PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters is truly as dumb as a rock.

ShadowHawk7
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Did anyone else notice after the tricky onside kick, when all the Bills were pointing to the left side of the screen, there was one portly fellow pointing to the right side? It was number 71, aka Jason Peters, who continued to do so until someone corrected him. Effin funny! :rofl:

Crisis
11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Not to mention his illegal substition. I was thinking he must be a moron after that.

Tatonka
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
most offensive linemen are extremely smart too.. weird.

:rolleyes:

Crisis
11-29-2004, 03:29 PM

Most OL dont have an IQ lower than the win column of the Dolphins record.

Charlieguide
11-29-2004, 03:30 PM

:roflmao:

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 03:36 PM
If they are going to use Peters as an OT lined up at TE all the time (Like former Bill Paul Seymore) then just give him an elligible number!

He doesn't have to be smart- just pretty! He is a cannonball running downfield on those kicks though- and fast for his size too!

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd say as a general rule pro athletes of ANY sports are not bastions of intelligence, but I think if you take a look at the wonderlic scores, OL and QBs are at the top of the list. I don't know why. Although Brett Favre is barely literate according to the W test (I think he got a 14), and Drew is a genius!!!

Not surprisingly, RBs are by far the stupidest.

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 03:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

Here you guys go...you can all take a wonderlic for yourself and see how you stack up against the NFL position averages...unless you are all wusses and afraid to get owned by guys who barely graduated from college :snicker:

Jayhawk
11-29-2004, 03:45 PM
I wonder what Phins fans would get.

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Not to mention his illegal substition. I was thinking he must be a moron after that.

How about the fact that he now has the number of an offensive lineman and that maybe he is still getting over his conversion from TE to OT.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 03:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228.html

Here you guys go...you can all take a wonderlic for yourself and see how you stack up against the NFL position averages...unless you are all wusses and afraid to get owned by guys who barely graduated from college :snicker:

Bad news- I only got 1 answer right :(

Good news- I just got a call- I start in place of AJ Feeley Next Sunday!:up:

chernobylwraiths
11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
If they are going to use Peters as an OT lined up at TE all the time (Like former Bill Paul Seymore) then just give him an elligible number!

He doesn't have to be smart- just pretty! He is a cannonball running downfield on those kicks though- and fast for his size too!

I wondered this as well. I wonder if they are trying to give him the right mentality of being an OT. Is there a rule about ineligible numbers playing on the interior of the line?

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I wondered this as well. I wonder if they are trying to give him the right mentality of being an OT. Is there a rule about ineligible numbers playing on the interior of the line?
I don't know.

I don't think so- I wonder though- If you wear an inelligible number and have to report your elligibility- is the reverse true??

NapalmDeath
11-29-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't remember seeing him on the field after that illegal substittion penalty. Maybe on special teams

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 06:10 PM
I don't remember seeing him on the field after that illegal substittion penalty. Maybe on special teams
Did we need him? We were moving the ball OK without needing 6 OL guys.

NapalmDeath
11-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Did we need him? We were moving the ball OK without needing 6 OL guys.

True, but I was just saying that maybe he was benched after his mistake.

ajsdx
11-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Bad news- I only got 1 answer right :(

Good news- I just got a call- I start in place of AJ Feeley Next Sunday!:up:

Good news for the Bills, not the Dolphins :snicker:

Uncle Jesse
11-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Most OL dont have an IQ lower than the win column of the Dolphins record.

I belive Ross Tucker went to Princeton, i think he might be a exception.

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I don't know.

I don't think so- I wonder though- If you wear an inelligible number and have to report your elligibility- is the reverse true??
Justin Bannan has played guard on numerous plays this year without reporting...90s are not eligible numbers for the O-Line.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Here's the jersey guidelines adopted by the NFL in 1973...

1-9 Quarterbacks and Kickers
10-19 Quarterbacks, Receivers, and Kickers
20-49 Running Backs and Defensive Backs
50-59 Centers and Linebackers
60-79 Defensive Linemen and Offensive Linemen
80-89 Receivers and Tight Ends
90-99 Defensive Linemen and Linebackers

ONLY applying to those with offensive line #s (50-79)....if a player intends to line up in any position on the line of scrimmage other than the 5 line positions, they must report to the referee as an eligilble receiver even if they do not intend to make a receiver type play.

SO---why did the Bills not assign Peters a TE #? To take advantage of the trickery nature of his abilities. Lets face it. Most of the NFL does not yet know who this guy is yet. He comes in with a tackle's #, he looks like a tackle. Defensive players see him lined up at TE and figure this is a run for sure. When he busts out from the line they don't know what to think, and the confusion is an advantage for the offense even if he is not thrown to.

Or am I way off?