PDA

View Full Version : Ingtar: struggles with a bum back

Ingtar33
11-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Heh.. he guys... my back has ruined this year for me... on the bright side it seems to have moved my career forward more than my healthy back did (strange how that happens), just a few thoughts about the Bills.

1) i wish i had been wrong about "rookie" head coaches. It seems that the rookie learning curve will result in buffalo missing the playoffs, despite the fact it seems we're one of the best teams in the conference. well on the bright side BB in NE was 5-11 his first season there... and won the super bowl in year no.2

2) drew hasn't looked this good in 4 years.

3) Willis still looks like he's suffering from his knee injury in college. imagine what he'll be like next year. Scary.

4) Lee Evans already has put up a better rookie year than Eric Moulds.

5) anyone else think that had Lawyer Milloy been healthy for all the games this year buffalo might be in the middle of the playoff hunt?

clumping platelets
11-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Heh.. he guys... my back has ruined this year for me... on the bright side it seems to have moved my career forward more than my healthy back did (strange how that happens), just a few thoughts about the Bills.

1) i wish i had been wrong about "rookie" head coaches. It seems that the rookie learning curve will result in buffalo missing the playoffs, despite the fact it seems we're one of the best teams in the conference. well on the bright side BB in NE was 5-11 his first season there... and won the super bowl in year no.2

3) Willis still looks like he's suffering from his knee injury in college. imagine what he'll be like next year. Scary.

5) anyone else think that had Lawyer Milloy been healthy for all the games this year buffalo might be in the middle of the playoff hunt?

1) Well said

2) I expect the Bledsoe haters to chime in very soon :yikes:

3) He sez 2,000 next year

4) I guess Evans was a better pick than many expected

5) His presence would have won the Jags game, likely the Raiders game, and possibly the Jets game :(

Sorry about the back, I can sympathize cuz mine always hurts :sadwalk:

Nice to hear from ya Ing :wave:

SABURZFAN
11-29-2004, 04:40 AM

1.i'll take mularkey over manboobs any day.

2.he's been doing ok but he still has his moments.

3.i said the same thing at Santora's yesterday,when we went for it on 4th and 1 and bledsoe pitched it to mcgahee for the score.i said that the knee still isn't fully healed.

4.i wasn't happy with this pick at the draft party.nor was i happy with how we got losman.i hope i'm wrong about both.

5.i think the results could have been different in the jacksonville and oakland games but we'll never know.

hope you get to feeling better. :up:

Cntrygal
11-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Glad to see ya back! Hope you start feeling better soon!

The King
11-29-2004, 07:33 AM
Milloy still has me speechless. He has been amazing.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 07:34 AM

With this assesment-

Would you say that - given the cap he inherited and the moves /drafting he has done that Tom Donahoe has don a good job, bad job, or mediocre job assembling this team?

Was his first move, hiring Gregg Williams, his worst move that has set every thing back a few years?

Or is Donahoe a bum?

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 07:35 AM
How rude of me....GET WELL SOON!!!!! :pray:

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 07:40 AM
With this assesment-

Would you say that - given the cap he inherited and the moves /drafting he has done that Tom Donahoe has don a good job, bad job, or mediocre job assembling this team?

Was his first move, hiring Gregg Williams, his worst move that has set every thing back a few years?

Or is Donahoe a bum?

Personally I think that hiring Williams was one of his two really bad moves. The other bad move is getting Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe and all, and have felt that he is playing well this year for the most part, but getting Bledsoe in retrospect only delayed the inevitable. Too bad we couldn't have used the first rounder that we had that year to draft and develop a QB that would now be coming into his own. I guess though that Price wouldn't have had the year he did and we wouldn't have gotten the first for him and gotten McGahee, but who knows.

I know TD could have made more moves and in looking back, some better moves, but I liked the moves he made at the time and I feel that he has done a pretty good job getting good personel in here.

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 07:42 AM
How rude of me....GET WELL SOON!!!!! :pray:

Oops. Ditto. :pray:

The King
11-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Personally I think that hiring Williams was one of his two really bad moves. The other bad move is getting Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe and all, and have felt that he is playing well this year for the most part, but getting Bledsoe in retrospect only delayed the inevitable. Too bad we couldn't have used the first rounder that we had that year to draft and develop a QB that would now be coming into his own. I guess though that Price wouldn't have had the year he did and we wouldn't have gotten the first for him and gotten McGahee, but who knows.

I know TD could have made more moves and in looking back, some better moves, but I liked the moves he made at the time and I feel that he has done a pretty good job getting good personel in here.

I think if we continue to roll...and with the way guys like McGee, Evans, McGahee, Milloy, Spikes are playing I think thats enough for TD to save face and keep his job. Your right about getting Bledsoe too... Buffalo wasnt the best place for him to go and when he was here a line should have been established then.... not 3 years later.

BTW did you see Bledsoe roll out yesterday he was flying!!!!

Gunzlingr
11-29-2004, 07:59 AM
welcome back, and get well soon Ingtar!

Ingtar33
11-29-2004, 02:13 PM
With this assesment-

Or is Donahoe a bum?

eh... so so

I dislike his "prerogatives"... it seems like he's building this team like a kid in a candy store. he was so pinched in Pittsburg... money wise, that now he has an owner who will spend he seems a bit too interested in flash over substance. That said, until this year I don’t think he’s had any help form the staff developing his players.

That said, while he got “Man-Boobs” dead wrong I think he's got this staff perfect. You've got to love the work that they’ve done with Bledsoe, and the OC seems to have the team firing now... I mean we have been taking apart teams, even with those terrible pickoffs. And who can rave more about what McNally did with the O-line? I mean this is largely the same pile of dung we had in the first place, and they're looking pretty good now (pass blocking), and I think McNally saved M.William's career. He not only looks good on the outside, I'm beginning to believe that he'll be moved to LT next season.

The pick of McGahee, might turn out to be the gutsiest and best 1st round pick he had. He'll have 1000 yards easy this year, which is amazing since he'll have 11 starts.

You've got to feel good about where the team is going.

(and yeah, Milloy has made all the difference in the world for us, the guy is a fantastic player and guy, and we're lucky to have him)

DraftBoy
11-29-2004, 02:19 PM

1. MM was unimpressive early but with the past two games he's really turned a corner I attribute a big part of that to his staff (Gray, Clements, McNally, and April)

2. Bledsoe has been really good so far this season, he still has moments but with the way he's been playing id keep him here one more season and see what happens bc Im not sure Losman will be ready or not.

3. Willis is only at 80% you can tell when he's running, imagine next season at 100%, Im gonna go out on a limb with 2000 and 20 TD's

4. Lee Evans is a pimp, I loved the pick then and I still love it now, he will be better than Moulds, a future top WR in this league.

5. Milloy was a steal last year and he's a real leader on the field, he's a player-coach type.

Mr. Cynical
11-29-2004, 03:46 PM
2) I expect the Bledsoe haters to chime in very soon :yikes:
Chime. :;

Agree with everything you said Ing except for Drew. IMO, he's hurt the team in many ways.

While he may pull a few pretty throws out of his ass now and again, he is simply not worth $8.5M (or whatever the final number for the years is). He is supposed to be the leader and his utter lack of confidence damaged the team. His inconsistency always comes at the worst times. His lack of an accurate touch pass (or just a touch pass period) causes INTs via deflections. His inability to move hurts the already suspect line. His slow reads caused him to take a ton of sacks.

All of this adds up to a lack of confidence in him by the players. And that is worse than throwing the actual INT imo.

P.S. Hope your back gets better soon. :smile:

Ed
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Chime. :;

Agree with everything you said Ing except for Drew. IMO, he's hurt the team in many ways.

While he may pull a few pretty throws out of his ass now and again, he is simply not worth $8.5M (or whatever the final number for the years is). He is supposed to be the leader and his utter lack of confidence damaged the team. His inconsistency always comes at the worst times. His lack of an accurate touch pass (or just a touch pass period) causes INTs via deflections. His inability to move hurts the already suspect line. His slow reads caused him to take a ton of sacks.

All of this adds up to a lack of confidence in him by the players. And that is worse than throwing the actual INT imo.

P.S. Hope your back gets better soon. :smile:

I actually thought Bledsoe looked really confident yesterday, even after the picks. He'd come right back out firing and make some nice throws. He's done a good job of avoiding sacks the last couple weeks too.

The thing that impressed me most about Bledsoe though, was his command on 3rd downs. I think we were like 7/8 in the first half. That's my favorite stat from yesterday.

DaBills
11-29-2004, 04:34 PM
1) Not just rookie coaches. Wysche must have really had his hands full with Drew.

2) 2 games in a row with decent yardage but lack of TD production is alarming. Still has more INTss than TD passes.

3) One of the play-by-play guys yesterday said WM himself sadi he's not even at full-strength yet. Now that's scary.

4) Is it too early to nominate Moulds for the 'Failed To Live Up to the Hype' award yet?

5) Agree 159%. He would have definitely aided McGhee in his development too.

6) Gotta' acknowledge MM passing Greg Williams in the W department in his first year.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 04:39 PM
1) Not just rookie coaches. Wysche must have really had his hands full with Drew.

2) 2 games in a row with decent yardage but lack of TD production is alarming. Still has more INTss than TD passes.

3) One of the play-by-play guys yesterday said WM himself sadi he's not even at full-strength yet. Now that's scary.

4) Is it too early to nominate Moulds for the 'Failed To Live Up to the Hype' award yet?

5) Agree 159%. He would have definitely aided McGhee in his development too.

6) Gotta' acknowledge MM passing Greg Williams in the W department in his first year.

2 of the 4 McGahee drives were set up by aggressive Bledsoe throws. What difference does it make if McGahee puts it in from 3 yards out or it's a TD pass?

finsrclowns
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
2 of the 4 McGahee drives were set up by aggressive Bledsoe throws. What difference does it make if McGahee puts it in from 3 yards out or it's a TD pass?

True dat. What's "alarming" is we put up 75 points in 2 weeks and people still find things to whine about.

Mr. Cynical
11-29-2004, 08:26 PM
I actually thought Bledsoe looked really confident yesterday, even after the picks. He'd come right back out firing and make some nice throws. He's done a good job of avoiding sacks the last couple weeks too.

The thing that impressed me most about Bledsoe though, was his command on 3rd downs. I think we were like 7/8 in the first half. That's my favorite stat from yesterday.
I agree that he seemed more confident yesterday, but it's only 1 game. It's just that he has raised hopes so many times just to let everyone down a game or two later that keeps me from believing. If he were in his 4th or 5th year, I'd say there was a chance. But he is in his 12th so we know what to expect.

NapalmDeath
11-29-2004, 08:59 PM

Actually I think TD's worst moves were
#1 Hiring GreGG Williams
#2 Not stepping in and forcing Kevin Killdrive and Man Boobs himself, to start making adjustments once things were NOT working. Not only did it kill Drew's confidence but the entire O as well. Ruben Brown was the scapegoat
#3 Keeping PUKECILLO on the roster

NC-BILLS44
11-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Welcome Back!!!

DaBills
11-29-2004, 11:56 PM
"2 of the 4 McGahee drives were set up by aggressive Bledsoe throws. What difference does it make if McGahee puts it in from 3 yards out or it's a TD pass?"

It doesn't. Who said it did? Drew needs WM more than WM needs Drew to make things happen.

"What's "alarming" is we put up 75 points in 2 weeks and people still find things to whine about."

Looks like the DB Fan Club Meeting has come to order. Now that's alarming. Ingtar made the comment The 'Bledsoe of Old'. I'm just responding. Whining? Bs. It's misleading. He'll be back to Drew form soon enough. Let 75 points be against NE, or Philly, or any other real team, then it means something. Two games with average numbers overall does not erase the piss poor play this season and games he gave away.

He still had 3 INTs even with good protection, regardless of what WM did in close. Turnovers like that are capitalized on by better teams. Our D bailed us out after each of those.

Did you even watch the last NE game to see what they did to him? Let him start throwing 2-3 TD's WITHOUT an INT every quarter then we'll see. Until then, I'm counting the days until JP gets a start.

Ingtar33
12-02-2004, 06:32 AM
wow... i wasn't saying Drew was an all-pro, only that he hasn't looked this good since his last decent year in NE (and yes that includes his fireball start here). That wasn't supposed to be some sort of pro-drew for 2005 statement.

Its just nice to see it all start to click out there, and we've got to give credit where its due. Its not all Wyche, McNally, Clements, our WRs, the line and McGahee... Drew's been looking better on sunday too. That's good for him. He's a great guy, and it's good to see him start to turn around a career that's been in trouble for years now. Who knows, perhaps he'll catch on with some team in a year or two and play out his career respectfully, not as the laughing stock he's been here.

I think we all have to admit; his stay here hasn't been fantastic; that he's likely going to be gone if not this off season then next, no matter what he does on the field. Drew still is a good guy and its good to see him start to turn it around... especially since im a Bills fan, and enjoy seeing the team win. When Drew does well, we do well.

Ignoring the "Drew" thing and assuming we're going to miss the playoffs the Bills will have some tough choices to make this off-season. For one, not having a 1st round pick this year is going to be an alright thing, as this is shaping up to be a very week draft... one of the worse in recent memories. That we've had a collection of poor drafts these last few years is sort of discouraging, but at least its a weak draft we miss out on the first round with. Jennings and Pat Williams will make this a difficult off-season.

Voltron
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Welcome Back Ingtar! Hope your back feels better soon!

It has been a strange year for backs. You are like the 10th person I know in a month that has had back problems :huh:

EDS
12-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Do you really think the Bills have had a collection of bad drafts? 3 contributers from each draft is about all any team can really expect isn't it? The 2002 draft is a little iffy but 2001 and 2003 are looking good.

2001 - Clements, Schobel, Henry, Jennings, Edwards
2002 - Williams, Denny, Thomas, Bannon?
2003 - McGahee, Kelsay, McGee, Aiken?
2004 - Evans, Losman?, Euhus?, Smith?, Baker?, Greer?