PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what I love most about Willis?

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 12:48 AM
He's got the size and strength to grind out those tough 1 and 2 yd TD runs at the goal line, and the speed to get around the corner and pick up the big yards (and the hops to jump over CBs trying to take him down). Ahhhhh I can't wait to see him and his 100% knee tear up the NFL next year!

Michael82
11-29-2004, 09:56 AM
He's got the size and strength to grind out those tough 1 and 2 yd TD runs at the goal line, and the speed to get around the corner and pick up the big yards (and the hops to jump over CBs trying to take him down). Ahhhhh I can't wait to see him and his 100% knee tear up the NFL next year!
:drool:

Jayhawk
11-29-2004, 09:57 AM
defensive coordinators are just hoping that the knee doesn't come back.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 10:02 AM
I am so glad we have a GM who is patient and does not crumble to fan pressure.

We could have picked up an average DL or OL and improved a unit slightly in the 2002 draft- but instead we got a back with a huge upside.

Always draft the best guy available. If the #1 hole on your team means drafting the 15th best guy left available - then guess what- you pick the top guy available and fill the hole some other way.

Drafting average talent to fill a hole on your team means you end up with average talent on your roster.

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Ahhhhh I can't wait to see him and his 100% knee tear up the NFL next year!

Personally, I would prefer not to see those two words in the same sentence regarding Willis.

EDS
11-29-2004, 10:13 AM
I am so glad we have a GM who is patient and does not crumble to fan pressure.

We could have picked up an average DL or OL and improved a unit slightly in the 2002 draft- but instead we got a back with a huge upside.

Always draft the best guy available. If the #1 hole on your team means drafting the 15th best guy left available - then guess what- you pick the top guy available and fill the hole some other way.

Drafting average talent to fill a hole on your team means you end up with average talent on your roster.

I agree completely. TD took a huge risk picking McGahee and deserves any accolades he gets from that pick. When you think about it, that pick saves his job. If McGahee can regain some of the pre-injury explosion to go along with the power he has shown this season, then he will be one of the premiere backs in the league. It took Edgerin James 2 season to come all the way back so I am hopeful that the same will be true with Willis.