• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Ingtar: struggles with a bum back

Heh.. he guys... my back has ruined this year for me... on the bright side it seems to have moved my career forward more than my healthy back did (strange how that happens), just a few thoughts about the Bills.

1) i wish i had been wrong about "rookie" head coaches. It seems that the rookie learning curve will result in buffalo missing the playoffs, despite the fact it seems we're one of the best teams in the conference. well on the bright side BB in NE was 5-11 his first season there... and won the super bowl in year no.2

2) drew hasn't looked this good in 4 years.

3) Willis still looks like he's suffering from his knee injury in college. imagine what he'll be like next year. Scary.

4) Lee Evans already has put up a better rookie year than Eric Moulds.

5) anyone else think that had Lawyer Milloy been healthy for all the games this year buffalo might be in the middle of the playoff hunt?
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • clumping platelets

Originally posted by Ingtar33
    Heh.. he guys... my back has ruined this year for me... on the bright side it seems to have moved my career forward more than my healthy back did (strange how that happens), just a few thoughts about the Bills.

1) i wish i had been wrong about "rookie" head coaches. It seems that the rookie learning curve will result in buffalo missing the playoffs, despite the fact it seems we're one of the best teams in the conference. well on the bright side BB in NE was 5-11 his first season there... and won the super bowl in year no.2

3) Willis still looks like he's suffering from his knee injury in college. imagine what he'll be like next year. Scary.

5) anyone else think that had Lawyer Milloy been healthy for all the games this year buffalo might be in the middle of the playoff hunt?

1) Well said

2) I expect the Bledsoe haters to chime in very soon

3) He sez 2,000 next year

4) I guess Evans was a better pick than many expected

5) His presence would have won the Jags game, likely the Raiders game, and possibly the Jets game

Sorry about the back, I can sympathize cuz mine always hurts

Nice to hear from ya Ing

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

1.i'll take mularkey over manboobs any day.

2.he's been doing ok but he still has his moments.

3.i said the same thing at Santora's yesterday,when we went for it on 4th and 1 and bledsoe pitched it to mcgahee for the score.i said that the knee still isn't fully healed.

4.i wasn't happy with this pick at the draft party.nor was i happy with how we got losman.i hope i'm wrong about both.

5.i think the results could have been different in the jacksonville and oakland games but we'll never know.

hope you get to feeling better.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Glad to see ya back! Hope you start feeling better soon!
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Milloy still has me speechless. He has been amazing.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

With this assesment-

Would you say that - given the cap he inherited and the moves /drafting he has done that Tom Donahoe has don a good job, bad job, or mediocre job assembling this team?

Was his first move, hiring Gregg Williams, his worst move that has set every thing back a few years?

Or is Donahoe a bum?

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

How rude of me....GET WELL SOON!!!!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                With this assesment-

Would you say that - given the cap he inherited and the moves /drafting he has done that Tom Donahoe has don a good job, bad job, or mediocre job assembling this team?

Was his first move, hiring Gregg Williams, his worst move that has set every thing back a few years?

Or is Donahoe a bum?
                Personally I think that hiring Williams was one of his two really bad moves. The other bad move is getting Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe and all, and have felt that he is playing well this year for the most part, but getting Bledsoe in retrospect only delayed the inevitable. Too bad we couldn't have used the first rounder that we had that year to draft and develop a QB that would now be coming into his own. I guess though that Price wouldn't have had the year he did and we wouldn't have gotten the first for him and gotten McGahee, but who knows.

I know TD could have made more moves and in looking back, some better moves, but I liked the moves he made at the time and I feel that he has done a pretty good job getting good personel in here.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  How rude of me....GET WELL SOON!!!!!
                  Oops. Ditto.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                    Personally I think that hiring Williams was one of his two really bad moves. The other bad move is getting Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe and all, and have felt that he is playing well this year for the most part, but getting Bledsoe in retrospect only delayed the inevitable. Too bad we couldn't have used the first rounder that we had that year to draft and develop a QB that would now be coming into his own. I guess though that Price wouldn't have had the year he did and we wouldn't have gotten the first for him and gotten McGahee, but who knows.

I know TD could have made more moves and in looking back, some better moves, but I liked the moves he made at the time and I feel that he has done a pretty good job getting good personel in here.
                    I think if we continue to roll...and with the way guys like McGee, Evans, McGahee, Milloy, Spikes are playing I think thats enough for TD to save face and keep his job. Your right about getting Bledsoe too... Buffalo wasnt the best place for him to go and when he was here a line should have been established then.... not 3 years later.

BTW did you see Bledsoe roll out yesterday he was flying!!!!
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

welcome back, and get well soon Ingtar!
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

With this assesment-

Or is Donahoe a bum?
                        eh... so so

I dislike his "prerogatives"... it seems like he's building this team like a kid in a candy store. he was so pinched in Pittsburg... money wise, that now he has an owner who will spend he seems a bit too interested in flash over substance. That said, until this year I don’t think he’s had any help form the staff developing his players.

That said, while he got “Man-Boobs” dead wrong I think he's got this staff perfect. You've got to love the work that they’ve done with Bledsoe, and the OC seems to have the team firing now... I mean we have been taking apart teams, even with those terrible pickoffs. And who can rave more about what McNally did with the O-line? I mean this is largely the same pile of dung we had in the first place, and they're looking pretty good now (pass blocking), and I think McNally saved M.William's career. He not only looks good on the outside, I'm beginning to believe that he'll be moved to LT next season.

The pick of McGahee, might turn out to be the gutsiest and best 1st round pick he had. He'll have 1000 yards easy this year, which is amazing since he'll have 11 starts.

You've got to feel good about where the team is going.

(and yeah, Milloy has made all the difference in the world for us, the guy is a fantastic player and guy, and we're lucky to have him)
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

1. MM was unimpressive early but with the past two games he's really turned a corner I attribute a big part of that to his staff (Gray, Clements, McNally, and April)

2. Bledsoe has been really good so far this season, he still has moments but with the way he's been playing id keep him here one more season and see what happens bc Im not sure Losman will be ready or not.

3. Willis is only at 80% you can tell when he's running, imagine next season at 100%, Im gonna go out on a limb with 2000 and 20 TD's

4. Lee Evans is a pimp, I loved the pick then and I still love it now, he will be better than Moulds, a future top WR in this league.

5. Milloy was a steal last year and he's a real leader on the field, he's a player-coach type.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            2) I expect the Bledsoe haters to chime in very soon
                            Chime.

Agree with everything you said Ing except for Drew. IMO, he's hurt the team in many ways.

While he may pull a few pretty throws out of his ass now and again, he is simply not worth $8.5M (or whatever the final number for the years is). He is supposed to be the leader and his utter lack of confidence damaged the team. His inconsistency always comes at the worst times. His lack of an accurate touch pass (or just a touch pass period) causes INTs via deflections. His inability to move hurts the already suspect line. His slow reads caused him to take a ton of sacks.

All of this adds up to a lack of confidence in him by the players. And that is worse than throwing the actual INT imo.

P.S. Hope your back gets better soon.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              Chime.

Agree with everything you said Ing except for Drew. IMO, he's hurt the team in many ways.

While he may pull a few pretty throws out of his ass now and again, he is simply not worth $8.5M (or whatever the final number for the years is). He is supposed to be the leader and his utter lack of confidence damaged the team. His inconsistency always comes at the worst times. His lack of an accurate touch pass (or just a touch pass period) causes INTs via deflections. His inability to move hurts the already suspect line. His slow reads caused him to take a ton of sacks.

All of this adds up to a lack of confidence in him by the players. And that is worse than throwing the actual INT imo.

P.S. Hope your back gets better soon.
                              I actually thought Bledsoe looked really confident yesterday, even after the picks. He'd come right back out firing and make some nice throws. He's done a good job of avoiding sacks the last couple weeks too.

The thing that impressed me most about Bledsoe though, was his command on 3rd downs. I think we were like 7/8 in the first half. That's my favorite stat from yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X