gilbride, the rest of the offense coaches and the Special teams coach.

Get rid of every coach that has anything to do with the defense. And since this is Gregg Williams 46 defense get rid of him too.

Not only is he a poor head coach, the 46 Defense he brought with him is terrible. The only team that comes to mind that won a Super Bowl using the 46 is the Bears.

TigerJ
11-18-2002, 09:58 PM
I didn't vote. It's not possible to dramatically improve players across the defence, though that is the closest to my choice. I agree we need a WLB, probably more than anything else. Second, I think we need a free safety with more size and some natural pass coverage skills. Both of those can, I think, be obtained in the draft. If we can pick up a solid DT in free agency, then we should do it. I don't know how feasible that is. Oakland signed John Parella and Sam Adams last offseason and has gotten inconsistent production out of them. I don't really know if there will be any can't miss free agent DTs out there. If you're not drafting in the first round the odds of finding a DT who can't miss and will be able to start as a rookie are just about nil.

Typ0
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM
What needs to be fixed this offseason?

All our games for next season. There is no bribery cap for the Refs...Ralph is going to have to just suck it up and outbid the rest of the league.

WG
11-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I didn't vote. It's not possible to dramatically improve players across the defence, though that is the closest to my choice. I agree we need a WLB, probably more than anything else. Second, I think we need a free safety with more size and some natural pass coverage skills. Both of those can, I think, be obtained in the draft. If we can pick up a solid DT in free agency, then we should do it. I don't know how feasible that is. Oakland signed John Parella and Sam Adams last offseason and has gotten inconsistent production out of them. I don't really know if there will be any can't miss free agent DTs out there. If you're not drafting in the first round the odds of finding a DT who can't miss and will be able to start as a rookie are just about nil.

Yeah, interesting you say that. This past season was a bonanza for DTs. On top of that, this year is supposed to be very weak in DTs. That's not good. So it looks like we're tied to what's available in FAcy.