PDA

View Full Version : how big were those games now..

Tatonka
11-29-2004, 12:36 AM
not that anyone thought the losses were not that big.. but i really wasnt thinking playoffs this year.. not with drew still here..

still..

the loss to jacksonville.. god.. what a killer.

the loss loss to baltimore.. all on drew.. but again.. what a difference that win would have made.

the loss to the jets on a last second fieldgoal.

the defense, while only giving up 13 and 16 points in those two games, really hurt us by not making the clutch stop when we needed it..

the offense hurt us by not getting more points.. you should not lose games that your defense gives up only 16 points..

oh well..

just sucks to think about now, because those 3 teams are killing us.. it could have been so different.

on the plus side.. i am really starting to get hopefull for next year.. and if this team can go 10-6, even if they dont make the playoffs.. that would be the best we have done in a long time.. hell i would be happy with 9-7.. which is where i think i picked them to finish this year.

and dallas can kiss our ass..

Iehoshua
11-29-2004, 12:39 AM
That's the great, or terrible thing (depending on perspective) about the NFL. All the games are ultra-important. Every single one. This team is a few plays away from sitting at least at 6-5. What can you do though?

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 12:43 AM
not that anyone thought the losses were not that big.. but i really wasnt thinking playoffs this year.. not with drew still here..

still..

the loss to jacksonville.. god.. what a killer.

the loss loss to baltimore.. all on drew.. but again.. what a difference that win would have made.

the loss to the jets on a last second fieldgoal.

the defense, while only giving up 13 and 16 points in those two games, really hurt us by not making the clutch stop when we needed it..

the offense hurt us by not getting more points.. you should not lose games that your defense gives up only 16 points..

oh well..

just sucks to think about now, because those 3 teams are killing us.. it could have been so different.

on the plus side.. i am really starting to get hopefull for next year.. and if this team can go 10-6, even if they dont make the playoffs.. that would be the best we have done in a long time.. hell i would be happy with 9-7.. which is where i think i picked them to finish this year.

and dallas can kiss our ass..

I agree. it's more important to finish this year strong and have some momentum for next year, especially since we don't have a 1st. You forgot about the Oakland game too -- damnit Henry...what a killer

The Predator
11-29-2004, 12:52 AM
You should not lose games that your defense gives up only 16 points..
Amen!!!

clumping platelets
11-29-2004, 01:03 AM
They were......................HUGE! :(

Typ0
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
I knew the JAX game was a must win! Sure I was laughed at then...but I get to have an I told you so now ;)

Jan Reimers
11-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Not to mention the horror show at Oakland and the Keystone Kops routine which cost us a shot at beating the Pats at home. We could easily be 8-3 and on our way to the playoffs.

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Not to mention the horror show at Oakland and the Keystone Kops routine which cost us a shot at beating the Pats at home. We could easily be 8-3 and on our way to the playoffs.
It is the little things...Clements knocks down that ball against Jax, The refs don't blow the Henry TD against the Raiders or the def holds against the Jets and this team is at least 7-4. Funny how a few plays really do make the difference.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 09:38 AM
If we didn't hold when McGahee got us first & 10 with 2 minutes left on the Jax 20

If we got the Oakland score

If Henry doesnt trip on his shoelace vs the Pats

If we manage to stuff the Jets in the dying moments

We gave away the Baltimore game

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR................:madcloud:

Pride
11-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Just remember... the games we won, we had a few things going our way as well...

I can recall phantom penalties that helped us along... kept drives going... etc...

Good/Bad things happen to all teams... it is when you force the outcome of a game to hinge on 1 play that you DESERVE to lose!

We let the Jags hang around, we let the Jets hang around, we let the Raiders hang around... that is on the TEAM, not on a single play or player.

helmetguy
11-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Growing pains, maybe?

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 12:30 PM
How big were they then. Dropping the season opener is a sign of things to come, losing on the last play of the game just adds insult to injury, then losing to OAK at their opener. The year the Cowboys (92-93 I believe it was) went 0-2 was the first time a team lost it's first 2 games and made the playoffs.