PDA

View Full Version : Could the Bills trade Bledsoe at the end of the year...

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Clump would have to break down the bonuses but it almost looks like if the Bills were to trade DB before 3/1 it would cost them the same as keeping him in 2005...if he continues to play well (especially on the road) he would be worth something, especially looking at teams that could use help at QB...

now, would anybody bite and what would you get for him.

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Clump would have to break down the bonuses but it almost looks like if the Bills were to trade DB before 3/1 it would cost them the same as keeping him in 2005...if he continues to play well (especially on the road) he would be worth something, especially looking at teams that could use help at QB...

Bledsoe and Henry for our first back from Dallas. :up:

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Realisticly, I would trade him for anything higher than a third and if it is not possible then dump him post June 1st if he doesn't lower his salary.

OpIv37
11-29-2004, 09:41 AM

I hear NE would take him back in exchange for their towel boy and a bag of practice footballs.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Who would give up anything for this guy?

Not being a negative nancy here, but Drew Brees is available for nothing. So will a number of salary cap cuts. Tommy Maddox will come cheaper to a bidder.

I don't see it. I see Bledsoe as a backup for 1 year before I see anyone trying to deal for him

clumping platelets
11-29-2004, 09:44 AM
:huh:

juice
11-29-2004, 09:44 AM

now, would anybody bite and what would you get for him.I think Parcells might Bite, He would max-protect Bledsoe and Whitten is a good Recieving option at TE for the Cowboys.

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Realisticly, I would trade him for anything higher than a third and if it is not possible then dump him post June 1st if he doesn't lower his salary.
If he is here on 3/1 and gets a roster bonus then it would not be cost-efficient to cut him; even after 6/1.

OpIv37
11-29-2004, 09:46 AM
would we want to trade him? Losman needs a veteran to help him develop, and if Bledsoe left we'd be struggling to find a competent backup in case Losman struggles or gets injured.

Jayhawk
11-29-2004, 09:50 AM
:huh:
oh my god we made you speechless, damn we're good.