PDA

View Full Version : Travis - Trade Value

LtBillsFan66
11-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Who else saw the imaginary trade value meter plummet after his injury?

Any news? Broken fibula? Like Losman???

ryjam282
11-29-2004, 12:21 PM
I heard a fractured fibula, similar to last year but I guess it is a little more serious.

Sad thing is, when he was being carted off, all I could think about was..Damn, there goes our trade value, pretty sick huh? I know.

juice
11-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Henry should have been traded before the season for maximum trade value.. he will sustain injuries throughout his carreer because of his running style.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 12:23 PM
I really think his trade value plummeted as soon as WM became the starter. Every team knows how much TH lacked with the play of WM and 3rd or 4th rounder is all I expect his worth to be. They know the Bills are set at RB and that TH is just taking up room on the roster. He can't catch consistantly, he can't block or pick up blitzes and lacks speed.

Charlieguide
11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I've been thinking for months now that he wouldn't be traded, anyway. He and Willis are getting along, and finding ways to work together. The Bills need both backs for depth and versatility.

Plus, there are way more good RB's with trade potential than there are teams in need. With Henry's lackluster performance this year, they probably wouldn't have gotten more than a third rounder for him . . . not when you could give the same and get Anthony Thomas, Michael Bennett, Moe Williams . . . need I go on?

It's never good to lose a RB for six games, but I'll be glad to see him back in uniform next year. Best thing that could happen: Kenneth Davis takes him out for a beer, and helps him understand the role of "starting from the bench." (Anybody know KD's phone number?)

Marvelous
11-29-2004, 12:30 PM
I've been thinking for months now that he wouldn't be traded, anyway. He and Willis are getting along, and finding ways to work together. The Bills need both backs for depth and versatility.

Plus, there are way more good RB's with trade potential than there are teams in need. With Henry's lackluster performance this year, they probably wouldn't have gotten more than a third rounder for him . . . not when you could give the same and get Anthony Thomas, Michael Bennett, Moe Williams . . . need I go on?

It's never good to lose a RB for six games, but I'll be glad to see him back in uniform next year. Best thing that could happen: Kenneth Davis takes him out for a beer, and helps him understand the role of "starting from the bench." (Anybody know KD's phone number?)
I agree 100%. All it takes is WM & TH to have a conference with the media and say they want to co-exist. < Then we are golden;)

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Henry should have been traded before the season for maximum trade value.. he will sustain injuries throughout his carreer because of his running style.
that's the funny thing...it wasn't his running style that got him hurt.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 12:48 PM
....It's never good to lose a RB for six games, but I'll be glad to see him back in uniform next year. Best thing that could happen: Kenneth Davis takes him out for a beer, and helps him understand the role of "starting from the bench." (Anybody know KD's phone number?)

It's not like TH was getting 10-15 touches a game. Burns and Sheldon have shown they can contribute just as much if not more than TH. Sheldon blocks like a lineman and catches like a TE, burns just puts his head down and runs for tough yards like TH did. How good is Williams and can he be a 2nd RB? Don't know, but TH's role has been non existent and his value is based on performance. Plus I don't think there will be a need for TH next year. I think is is traded or released.

EDS
11-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Zero chance he gets released.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 01:15 PM
His salary is so little that somebody should want him, I said released because I don't think for any reason he will be back.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 01:16 PM
It's not like TH was getting 10-15 touches a game. Burns and Sheldon have shown they can contribute just as much if not more than TH. Sheldon blocks like a lineman and catches like a TE, burns just puts his head down and runs for tough yards like TH did. How good is Williams and can he be a 2nd RB? Don't know, but TH's role has been non existent and his value is based on performance. Plus I don't think there will be a need for TH next year. I think is is traded or released.

The touches per game are irrelivant when McGahee is healthy. It's the touches per game when McGahee has a sprained ankle, bruised ribs, sore hammy that count. No RB in the league goes without a nick or two.

It's those games you don't want Joe Burns or Shelton getting 25 touches.

If and when we get this offense on track more consistently, and if we get Henry back next year, then we should try to get Henry eased into the offense some- if only to lighten the load on WM.

I only want to deal Henry if we get good value for him- not trade him just for the sake of trading. I'd rather keep him if that happens.

What's the compensatory pick you get if Henry goes as a FA? Late 3rd? 4th?
You got to do better than that if you deal him. It's worth more keeping him at that point.

EDS
11-29-2004, 01:18 PM
I think the fact that his salary is relatively low increases the chances that he stays with the Bills next season. If they can trade him for a 2nd rounder or even a high third then yeah, make the trade, but otherwise just keep him as a solid depth player. If we are going to trade him I would rather trade him for an established starting caliber offensive lineman, but I realize such a trade is not likely to happen and, indeed, rarely do such player for player trades happen in the NFL these days.

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I think the fact that his salary is relatively low increases the chances that he stays with the Bills next season. If they can trade him for a 2nd rounder or even a high third then yeah, make the trade, but otherwise just keep him as a solid depth player. If we are going to trade him I would rather trade him for an established starting caliber offensive lineman, but I realize such a trade is not likely to happen and, indeed, rarely do such player for player trades happen in the NFL these days.

Not only that, there is no team in the NFL dumb enough to give up a quality lineman for henry. Linemen are worth their weight in gold, and running backs are a dime a dozen.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 01:49 PM
The touches per game are irrelivant when McGahee is healthy. It's the touches per game when McGahee has a sprained ankle, bruised ribs, sore hammy that count. No RB in the league goes without a nick or two.

It's those games you don't want Joe Burns or Shelton getting 25 touches.

If and when we get this offense on track more consistently, and if we get Henry back next year, then we should try to get Henry eased into the offense some- if only to lighten the load on WM.

I only want to deal Henry if we get good value for him- not trade him just for the sake of trading. I'd rather keep him if that happens.

What's the compensatory pick you get if Henry goes as a FA? Late 3rd? 4th?
You got to do better than that if you deal him. It's worth more keeping him at that point.

I just don't see him as valuable as some think he is. Sammy Morris has comparable stats to TH if not a hair better. How much would you give up to get Sammy?

EDS
11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I just don't see him as valuable as some think he is. Sammy Morris has comparable stats to TH if not a hair better. How much would you give up to get Sammy?

Travis is twice the back Sammy is. Do not be myopic and look solely at this years stats. Travis is a two time 1300+ yard back so he is alot more valuable then Sammy Morris both in terms of trade value and real world production. You do not just get "lucky" when you have two such solid seasons running beyond a not-so-good to average offensive line.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Travis is twice the back Sammy is. Do not be myopic and look solely at this years stats. Travis is a two time 1300+ yard back so he is alot more valuable then Sammy Morris both in terms of trade value and real world production. You do not just get "lucky" when you have two such solid seasons running beyond a not-so-good to average offensive line.

Did I hit a nerve? Myopic is putting blinders on and not seeing the obvious, Myopic is just looking at the surface and not looking into the depths of reality. I made the comparison not because they are in the same level of ability but because they are as good as they can get. No one including I thinks SM is a better back but there is a problem with a back when the FO looks to subplant him. They knew TH can only do so much and is not a back that can take control of a game. If he were WM wouldn't be wearing a Bills Uni. He's also not the type to come in in relief. He is a reliable back up.

juice
11-29-2004, 02:13 PM
that's the funny thing...it wasn't his running style that got him hurt.Not in Sundays game but that is one of the major reasons that teams dont see him as a top 5 Back even though his #s from the past two seasons would suggest that he is.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 03:08 PM

Put the 2005 Bills at 7-3, and they just got the MRI back saying McGahee is out a month. They have the next 3 of 4 games on the road- Baltimore, New England, and the Jets.

You want Sammy Morris leading the Bills to the playoffs or Travis Henry back there? Sammy has ZERO 100 yard games to his resume.

I'll take my chances with Henry.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Since TH was starting weeks 1-4 or 5 through 2004 and the Bills were 6-10 last year with Henry and I think TH is better than SM, neither.