X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

No PlayOffs/Blame Staff

TD has been called out for not addressing the Line issues in the OffSeason by everyone here but was there something he could have done to address the Line issues as late as the start of the preseason?

Had TD pulled the trigger on a Henry Trade we could have bought in some Line help and the Willis/Travis situation would'nt have been avoided and Willis would have been well on his way to a 1500 yard season.

If Willis was carrying the Rock from day one I believe we would have split those first 4 games at least to go 2-2 and would be looking at .500 or better with the offense progressing as a unit and the O-Line Jelling with a True starter at LG instead of the backups that TD and MM have fielded.

A top 5 Defense and the #1 STs unit should at least have you in the playoff hunt in week 12.. Many have tried to hang the fault on Bledsoe, but this team has had personnel issues from day 1 of Training camp. First it was Puscillo then it was L. Smith at LG, the truth is that neither of these guys should be a starter in the NFL.

It seems not to be a coincident that the QB output and consistancy seemed to coincide with the the O-Line learning to play as a unit.. I wonder if TD is gonna hang Drew Bledsoe out to dry to take the blame like he did with R. Brown last year.. and then make it look like it all comes down to the player not wanting to take a paycut?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Hindsight.

Did anyone really want Willis #1 with Henry coming off a great year, and Willis being 1 year removed from a reconstruction of his knee?
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
      Hindsight.

Did anyone really want Willis #1 with Henry coming off a great year, and Willis being 1 year removed from a reconstruction of his knee?
      I could go back into some Pre-Season posts where there many who thought that Willis was the Future and many people knew that Travis' Trade Value was at it highest point before the season.. Many folks were of the thought that Willis was ready and willing the move should have been made.

I see you weren't posting in early Training camps but this topic was often discussed. Not HindSight but Insight.
      Last edited by juice; 11-29-2004, 02:10 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
        I could go back into some Pre-Season posts where there many who thought that Willis was the Future and many people knew that Travis' Trade Value was at it highest point before the season.. Many folks were of the thought that Willis was ready and willing the move should have been made.

I see you weren't posting in early Training camps but this topic was often discussed. Not HindSight but Insight.
        Henry was the best offensive player on this team last year. By your logic let's trade WM next year since he's turning out to be the best this year.

Willis was not ready at the start of the season.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

All of this would've been great had we known how Willis would hold up. The problem is that Willis was a big gamble, and we had to be extra careful. Henry's a solid back, and trading him earlier would've been a real bad idea. His trade value will never be that high again, so we had to at least consider it. However, Willis' knee was still not right and relying on a guy who's not ready to play could've been a disaster. We did the right thing keeping Henry at that time. It's just unfortunate for us that Willis' timing wasn't on the same pace. Either way, the guy's doing awesome while still playing on a knee that's not quite there yet. So we end up with a 4th rounder instead of a 2nd rounder. I'll take a healthy Willis and a 4th rounder any day. Think of losing the higher pick as insurance. No, I do not think that we would've received a 1st rounder for Henry. Corey Dillon was good for a 2nd rounder, and he's better than Henry.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Henry was the best offensive player on this team last year. By your logic let's trade WM next year since he's turning out to be the best this year.

Willis was not ready at the start of the season.
            Many of You have been running that "LOGIC" line since the Pre-Season when I first bought this up.. Where's the logic in a 1400 yard RB's trade Value falling to a 3rd or 4th round pick?

The staff needed to make the decision to improve the O-line and improve this teams chances to win 2 of those first 4 games.

Henry getting injured again this year was the exact reason he should've been traded.. Football is a game of decision making and taking chances, TD fumbled the ball in this instance.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Many of You have been running that "LOGIC" line since the Pre-Season when I first bought this up.. Where's the logic in a 1400 yard RB's trade Value falling to a 3rd or 4th round pick?

The staff needed to make the decision to improve the O-line and improve this teams chances to win 2 of those first 4 games.

Henry getting injured again this year was the exact reason he should've been traded.. Football is a game of decision making and taking chances, TD fumbled the ball in this instance.
              if TD had traded TH and then McGahee gone down in the second game people would have been screaming...stop trying to create controversy.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

What If's can go a long way. What IF Willis plays week 1 and breaks his leg? Mularkey would be hated more then Gregg Williams ever was.

Maybe Mularkey didn't feel he was ready? Milloy was hurt. We had other problems with the team but the bottom line is, everything is now clicking so why bother debate it? We're looking very good for the future. And a bright future I might add, with Losman, Evans, Willis and Mularkey!
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• shotgun
                  stop smokeing for your own health
                  • May 2004

juice <<< stop your god damm crying shi* happens .. u now come out about the 0-4 start.. i am so glad we have mcgahee f*() henry he is not a back like mcgahee the bills just kicked a$$ yesterday and u come off talking crap big deal all i know is the bills are looking good for next year .. if u want to biT&* about coaching or a team be a cards fan shut the f up and leve it be jesus .... and u know what all the coachs did a great job yester thay get a great big ball from me the only goat i see is u ...

some people should just keep things to there self

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

WM said he was ready from game one what are you talking about?

If he wasn't ready he would've been listed on the injury report.. The staff chose to start Henry behind L. Smith thinking he could be productive as he was behind the LG we had last year... They were wrong and apparently Willis was ready looking at his performances even in the Pre-Season games, Did Edgerin James take the second season off?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Stupidest thread ever. What if, what if what if. Not trading Henry didn't make us blow 2 games in the final minutes. Not trading Henry didn't cause the refs to screw us out of a win in Oakland. We had a rookie head coach, a bunch of young players, and not a lot of experience as a unit. Gimme a break.

The O-line didn't cause us to lose those first 4 games, the TEAM did. I don't hear anyone *****ing about the O-line now, sometimes things take time, did you really expect Mularkey to come into town and snap his fingers and suddenly have a contender? Unfortunately, things don't work that way.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Stupidest thread ever. What if, what if what if. Not trading Henry didn't make us blow 2 games in the final minutes. Not trading Henry didn't cause the refs to screw us out of a win in Oakland. We had a rookie head coach, a bunch of young players, and not a lot of experience as a unit. Gimme a break.

The O-line didn't cause us to lose those first 4 games, the TEAM did. I don't hear anyone *****ing about the O-line now, sometimes things take time, did you really expect Mularkey to come into town and snap his fingers and suddenly have a contender? Unfortunately, things don't work that way.
                        Henry's lack of production costed us dearly.. What team will you watch in Jan? Not the Bills.. Blame the staff not ESPN because we get ignored by the National Media.

But Like Shotgun said (I Think) the Bills are looking good for next year.
                        Last edited by juice; 11-29-2004, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Henry's lack of production costed us dearly.. What team will you watch in Jan? Not the Bills.. Blame the staff not ESPN because we get ignored by the National Media.

But Like Shotgun said (I Think) the Bills are looking good for next year.
                          how did not trading TH prevent Nate Clements from knocking down that ball to Jimmy Smith? Until you can answer that one, please stop.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            how did not trading TH prevent Nate Clements from knocking down that ball to Jimmy Smith? Until you can answer that one, please stop.
                            Did Travis have either 100 yds or any TDs this year?

Until you can give me a reason I'd suggest you give it up, Eb.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Not to mention the TD that about 4 Bills' defenders should've knocked down. Maybe it's Henry's fault that Milloy broke his arm and missed that game too?

Comment

Working...
                              X