PDA

View Full Version : What would the compensitory pick be for Henry?

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
If we keep Henry and he walks at the end of 2005, what would the compensitory pick be? A 3rd? A 4th?

If that's the case- unless someone blows our doors off-keep him!

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
If we keep Henry and he walks at the end of 2005, what would the compensitory pick be? A 3rd? A 4th?

If that's the case- unless someone blows our doors off-keep him!

I think about how distraught he would be sitting on the bench for an entire year and if he would be a liability to the team. Here's a guy who was the starter, get's replaced with 10 games left in the season and then riding the pine for the 2005 season except for some mop up duty. If Shaud Willams gets some playing time and Burns gets some solid ypc the rest of the year it'll just make things worse for everyone. I don't think TD or MM will want to see his career ruined by sitting on the bench. That spot could be used for a need position or developement. If one of the other reserver RB's can't contribute the rest of the season then there may be room and a need to keep him, I just don't see it though.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
When the Bills lost Marcellus Wiley to free agency, we recieved a 3rd round pick. He signed a 6 year-$40 million deal. While I can't see Henry getting that- I can see him getting a similar deal if not better deal than Charlie Garner got with Tampa, $20 million for 6 seasons ..... about $3-4 Million a season

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 01:32 PM
I think about how distraught he would be sitting on the bench for an entire year and if he would be a liability to the team. Here's a guy who was the starter, get's replaced with 10 games left in the season and then riding the pine for the 2005 season except for some mop up duty. If Shaud Willams gets some playing time and Burns gets some solid ypc the rest of the year it'll just make things worse for everyone. I don't think TD or MM will want to see his career ruined by sitting on the bench. That spot could be used for a need position or developement. If one of the other reserver RB's can't contribute the rest of the season then there may be room and a need to keep him, I just don't see it though.

I hate to say it but give me a break. We are to trade guy because his feelings might get hurt?

He's a professional. With a strong guy ahead of him he will either push himself harder or quit. If he quits mentally then why even have this discussion. No one will want him.

The King
11-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I would take like a 3rd rounder and a guy like sammy morris. Or a 3rd and 4th.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
We get value from Henry one way or another. If it's not equal or better than what a compensatory pick brings- then he stays a year, one less year of wear and tear, and he makes out in the long run by extending his career with a season in which he will make a lot more than the puny extension he signed for the Bills.

LABillsFan
11-29-2004, 01:41 PM
I hate to say it but give me a break. We are to trade guy because his feelings might get hurt?

He's a professional. With a strong guy ahead of him he will either push himself harder or quit. If he quits mentally then why even have this discussion. No one will want him.

Not because his feelings may get hurt. We all saw how he reacted to the drafting to WM, saw how having him being pushed by WM even when he was starting effected him. Now imagine him sitting on the bench as possibly a 3rd string RB? He will have no trade value what so ever. From what I've seen he can talk about him being able to adjust but when it comes time to produce it isn't there. He will be a hinderence to the team. Much like the Pat's trade of DB, they traded him because of a small alliance to him and to unify the team.