PDA

View Full Version : What were the contract details for Troy Vincent?

BillsFever21
11-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I pray this signing won't hurt us that much towards the salary cap by either keeping him or cutting him next year.

I was fine with signing him but wasn't happy about the money we gave him. We caved in for way too much money for a 34 year old CB who missed half the season the year before due to injuries.

What is his salary next year and how much would it costs for us to release him?

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 04:59 PM
I pray this signing won't hurt us that much towards the salary cap by either keeping him or cutting him next year.

I was fine with signing him but wasn't happy about the money we gave him. We caved in for way too much money for a 34 year old CB who missed half the season the year before due to injuries.

:idunno: Look it up in the salcap forum.

Man- If only I bought microsoft stock in 1985, went to medical school instead, and asked out that hot redhead in high school......damn!

I'd keep Vincent. He's valuable in the locker room, and versatile. I guess Losman was a waste of a pick had we known he was hurt all year too.

BillsFever21
11-29-2004, 05:06 PM
:idunno: Look it up in the salcap forum.

Man- If only I bought microsoft stock in 1985, went to medical school instead, and asked out that hot redhead in high school......damn!

I'd keep Vincent. He's valuable in the locker room, and versatile. I guess Losman was a waste of a pick had we known he was hurt all year too.
I've never even been to the SCF on the site. I had no idea everyone's salary was listed on it.

Losman wasn't a waste of a pick. He wasn't gonna be playing anyway. He's also 22 and Vincent is 34.

If Vincent has a high salary cap figure next year he's not worth keeping.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
For his experience, pro bowl resume, and for what we got him for- he was a bargain. About $10 millilon less what the vikings paid winfield this year

ryjam282
11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't remember the exact money amount but it was a 6 year contract.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 05:20 PM
He costs the Bills $3 million in dead cap space on the the 2005 cap if you cut him before 6/1, $600,000 on the cap after 6/1 (Push the money into the 2006 cap)

Keep him.

BillsFever21
11-29-2004, 05:23 PM
3 million against the cap? Ouch.

BillsFever21
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
According to http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=Player+Search+Results his salary will also be 2.75 million. I guess if we can only save less then a million bucks by cutting him then we're stuck with him.

What a rip off for a 35 year old CB that will count over 3 million dollars against the cap next year.

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
3 million against the cap? Ouch.

He makes around 2 million a year, plus the bonus we gave him (and spread out into the future) comes due. He signed for 6 years $20 million, some of it backloaded. Again- it's a good contract for Buffalo.

Cornerback Troy Vincent agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills on Monday. The deal is expected to be for six years and $20 million, including a $3.6 million bonus. Vincent chose the Bills over the Chiefs and Bengals.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/news/eagles/2004/031504-troy.asp

clumping platelets
11-29-2004, 10:14 PM
6yr deal with $3.6 million signing bonus. He would save cap space if released before June 1st, but his contract is not a cap buster

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 10:26 PM

do you like any of the 53 guys on the roster??? all you do is complain about every single one of them.

tampabay25690
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Yea keep Vincent, he gets hurt and everyone wants him gone...........SO I GUESS WILLIS was a waste last year too, right!!!!!! Yea thats what I thought.. :peace:

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 12:34 AM
According to http://www.nflpa.org/Members/main.asp?subPage=Player+Search+Results his salary will also be 2.75 million. I guess if we can only save less then a million bucks by cutting him then we're stuck with him.

What a rip off for a 35 year old CB that will count over 3 million dollars against the cap next year.

What a ripoff!

Worthless!

A waste!!!

All this board has been doing since it's inception is complain that the FS position on the Bills needs improvement. Looks like it improved today!

G. Host
12-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Yea keep Vincent, he gets hurt and everyone wants him gone...........SO I GUESS WILLIS was a waste last year too, right!!!!!! Yea thats what I thought.. :peace:

Yes Willis was a complete waste last year. This year it is different.

Mahdi
12-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Vincent is the perfect addition to this defense. He has great instincts, a good tackler, and good hands. Not to mention his leadership skills and that he's been a class player in this league a long time. It looks like he can be for us what Rod Woodson was to the Ravens and Raiders. Although I was hoping to see him play some corner, looks like he's a good fit at FS.

colin
12-13-2004, 02:49 AM
who cares about the FS? the only position on the team is the QB, football = tennis

Ebenezer
12-13-2004, 07:36 AM

would you like to alter your feelings? any little change?

The King
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Didnt Vincent have a hat trick yesterday? HEHE

BillsFever21
12-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Big deal so he had a good game.

3 million bucks for 34 year old FS/Nickel CB to play 7 games if he finishes off the season. Man what a frigging steal that was.

Dozerdog
12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
:rofl:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I think we will all understand TV's value if/when we get to the playoffs and we have his influence in the locker room to keep the rest of the team grounded. Him playing at FS is going to take this D to the next level also...I look for him to go to the Pro Bowl next year as a FS if he can stay healthy.