PDA

View Full Version : Here it is again 3rd down conversions!

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 10:29 AM
9-15 and 1-2 on 4th down eating up over 36 min of the game. :dance: That's what I like to see. The Hawks D was demoralized and spent and The Bills with the exception of 3 ints had it all working. They were able to control the clock, eat up yards, tire the D, and overcome the 3 picks. Even MM thought the game came down to this and I was told last week that I was nit picking.

Tatonka
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
if drew didnt just give the ball away three times.. we would have put up over 50 on them.

those picks were aweful.. all on drew.. big surprise..

but at this point.. i can watch drew play like that and just smile.. knowing that his time is almost done.

RedEyE
11-29-2004, 10:42 AM
The 3 and 1 play with Drew faking the sneak was just a great play. Willis said 'F' the 1st down, I'm taking this bone to the house.

Tatonka
11-29-2004, 10:46 AM
The 3 and 1 play with Drew faking the sneak was just a great play. Willis said 'F' the 1st down, I'm taking this bone to the house.

absolutely.. great play.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
if drew didnt just give the ball away three times.. we would have put up over 50 on them.

but at this point.. i can watch drew play like that and just smile.. knowing that his time is almost done.

A magical day it was, first the Bills win on the road, 2nd they light up the Hawks D and 3rd they won inspite of Bledsoes ints. It was one of those games where a team was destined to win no matter what, it will be a cold day in hell when everything works like it did in that game. Watching that game I kept thinking any QB could win this with the way everyone else was playing.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 10:52 AM
The 3 and 1 play with Drew faking the sneak was just a great play. Willis said 'F' the 1st down, I'm taking this bone to the house..

4th and 1, that play won't work again this year. Too bad they used it in a blowout but it will keep D's on the lookout for it possibly setting up someother play we haven't seen yet. Brilliant play call

Tatonka
11-29-2004, 10:54 AM

4th and 1, that play won't work again this year. Too bad they used it in a blowout but it will keep D's on the lookout for it possibly setting up someother play we haven't seen yet. Brilliant play call

it might work, it might not..

on that play.. as long as we get an outside seal block.. willis is big enough and strong enough to jam one defender to the turf with his stiff arm..

and the threat of that play may keep people from crowding the middle quite so much for a fb run or a qb sneak..

justasportsfan
11-29-2004, 10:55 AM

but at this point.. i can watch drew play like that and just smile.. knowing that his time is almost done.Inspite of the INT's I still had a feeling we were going to win. Everytime he threw a pick yesterday, he had that Jim Kelly look in his face after throwing a pick. It's the look on Drew's face when he has to face the Pats that scares me.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Inspite of the INT's I still had a feeling we were going to win. Everytime he threw a pick yesterday, he had that Jim Kelly look in his face after throwing a pick. It's the look on Drew's face when he has to face the Pats that scares me.

I sort of had that feeling too, I also felt the team had the attitude where they weren't going to let DB lose it for the team.