PDA

View Full Version : Well, THAT wasn't fun!

dfarrar777
11-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Hello, BillsZone people -

Doug Farrar from Seahawks.NET here. I co-wrote the game preview with Frank Stephen from your site earlier this week.

No question that your team out-coached and out-performed us in every single aspect of the game. We're now out here on the West Coast wondering just exactly why Mike Holmgren is considered such a genius. We're also considering various illegal actions against Mark Michaels, our alleged special teams coach and Ray Rhodes, our alleged defensive coordinator.

After what I saw yesterday, it's my belief that the Bills are a well-coached, imaginative team that will contend for the AFC East lead next year after filling in the blanks with a few more key players. They're certainly on the right track with an impressive late-season run. And whatever the front office is paying Bobby April, it isn't enough!

The Seahawks have all the talent necessary for a Super Bowl run - if we had the heart and desire of the Bills' players and the imagination and preparedness of the Bills' coaches, the team would be sharing the driver's seat in the NFC. But this 38-9 waxing proved very decisively that this is not the case.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

juice
11-29-2004, 10:04 AM

Doug Farrar from Seahawks.NET here. I co-wrote the game preview with Frank Stephen from your site earlier this week.

No question that your team out-coached and out-performed us in every single aspect of the game. We're now out here on the West Coast wondering just exactly why Mike Holmgren is considered such a genius. We're also considering various illegal actions against Mark Michaels, our alleged special teams coach and Ray Rhodes, our alleged defensive coordinator.

After what I saw yesterday, it's my belief that the Bills are a well-coached, imaginative team that will contend for the AFC East lead next year after filling in the blanks with a few more key players. They're certainly on the right track with an impressive late-season run. And whatever the front office is paying Bobby April, it isn't enough!

The Seahawks have all the talent necessary for a Super Bowl run - if we had the heart and desire of the Bills' players and the imagination and preparedness of the Bills' coaches, the team would be sharing the driver's seat in the NFC. But this 38-9 waxing proved very decisively that this is not the case.

Best of luck the rest of the season.You guys have what we want, a shot at the Playoffs. Good Luck the rest of the season.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 10:05 AM

Thanks!- But don't go overboard. At week 4 of the season you and I could swap places and be thinking the same thing.Your team has only 1 more win than we do, but are miles closer to the playoffs.

Michael82
11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks!- But don't go overboard. At week 4 of the season you and I could swap places and be thinking the same thing.Your team has only 1 more win than we do, but are miles closer to the playoffs.
That's what really sucks about the whole thing. :sadwalk:

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 10:13 AM

Thanks Doug...good game and good luck the rest of the season!

Michael82
11-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks Doug...good game and good luck the rest of the season!
How does that crow taste? Seattle 27-13? :shakeno:

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
How does that crow taste? Seattle 27-13? :shakeno:
MIGHTY MIGHTY FINE!! :supper:

Michael82
11-29-2004, 10:30 AM
MIGHTY MIGHTY FINE!! :supper:
:up:

ryjam282
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Doug, very admirable to come back and say congrats. Thanks a lot. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way....One more thing, please don't let Alexander go to the Fins this offseason, I love watching them suck this bad....

Charlieguide
11-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Doug. I have to say, I think a couple of changes could help Holmgren and your team:

1) Take executive power away from Holmgren, if he still has it. Coach/GM is no longer possible in this league. Let the GM look off the field, and dig deep in player evaluation, while the coach focuses on-field and makes use of talent.

2) Get rid of problems like Koren Robinson. Inconsistent play, drug-related problems, and lack of inspiration spread like a cancer on any team. Potential talent is simply not worth these problems.

3) Holmgren and the entire staff needs to show they're serious about not accepting sub-par performance. Bench or cut players, make them run laps or do push-ups for mistakes, whatever it takes, but they aren't getting the message.

The Seahawks have an enormous amount of talent, but like us, they haven't found a way to consistently get it to produce. Good luck the rest of the season, and thanks for the great article.

The_Philster
11-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I totally didn't expect to see that out of your team, Doug. :shocked: The guy who drove me from the rental lot back to the airport thinks Holmgren is gone after the year...your thoughts?

BTW, beautiful city and stadium...met some cool fans as well...this guy across the aisle from me and I were talking a little light smack back and forth...but it was all good :up: